Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    136
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Smile What is the full form STB & FEC ??


    Dear friends.....

    What is the full meaning of STB & FEC and what are the actual usages for STB & (FEC 3/4, 5/6, etc....)

    Please explain me...........
    Ur's riya - [email protected]

  2. #2
    Member Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    677
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riyasknr View Post
    Dear friends.....

    What is the full meaning of STB & FEC and what are the actual usages for STB & (FEC 3/4, 5/6, etc....)

    Please explain me...........
    STB = Set Top Box (to decode signals from satellite or cable)

  3. #3
    Moderator Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Africa-Kenya-Nbi
    Posts
    3,108
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riyasknr View Post
    Dear friends.....

    What is the full meaning of STB & FEC and what are the actual usages for STB & (FEC 3/4, 5/6, etc....)

    Please explain me...........
    jn telecommunication, forward error correction (FEC) is a system of error control for data transmission, whereby the sender adds redundant data to its messages, which allows the receiver to detect and correct errors without the need to ask the sender for additional data.

    STB as above by dom is Set Top Box - and refers to any device that connects to the television, sat decorders and receivers included.

  4. #4
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    472
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    First to reply dom6, Good ABC

    whats your implication here, and how does it help the posters question? mod.

  5. #5
    Byte Stalker Mentor
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Planet Earth in Universe
    Posts
    939
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    in digital world FEC is synonimous to CRC of compression softwares.
    ************************************
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

  6. #6
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hindustan
    Posts
    291
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by member91040 View Post
    First to reply dom6, Good ABC

    whats your implication here, and how does it help the posters question? mod.
    Plz do not issue any comment on others posts. One day we all were like this, and its our duty to help everybody here
    Technology Makes You Live

  7. #7
    Moderator Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Africa-Kenya-Nbi
    Posts
    3,108
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urpradhan View Post
    Plz do not issue any comment on others posts. One day we all were like this, and its our duty to help everybody here
    please note that a moderator should understand the forum to comment about anything, I wonder to your suggestion do you want me to sit down and sing for what i find wrong, whats your suggestion if what ave done above displeases you?
    by the way it shows well mod, if you know what that means you cant go ahead and tell me "dont" that is a lot of disrespect, learn to obey authority however minor. if you want to understand the answer has nothing to do with the topic and cannot be understood. so by asking what it means which is a moderators job - how do you come in. i have put so many comments before as such even on your posts, why now, have even deleted non conforming posts why havent you told me dont do that, when did i become your moderation student?
    Dstv HD PVR

  8. #8
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hindustan
    Posts
    291
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    please note that a moderator should understand the forum to comment about anything, I wonder to your suggestion do you want me to sit down and sing for what i find wrong, whats your suggestion if what ave done aboe displeases you?
    Dear Cogil

    I think my English is not good. Else how could you got the wrong theme of my last post ?

    It was for doomxxxx , who had made the stmt not the mod
    I was requesting doomxxx or every member not to laugh anyones post.
    Technology Makes You Live

  9. #9
    Moderator Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Africa-Kenya-Nbi
    Posts
    3,108
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    that post is well written "mod" meaning moderator
    Dstv HD PVR

  10. #10
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    21.95° N 97.06° E
    Posts
    6,263
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    @Dear Urpradhan, Our moderator (Mr.Cogil) is the best actor in Moderate Team and he's doing the great job for RDI.Pay alots of his comments, opinion, helps and guard to all members.He has the reason why he delete the post or do anything in a post,we should understand him.He is respectable mod for us.

    He misunderstand ur post and wrote this message.Let's forget about it.I think u'll become a shinning star in RDI in comming years.

    @Sir Cogil, U two r misunderstanding and just want to see a smile in ur face.Can u?

    Best Wishes.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

    DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .



  11. #11
    Member Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    677
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by member91040 View Post
    First to reply dom6, Good ABC

    whats your implication here, and how does it help the posters question? mod.
    There is no misunderstanding by the mod (moderator) here.

    all you guys please note member91040 reply to my post, which is of no benefit to anyone except himself to increase his posts.

    The moderator has done his job & put in his correction & with the word mod at the end & some really dumb guys reads it in reverse as dom.

    Pradhan dont jump the gun buddy, read properly before you assume things.
    AND HEY HELLO STOP BEING ASSERTIVE.

    I was expecting for the mod to come in & correct & yes he did, Thanks Cogil & please continue the good job.

  12. #12
    Member Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    677
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urpradhan View Post
    Dear Cogil

    I think my English is not good. Else how could you got the wrong theme of my last post ?

    It was for doomxxxx , who had made the stmt not the mod
    I was requesting doomxxx or every member not to laugh anyones post.
    Pradhan which statement please "refer to context".
    There was no emoticans in my post.

  13. #13
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hindustan
    Posts
    291
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dom06 View Post
    Pradhan which statement please "refer to context".
    There was no emoticans in my post.
    Sorry brother ....
    Again I did a mistake by writing ur name instead of xxxxxxxx and also replying to this thread.

    Moral: Listen more, talk less.
    Technology Makes You Live

  14. #14
    Moderator Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Africa-Kenya-Nbi
    Posts
    3,108
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dom06 View Post
    There is no misunderstanding by the mod (moderator) here.

    all you guys please note member91040 reply to my post, which is of no benefit to anyone except himself to increase his posts.

    The moderator has done his job & put in his correction & with the word mod at the end & some really dumb guys reads it in reverse as dom.

    Pradhan dont jump the gun buddy, read properly before you assume things.
    AND HEY HELLO STOP BEING ASSERTIVE.

    I was expecting for the mod to come in & correct & yes he did, Thanks Cogil & please continue the good job.
    Thanks dom you understand exactly what i saw, remember av read more of member910.. posts before that comment, and he is doing exactly what you've said.
    @ yan thanks for the understanding not misunderstanding.
    @ upradhan bro,
    the only thing possible is you to have clicked the wrong post which had the right comment. to me i find you quite learned and assumed you knew what you were doing, if it is someone else with poor learning or english, i could have skipped it, but not for you cause i always know, you are a smart guy
    anyway lets pass it.
    Dstv HD PVR

  15. #15
    Member Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    677
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default


    Thank You gentlemen
    Cogil, Urpradhan, Yan.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top