Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Receiving only Horizontal channels

Please solve my problem.I have 8 **** mesh dish and receive c band channels on this dish in Rawalpindi Pakistan .From last 3 days i 'm receiving only Horizontal channels.I change my Lnb but problem remian.My dish is about 8 years old with motor.I try with new lnb of supermax got some signals of zee smile and star utsav on asiasat but they break with in some second.I put back my old lnb and got strong signal on B4umovies and music and also receive some channels of Vertical side like DDINDia but break some time on panam sat 10.I adjust the LNB again and got signal on the roof.But when i connect the lnb cable to my receiver in room i find no Signal in my receiver.
    What the problem is.what this shows problem in my dish or its alignment.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if you are getting signals on the roof but not on the receiver, lets assume you are trying on the roof with the same receiver, then receiver settings are ok and you need to check your cable between dish and house connecting point, somewhere along the line there is a problem.
    apart from not getting the picture, are you getting a signal level, if none then cable or termination connectors shorting or open.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    if you are getting signals on the roof but not on the receiver, lets assume you are trying on the roof with the same receiver, then receiver settings are ok and you need to check your cable between dish and house connecting point, somewhere along the line there is a problem.
    apart from not getting the picture, are you getting a signal level, if none then cable or termination connectors shorting or open.
    I HAVE SIX FEET DISH AND I WAS RECEIVING THAICOM 78.5*EAST(ONLY VERTICAL) AS BASE,PANAMSAT7/10 ,ABS1 75*EAST AND ASIASAT 105*EAST ON SIDE LNBS WITH OK SIGNALS.

NOW I HAVE PROBLEM WITH THAICOM 78*EAST 3585 V 3545 V AND SURSANGEET MH1,PANAMSAT 7/10 ARY HAVE SAME SIGNALS AS ONE MONTH BACK BUT I M RECEIVING IT WITH SCRATCHES,OTHER ALL VERTICAL ARE HAVING PROBLEM AND HORIZANTAL ALSO DOING PROBLEM BUT THEY ARE OK.
    ASIASAT3S 105*EAST ALL CHANNELS ARE NOT OK AS BEFORE.

NOW I WANT TO KNOW THAT I HAVE CHECKED ALL CABLES AND LNBS DISEQ C SWITCH AND ALSO CHANGED DISH PLACE BUT PROBLEM IS SAME PLEASE ANY BODY GUIDE ME THAT WHAT THINGS CAN DISTURB MICROWAVE SIGNALS I M FROM RAWALPINDI AND I AM 2 OR THREE KILOMETRE AWAY FROM AIR PORT AND AIRPORT IS TOWARDS EAST FROM MY HOME.I HAVE ANOTHER DISH FIXED ON EUROBIRD 2 BASE HOTBIRD AND PAKSAT 1 ON SIDE LNBS THAT DISH SIGNALS R OK.I THINK AIRPORT IS THE POINT WHICH IS DISTURBING MY SIGNALS (SOME OTHER PEOPLE ALSO HAVE SAME PROBLEM AS I)BUT MY CABLE OPERATOR IS NOT HAVING PROBLEM WHICH IS TOWARDS SOUTH EAST FROM MY HOME I THINK HE IS USING BIG DISHES FOR HIS SETUP AND HE IS NOT HAVING ANY PROBLEM.

PLZ GUIDE ME.THNX

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thank sir for the advice I will definitely change my cable.Sir it will remove the problem of not receiving signal in room but what is your suggestion about vertical signals.My vertical signals problem is from last 3 weeks there r some mobile company and bank towers in my area from last 3 years and other bank antennas from many years but what happen from last 3 weeks i don't understand.

@Nice 27
    On Eurobird2 how many channels you are receiving. Good idea of many lnbs on one dish.Do u install yourself or professional person.
    Last edited by naumaniqbal; 27th January 2007 at 10:39.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

one thing i should probably point out is that i dont seem to get any interference from any earth stations or airport radars on my satellite reception, except when an aeroplane appears to pass on the signal path. the satellite signal is directly linked between sat and dish.
    most of the times if i do an lnb combination i tend to loose some frequencies, or they go low and not watchable.
    one experiment is to use the sat with problem freqs as the centre lnb(main) and see if the problem dissapears or not. otherwise try a single dish to single lnb and the problem should be solved.
    this means the problem arises due to combination of lnbs on one dish, which i must say is not easy setting
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Please give advice about my question.
    Why i am not getting Vertical Channels Signal?
    PLEASE

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by naumaniqbal View Post
    Please give advice about my question.
    Why i am not getting Vertical Channels Signal?
    PLEASE
    try to realign your lnb, or try the original lnb, and put back every,little bit of adjustment as was.
    loosing either v or h when the transmisions are actually there totally depends on lnb alignment.
    take your receiver to the roof and only deal with lnb - up, down, circular, straightnes to centre of dish. try all that.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks Sir COGIL , you r right there is no effect of any Mobile or bank antenna waves on Dish system.I tried and followed ur advice and got about 80% of channels back(zee smile ,star utsav,zee music (asiasat 3) that after 3 weeks but still not getting some Vertical Channels so far(e.g PTV,Atv etc on Asiasat3, ETC channel on thaicom2/5 and India tv,Hum Tv on Pas10) .Thanks once again .Pleas sir advice that how i can get all channels back.
    On some channels signal drop and rise, is still there any thing which i have to do.
    Last edited by naumaniqbal; 28th January 2007 at 23:27.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default v + H

Dear friends i also face this problem in Jhelum since 5 days ago i change my lnb, cabel,dis switch but the problem not solve. I think a unknown signal distrub the signal of sattlite. i not recived 3545 v,3551 H from Thicom but recived 3600 H, 3585 v from same satt, but not recived 3551 from ST1, and also distrubed 4091 v from Asia sat3s . thx ( MOHD LUQMAN) 0333.5824737

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

try to realign your lnb, or try the original lnb, and put back every,little bit of adjustment as was.
    loosing either v or h when the transmissions are actually there totally depends on lnb alignment.
    take your receiver to the roof and only deal with lnb - up, down, circular, straightness to center of dish. try all that.
    now you can try with different lnb, and be sure that anything you don't get and you were getting is subject to the change, you mark position before removing to try another.
    also consult with others whether they are getting the channels you are missing, if they are then check and confirm receiver lnb settings to be ok.
    otherwise good to know you are succeeding.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Dear friends i also face this problem in Jhelum since 5 days ago i change my lnb, cabel,dis switch but the problem not solve. I think a unknown signal distrub the signal of sattlite. i not recived 3545 v,3551 H from Thicom but recived 3600 H, 3585 v from same satt, but not recived 3551 from ST1, and also distrubed 4091 v from Asia sat3s . thx ( MOHD LUQMAN) 0333.5824737
    Hi Luqman,
    first remember nothing will disturb your sat signals apart from an obstruction to the dish or on the lnb. its a direct com. to satellite.
    next trust that your lnb setting is not correct, so thats what you work on and you'll get some results. plus you will learn more about lnb settings, distance to the dish and circular movement while you watch the level of mostly the missing frequency.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thank sir for the advice I will definitely change my cable.Sir it will remove the problem of not receiving signal in room but what is your suggestion about vertical signals.My vertical signals problem is from last 3 weeks there r some mobile company and bank towers in my area from last 3 years and other bank antennas from many years but what happen from last 3 weeks i don't understand.

@Nice 27
    On Eurobird2 how many channels you are receiving. Good idea of many lnbs on one dish.Do u install yourself or professional person.
    brother it is very easy to install i have installed it by myself i m getting 165 channels on this bird i m also getting hotbird 13*east paksat 38 *east and turksat east beam at 42 *east on same dish.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks Sir COGIL , you r right there is no effect of any Mobile or bank antenna waves on Dish system.I tried and followed ur advice and got about 80% of channels back(zee smile ,star utsav,zee music (asiasat 3) that after 3 weeks but still not getting some Vertical Channels so far(e.g PTV,Atv etc on Asiasat3, ETC channel on thaicom2/5 and India tv,Hum Tv on Pas10) .Thanks once again .Pleas sir advice that how i can get all channels back.
    On some channels signal drop and rise, is still there any thing which i have to do.
    dear brother i had same channels problem like u i changed my dish's place and got asiasat 3s ok.ary ok panamsat 7/10 ok when i disconnected the lnb from diseqc switch all are ok when i connect it i can receive only powerful tps of same satellites I got all ok like dm digital ptv ,hum tv india tv etc but thaicom problem remain same 3585 v 3545 v and sursangeet are giving scraches on 45% signals.thnx

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I tried my best and got all pas 10 channels back most with Ok result.But still fail to get Thaicom 2/5 .On asiasat 3s i got all channels which i was not getting i.e ATV,ptv Network,TVone,AAj on roof but when i connect my receiver in room all were gone.What's wrong now what kind of problem with my system.Please help.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Horizontal channels

It is also a good practice to check the receiver side if the voltage going to the LNB is correct. You may check by using dc volt meter, check if the voltage is changing when you select V or H channels. 12.5 to 14.5 V for Vertical Channels and 15.5 to 18 V for Horizontal Channels. Check the Receiver LNB input first, then connect the coax and then check the end of the cable. After checking the voltage you can conclude if the problem is from the antenna side or receiver side.

Thread Information