Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Question PAS 7/10 to be remaned???

I use PAS 7/10 and understand these are going to be remaned as IS – 7 & IS – 10 with effect from February 1, 2007. Is this change going to have any effect on our current settings or it is just cosmetics?

oOo BeatSat oOo

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Beatsat View Post
    I use PAS 7/10 and understand these are going to be remaned as IS – 7 & IS – 10 with effect from February 1, 2007. Is this change going to have any effect on our current settings or it is just cosmetics?

oOo BeatSat oOo

I dont think it is going to effect any settings by whatever name you are going to save and watch it from that satellite....... the problem only arises if they are going to change it position from 68.5deg to someother...
    it is not compulsory for anyone to save the name of the satellite as PAS only.
    You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Welcome to Intelsat's New Line Up

As of 1 February 2007, Intelsat will change the names of 16 of its 51 satellites. The name change is part of our integration efforts, and is being implemented based in part on consensus feedback and recommendations from our customer community.

The changes being implemented are the following

Galaxy (G) replaces the Intelsat Americas (IA) brand
    Intelsat (IS) replaces the PanAmSat brand (PAS)
    Unique or joint venture satellites, such as SBS-6, Horizons or APR, will retain the same name

taken from www.intelsat.com

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

I saw the Intelsat site but not much is said about the impending name change.

It has been gossiped that SABC will be switched off the FTA list. I thought this might be the early warnings of the imminent danger for our region. It starts with renaming of satellites then …….

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

I saw the Intelsat site but not much is said about the impending name change.

It has been gossiped that SABC will be switched off the FTA list. I thought this might be the early warnings of the imminent danger for our region. It starts with renaming of satellites then …….

oOo BeatSat oOo

Thread Information