Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default S/W format converter.

Is there any s/w through which we can change the format of a file,So that we can change different s/w formates, as different stbs need different formates.like HDF,AES,AUC,DAT,BIN,ABS etc.
    Abdur-Rehman Dawar.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

like a universal converter? no.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear dawar,as u mean that we need converter may be "universal file converter".But I'd never see it.I only seen in my carrer that is bin to auc (sorry I'm not sure) converter.

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Dear dawar,as u mean that we need converter may be "universal file converter".But I'd never see it.I only seen in my carrer that is bin to auc (sorry I'm not sure) converter.

Thanks.
    Thanks for both your responses.

Is there any converter bin to auc?
    Abdur-Rehman Dawar.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear dawar , I check it today and it's the converter of WB II.auc to Viva.auc file.It's auc_hedit converter.Sorry brother.

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

There are certain s/w available which can convert from one extension to another to same kind of files. Lets say you can convert any MP3 audio files to any other format audio file, but NOT TO A WORD(*.doc) file.

Again that file extension should be so popular and ppl need the requirement for the same, in that case only you will a get a useful s/w.

There are s/w available which can handle ..
    1. Audio
    2. Video
    3. Document

conversion.
    Technology Makes You Live

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i think he is specifically saying converting the file formats for different receivers. the short answer to that is a big NO, as different receivers behave in different manners, so it is not simply a matter of converting the bin to auc to hex to etc.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    i think he is specifically saying converting the file formats for different receivers. the short answer to that is a big NO, as different receivers behave in different manners, so it is not simply a matter of converting the bin to auc to hex to etc.
    Yes dear boknoy thats what i mean.
    Abdur-Rehman Dawar.

Thread Information