Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Exclamation How many types of LNB ????

Dear friends........

Can u explain me?

1. How many types of LNB ?

2. What are the differences between KU band & C band

3. If Universal LNB can we use Ku & C both bands ?
    Ur's riya - [email protected]

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by riyasknr View Post
    Dear friends........

Can u explain me?

1. How many types of LNB ?

2. What are the differences between KU band & C band

3. If Universal LNB can we use Ku & C both bands ?
    1. lots and and lots

2. c band 3.7 gh to 4. 2 gh that we use
    ku band 9.75 to about 13 gh

3. universal lnb is for ku band only
    ABA

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

The band is not only restricted to Ku and C bands, rather is has other bands too like Ka,S band.

And Ku band has higher freq. than C band and they need small dish as compared to C band. Every LNB has two polarizations, Horizontal and Vertical (RHCP/LHCP). But UNIVERSAL LNB has both the polarizations which can be switched with higher voltage from receiver through ur remote. The unit to measure the LNB noise/quality is in decibel (dB). As a rule: Lower the noise higher the quality.

Better do some google urself and all ur doubts will be clarified itself. BOL.
    Technology Makes You Live

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if your receiver has user set up you can select universal then on user set up change 9750mh to 5150mhz, that will make u receive c band on a ku setting.
    but this is only on receivers with user settings, where after selecting ku you can still change the figures.
    this makes you get some frequencies not shown on set up, and you have a wider range search on c band.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thumbs up Thanks my dear friends......

Dear friends..........

Thanks for your prompt reply......

If anybody know about Ku band & C band website link .... Please post here......
    Ur's riya - [email protected]

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    if your receiver has user set up you can select universal then on user set up change 9750mh to 5150mhz, that will make u receive c band on a ku setting.
    but this is only on receivers with user settings, where after selecting ku you can still change the figures.
    this makes you get some frequencies not shown on set up, and you have a wider range search on c band.

Excuse me, but your incorrect with that statement, Universial LNB, 22 hurz switching between 9750 and 10600. There is no way known that it will switch to 5150 [for c-band]

So we have standard Ku LNB ether 10750 or 11300, depending on supplyer both Horz // vert or LHSP // RHCP or a Universial in Horz // vert.
    there is no need for Universial on circular. these cover from 10.5 Hz to 12.75Hz

Then we have C-band going between 3.4 Hz to 4.2 Hz. years ago when we only had analogue signals there was a wide band C-band LNB, which extended out to around 5Hz, these died out with the coming of digital.

There is also S-band and L-band, which are used for specific services.
    The Cakrawarta bouquat was one such service using S-band.
    regards from OZ bassett

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Excuse me, but your incorrect with that statement, Universial LNB, 22 hurz switching between 9750 and 10600. There is no way known that it will switch to 5150 [for c-band]

So we have standard Ku LNB ether 10750 or 11300, depending on supplyer both Horz // vert or LHSP // RHCP or a Universial in Horz // vert.
    there is no need for Universial on circular. these cover from 10.5 Hz to 12.75Hz

Then we have C-band going between 3.4 Hz to 4.2 Hz. years ago when we only had analogue signals there was a wide band C-band LNB, which extended out to around 5Hz, these died out with the coming of digital.

There is also S-band and L-band, which are used for specific services.
    The Cakrawarta bouquat was one such service using S-band.
    Hello friend,
    When we are selecting LO freq.. for C-Band 5150 and Ku-Band 9750/ 10600(for lower and upper band). In some latest receivers we can manually set the LO.22KHz tone control switches between lower and upper band on particular band . I didn't saw universal C-Band LNB but i know extended C-Band that is up to 4.8. 13/18V switches between V&H respectively.I agree with bassett. ALL THE BEST
    Megahertzpark

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Pliz enlighten me also on this issue, is the c-band LNB type depended on the dish size? or one can just use any C-band LNB type on any dish size (above 120cm)

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Hi All Of U

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    he was referring to STB setting and not trying to attempt to get a C-band signal out of a KU lnb. that would simply be physically impossible.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Beatsat View Post
    Pliz enlighten me also on this issue, is the c-band LNB type depended on the dish size? or one can just use any C-band LNB type on any dish size (above 120cm)
    the higher the kelvin rating on a c-band lnb, the more sensitive it is supposed to be. it is not dependent on dish size, but mostly, if you want c-band reception then you have to use BUD (Big Ugly Dishes, lol).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You will find that the 22hurz switching only applies with a Universial [Ku] lnb where two sets of figures come into play
    regards from OZ bassett

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by urpradhan View Post
    . Every LNB has two polarizations, Horizontal and Vertical (RHCP/LHCP). Better do some google urself and all ur doubts will be clarified itself. BOL.
    Maybe you should google too.

There are also single polarity lnb's. There are C&KU band lnb's as one unit with dual polarity 5150 Cband and Universal 9750 10600 with internal diseqc switches.

Ku Band LNB's may be universal dual polarity for offest dishes, or prime focus KU LNB's which can be single or dual polarity. These can be 10678 or 11300. Sky Pefect Japan uses the 10678 lnb's.

Let's say you want to put PAS 10 Cband, AS2 AS3 Agila2 and ABS1 to 5 receivers.

The Cband lnb's I use are in fact separate dual output with one output horizontal and one output vertical. Thats six coax feeds. Then put a single polarity KU LNB on Agila2 and ABS1. Thats another two lnb's.

So these 8 coax lines feed into an 8 in 8 out multiswitch. 8 outs then feed the 8 receivers ( you dont need to setup your receiver for disqeqc or other switches cause you dont use them ). You just scan and organize your channels. That way the 5 receivers will not have voltage problems when using different polarities affecting the voltage.

I have two feeds going to my home and 6 others which then go to the neigbhours and our local Cafe so they can share in the fun as well.

You can also run the coaxes into splitters with 4 out and then feed 4 eight way switches to feed 32 receivers.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ******2engineer View Post
    Maybe you should google too.

There are also single polarity lnb's. There are C&KU band lnb's as one unit with dual polarity 5150 Cband and Universal 9750 10600 with internal diseqc switches.

Ku Band LNB's may be universal dual polarity for offest dishes, or prime focus KU LNB's which can be single or dual polarity. These can be 10678 or 11300. Sky Pefect Japan uses the 10678 lnb's.

Let's say you want to put PAS 10 Cband, AS2 AS3 Agila2 and ABS1 to 5 receivers.

The Cband lnb's I use are in fact separate dual output with one output horizontal and one output vertical. Thats six coax feeds. Then put a single polarity KU LNB on Agila2 and ABS1. Thats another two lnb's.

So these 8 coax lines feed into an 8 in 8 out multiswitch. 8 outs then feed the 8 receivers ( you dont need to setup your receiver for disqeqc or other switches cause you dont use them ). You just scan and organize your channels. That way the 5 receivers will not have voltage problems when using different polarities affecting the voltage.

I have two feeds going to my home and 6 others which then go to the neigbhours and our local Cafe so they can share in the fun as well.

You can also run the coaxes into splitters with 4 out and then feed 4 eight way switches to feed 32 receivers.
    gr8 dear
    ya, I may be wrong as I'm not a expert like you, I'm just a end user having 2/3 equipments.
    Anyway I think you are the GURU in satellite.
    But what exactly UNIVERSAL LNB means ? Is it LHCP+RHCP ? How does LNB tilt matters to get a satellite with a UNIVERSAL Ku-Band LNB ? I think it should not be a issue with universal lnb ....
    Technology Makes You Live

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by urpradhan View Post
    But what exactly UNIVERSAL LNB means ? Is it LHCP+RHCP ? How does LNB tilt matters to get a satellite with a UNIVERSAL Ku-Band LNB ? I think it should not be a issue with universal lnb ....
    Universal means the 9750 10600 LNB. The LNB tilt is critical. However in some offset dishes the lnb mount is already pre positioned.

There are universals for Offset dishes and Universals for Prime Focus dishes.

I prefer prime focus dishes as they can also be used for cband.

Some LNB's also have dual or Quad out to feed multiple receivers with both H/V polarity.

I'm not an expert.... Not yet. Combined C/KU Dual polarity with universal below

If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Thread Information