Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default inline signal amp.

does it really increase signal strength using this signal amp? anyone actually used one of these? or is it one of those salesman's "buy this sales talk only" and spent something for no purpose at all.
    18 dB In-Line 950 to 2150 MHz Amplifier
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Zoren View Post
    does it really increase signal strength using this signal amp? anyone actually used one of these? or is it one of those salesman's "buy this sales talk only" and spent something for no purpose at all.
    18 dB In-Line 950 to 2150 MHz Amplifier
    Yes,it will up to 100%,but will not increase Signal Quality which is the one you need to get stable pictures on a weak signal-You still need a bigger dish.
    Do not bother using this device unless you are running more than 50 metres of coaxial cable from lnb to your wall plate.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Aldeto View Post
    Yes,it will up to 100%,but will not increase Signal Quality which is the one you need to get stable pictures on a weak signal-You still need a bigger dish.
    Do not bother using this device unless you are running more than 50 metres of coaxial cable from lnb to your wall plate.
    Yes , its cannot do to increase the signal.I bought 3 pcs of these amp but now they r in my store room.lol:

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

i got 2 of that gizmo, both does not give me what i expect them to do. i forgot where i place them, most likely in recycle bin!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

i have one too, but it cuts off the signal completely when inserted. maybe it is dead.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

it does amplify the signal, both good and bad. so in the long run, you still get the same quality reception since the noise is also amplified. my inline amp is at storage, romancing my matrix reloaded cam. dunno when they will have an offspring, heheheh.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have a different version to this... This gadget actually amplifies your signal but it depands on where you place it. it performs better when placed closer to the dish so that it sort of "push" the signal.

oOo BeatSat oOo

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    romancing my matrix reloaded cam. dunno when they will have an offspring, heheheh.

Sir boknoy,ah.ha.they will born Matrixplifier in ur storage to give u as their generation and u will face generation gap.Need to built another store room.

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@Beatsat,

I've tried alot of places along the cable but can't find the fact for it's specify.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@beatsat,

as i posted earlier, it will amplify BOTH bad and good signals, so even if you put it right after the lnb, if you already got poor signal, then that same poor signal will be amplified. it does not filter the signal noise and push the good signal only, nopes.

what i mean is, for exampl: you have a signal quality of 20% and thus cannot get any picture. you install the inline amplifier and thus gets 99% signal quality on your receiver meter. but that same crap quality is amplified, therefore, resulting in a very bad and frustrating experience of not getting the picture on your tv.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Zoren,
    Commonly known as BULLET AMPLIFIER.Early reply from forum friends gave right answer. It works like baseband amp. LNB receives the reflected signal, amplifies it and convert to L band and transmits to receiver through cable.The resistance in the cable blocks the signal(It is common in all fields).If the cable length is more the 30 meters the line amp or bullet amp is connected in between the total length, some times 2 bullet amp are connected in starting and ending of the cable. It works as boknoy_ph earlier said.Use good quality cable and high gain receivers with rigid connectors , proper alignment of dish antenna and feed horn position. In my set up cable length between lnb and receiver is 55mts,now i am not using bullet amp.. with digital receiver, i was using that one with analog receiver. now it is in equipment rack .
    ALL THE BEST
    Megahertzpark

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Line amps where very good when we had the old analogue services, There is no value to using one with digital services, If your using a long cable run, in excess of 100 meters use RG 11 cable.

And if you still insist in using one , it should be placed in the middle of the run.
    regards from OZ bassett

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

its got to be my cable. i'm using dual lnb. one output is connected in the stb the other output is connected in the pc's sat card. the stb has 98% signal quality while the pc is showing only 51% signal quality and also having the longer cable. is there anymore type of cable w/c has less resistance when used on long cable run? uh! back to ohms law again. i think, i'll try to use RG 11 mybe there will be some changes.
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

So how long is your cable run, and are you using high quality triple shielded RG 6, or something else. ?
    regards from OZ bassett

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    So how long is your cable run, and are you using high quality triple shielded RG 6, or something else. ?

the way i hid the cable, its probably 100 meters long. i used only standard type coaxial cable. i've done some research on coax cables, i think RG-8 is more than good enough to solve this signal losses.
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Thread Information