Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: Amplifier New

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Amplifier New

The cable result was not good. I asked my cable operator to enhance the results.

He suggested me two ways. Install directly on main cable either

a) Power Pass
    or
    b) Amplifier/booster

Please suggest me which is the best solution to get the full signals of cable same as main cable.

On RDI forum , there are very well experienced members who are in cable business, please guide me What is price of this cable amplifier and brand or any other way to get full signals as on main cable.

ZAFARJOIA Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default cable

call me 03009697840

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

actually, that should not be YOUR problem since you are a paying customer. you should tell THEM to put either a booster, signal amplifier or a power pass, whatever it is you need to watch a good quality from your cable subscription. THEY (the cable operator) should solve this kind of problem, not YOU.

however, should you decide to purchase the amplifier or line booster, you will still get the same reception for your cable connection since you will amplify everything, including the noise on the line. cable operators should install their own cable repeaters along the way to mimimise signal loss and improve clarity of signals.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi boknoy

Thanks , your suggestion is very practicle for paying customer that it is total responsibility of Cable operator to give you good signals.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Amplifier New

Quote Originally Posted by ZEEcode
    The cable result was not good. I asked my cable operator to enhance the results.

He suggested me two ways. Install directly on main cable either

a) Power Pass
    or
    b) Amplifier/booster

Please suggest me which is the best solution to get the full signals of cable same as main cable.

On RDI forum , there are very well experienced members who are in cable business, please guide me What is price of this cable amplifier and brand or any other way to get full signals as on main cable.
    You should install a line extender amplifier to boost your signal.
    The price of line extender amplifier (Scientific Atlanta) here in P.I is around 5,500 pesos.

n00b Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default ok

`pluge amp direct cable in tv out single ok

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Salman

Which amplifier is best for pluge in cable in tv out single ok?

Please give me its name and price in pakistan.

How much %-age this amplifier increase signals coming from main cable.

Please give name of that amplifier which work for VHF and UHF signals equally. coz it is seen that

a) when we adjust amplifier on VHF , signals become stronger on VHF and weeker on UHF and
    b) when u adjust amplifier on UHF , signals become stronger on UHF and week on VHF

so please mention that amplifier which works fine for both VHF and UHF frequencies at a time.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@ZEEcode,

really i cannot understand why you want to spend cash on things you are not supposed to. call your cable operator and tell THEM to install the line amplifier! unless of course you are simply tapping from your neighbor's cable line?

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    @ZEEcode,

really i cannot understand why you want to spend cash on things you are not supposed to. call your cable operator and tell THEM to install the line amplifier! unless of course you are simply tapping from your neighbor's cable line?
    Correct.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Amplifiers

Hi Zeecode,

How many channels does your CATV system is working because from the number of channels we can determine the type of system configuration.

In CATV it is not only VHF & UHF we have also MID Band and Super Band now if you want only to improve your signal quality then you can use an ordinary TV antenna booster, connect the cable from the CATV provider into the input terminal and the output to your TV.

If your system had a MID band then better if you use a WISI TV antenna booster(Germany) because other brands only operates in VHF/UHF band but WISI covers all the frequency spectrum for TV frequencies not available to most Asian (National,PX,DX,Green) manufactured antenna booster.

Dont buy new one, just use any second hand if available. Then you can save money and get good signal.

Cheers,

Johnpal

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

This is also good idea.

but john

does the booster works same as amplifier on cable or there is some diference in extender amplifier and booster

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Amplifier

Hi Sheetal,

Yes, a TV antenna booster and a Line amplifier works the same but they differ only in power levels.

Line amplifiers use by CATV can extend the signal farther with more load while a normal TV booster is just good for house use but the same function to AMPLIFY meaning to INCREASE.

Cheers,

Johnpal

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

and whatever NOISE you receive from the source will be AMPLIFIED. end result, you will still get the same snowy reception. Amplifiers are good only if your source is clear, and you need to amplify it to receive on longer distances, but if your source is already not good, what's the point of amplifiying the same bad reception?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Amplifier

Hi Boknoy,

Our friend problem is weak signal, snowy picture in CATV signal start to appear the moment your signal level is -20db downwards. Some TV booster can still compensate that level loss and gave you a much clearer picture without snow.

Noise is a signal that interferes with the original signal and sometimes much visible at higher signal level. If ever you got a snowy picture you can amplify that with a good quality amplifier and a crystal clear picture can be attain.

But for distribution like a CATV system need a high power output and a high quality coaxial or optical fiber cables.

Cheers,

Johnpal

Thread Information