Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Unhappy need help for dvb ss2 and positioner disecq 1.2

IF THERE IS SOMEONE IN MY SITUATION, PLS JOIN ME HERE
    IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO CAN GIVE A HAND I WOULD APRECIATE IT

HERE IS THE PROBLEM:
    1. hardware configuration: skystar 2 (v2.6), 1.2m dish, Strong LNB 0.2 db
    2. software configuration: winXP SP2, progdvb 4.8.1, Technisat codecs&drivers (4.2.2, 4.28, 4.3.0 I'll tell you later about), disecq 1.9 by MIBI
    3. problem solved: I had to copy the skydll.dll file from the folder where the software's driver is instaled to progdvb folder to be able to activate the voltage of the LNB and finaly move the positioner with disecq v. 1.9 by mibi...
    4. situation: I tried al possible combinations:
    -with disecq 1.8 or 1.9 by MIBI and skynet.sis 430 I can move the antenna, but not allways to the right coordinates (maybe they are wrong or I haven't mounted antenna corectly, or where I live I can't get too much signal from a satellite), or sometimes the plugin moves my antenna but where I have no signal, sometimes when I have signal around 28%, the receiver DOESN'T DISPLAY A THING EVER!
    -with disecq 1.6 or 1.7 and 4.2.8 or 4.2.2 skynet.sis vers. driver, I CAN SEE IMAGES IF A HAVE SIGNAL, BUT I CAN'T MOVE THE ANTENNA

pls help

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

the only help i can give you now is to refer you back to Happysat for the above mentioned problem as there have been a lot of people with problems associated with SS2 and disecq settings and motor drivers.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

install 4.4.0 drivers and use altdvb (it "knows" diseqc natively on >= 4.4.0 drivers)

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default thanks you both

Quote Originally Posted by sigxcpu View Post
    install 4.4.0 drivers and use altdvb (it "knows" diseqc natively on >= 4.4.0 drivers)
    man, have you realy tried or used this configuration of hardware and software? I will try your way ofcourse, but I wish to do it on a fresh copy of windows so I need a confirmation to do this...

and

boknoy_ph
    the only help i can give you now is to refer you back to Happysat for the above mentioned problem as there have been a lot of people with problems associated with SS2 and disecq settings and motor drivers.

another forum to look out for the information? man, I need this info like crazy
    Last edited by gedai; 25th January 2007 at 00:21. Reason: mistake

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i understand, same reason why i returned back my SS2 and tried to forget about it, lol. technisat is having this notion that the user does not need a motor or more than two satellites at a time.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default ok

so I see from another replyes ... it is possible that I installed the metal made support incorrect: not perfectly vertical position or the south not to 0 degrees positioner's default.

Why I can't have image on my monitor, when I catch some signal, it is because the 4.3.0 version of driver from Technisat, that doesn't "allow" the codecs to render image when the signal is smaller than 28%..

Now I make tests with Alt-DVB, but if there will be no results, I might be forced to remake the metal made support to have 0* perfectly vertical position and south to o* positioner's default.

Cheers

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have SS2 (2.6.D) and SG-2100 H-H motor.

With the latest (4.4.0) Technisat drivers I can move the motor wherever I want. It is very important to enable H-H in satellite config in AltDVB and put your exact latitude and longitude in settings/diseqc for gotox to work.
    My setup works like a charm since the first moment, without any glitch.

Thread Information