Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Thaicom2/3 plus panamsat7/10

Is it possible to receive thaicom2/3 and PAS 7/10 on 6feet dish with two lnbs.Main lnb toward pas10 and other on side lobe.
    I want to receive All pas 10 (C band ) channels and Thaicom (ETC network, Punjabi music channels and pakistani channels only).
    I specifically want to know that adjacent lnb works perfectly or not as i want to add one more dish to my current setup.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by khurram View Post
    Is it possible to receive thaicom2/3 and PAS 7/10 on 6feet dish with two lnbs.Main lnb toward pas10 and other on side lobe.
    I want to receive All pas 10 (C band ) channels and Thaicom (ETC network, Punjabi music channels and pakistani channels only).
    I specifically want to know that adjacent lnb works perfectly or not as i want to add one more dish to my current setup.
    I'm getting both SATs' signals perfectly as I'm using 8 feet mesh dish focussed towards PAS 7/10 with side LNB covering Thaicom 2/5.
    I don't have any idea about the quality of your 6 feet dish
    by the way ,,,did you try to adjust Fortecstar with EL-700 FTA?
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default adjust Fortecstar with EL-700 FTA?

Quote Originally Posted by masood View Post
    by the way ,,,did you try to adjust Fortecstar with EL-700 FTA?
    dear masood....whats the meaning of ur question? plz give full details...(i have
    three models in fortecstar receiver)did u mean fortecstar software on EL-700 FTA? or EL-700 FTA software on fortecstar receiver? if yes for above two questions , then plz give more details about which model of fortecstar stb need?
    if no, then what u mean?
    regards-george

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

this system works on 8ft dish better, because on 6ft, you always end up with very low signal levels on some frequencies, on either of the sats. so better 8ft but if not available be ready to loose some freqs occassionally.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Please any body with six feet recieving these channels help
    @Masood bhai
    I change my mind and plan to purchase 2 dishes 6 feet and 8 feet ,1 toward thaicom pas10 and 2nd toward hotbird and arabsat respectively.I decided to change my receiver with these dishes on comming weekend.
    Today i search shops in Rawalpindi where i find the price of dish equipment on various shops
    8 feet good quality dish =4200 PKR
    8 feeb B grade dish -----=3200 PKR
    6 feet good quality dish =1700 PKR
    and price of Echolink 700 Fta is 2600 PKR (final).
    lnb c band Supermax 450
    lnb Ku band --------450
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post
    dear masood....whats the meaning of ur question? plz give full details...(i have
    three models in fortecstar receiver)did u mean fortecstar software on EL-700 FTA? or EL-700 FTA software on fortecstar receiver? if yes for above two questions , then plz give more details about which model of fortecstar stb need?
    if no, then what u mean?
    regards-george
    sorry georgekamal !my point was too short to understnad,,,I asked Khaurram if he had replaced his Fortecstar box with EL-700FTA as I advised him to adjust it to save money and to avoid collection of many receivers.
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I understand that all of the masters recommend 8 feet but i want to save some money .But i think now i have to purchase 8 feet dish may be of bad quality or good one .Thanks Guru's .
    Any how if there is any option then recommend.If i adopt 6 feet One piece (2500 Rs) option, will it work.

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I understand that all of the masters recommend 8 feet but i want to save some money .But i think now i have to purchase 8 feet dish may be of bad quality or good one .Thanks Guru's .
    Any how if there is any option then recommend.If i adopt 6 feet One piece (2500 Rs) option, will it work.
    khurram jee!
    plz don't waste money to buy a bad quality dish
    sussta rooy baar baar ,,mehnga roy aik baar?
    do you believe in this quote?
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@Masood bhai
    I change my mind and plan to purchase 2 dishes 6 feet and 8 feet ,1 toward thaicom pas10 and 2nd toward hotbird and arabsat respectively.I decided to change my receiver with these dishes on comming weekend.
    Today i search shops in Rawalpindi where i find the price of dish equipment on various shops
    lnb c band Supermax 450
    lnb Ku band --------450
    choose supermax .3db Universal LNB for KU Band in Rs.350
    and try to buy fibre dish of 8 feet in Rs.6500
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Masood bhai is this fiber glass dish available easily in market.Is it crack proof.Do u know brand name or its local manufactured.In Rwp dish shopkeeper always recommend 8 feet good dish (Shabbir brand) since 1994.Even mesh dishes i purchased were also shabbir brand.My mesh dish of Shabbir is working for C band channels.

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

yes I had been using shabbir brand mesh dish for a long time and that is too good to use ,,,it will be more economical and aandhee proof
    you may use it for Hotbird
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

@Masood bhai
    lnb c band Supermax 450
    lnb Ku band --------450
    DEAR BROTHER
    I M RECEIVING PANAMSAT ALL CHANNELS THAICOM VERTICAL CHANNELS NSS6 95*EAST AND ALSO ASIASAT 3 S 105*EAST ON SIX FEET DISH WITH OK SIGNALS MY DISH IS BASED ON THAICOM 78*EAST AND I M ALSO GETTING ABS1 75*EAST ON IT.I BELONGS TO RWP. I HAVE ALSO PICTURE OF MY DISH.THNX

NOTE I HAVE SIX FEET FOUR PIECES DISH BOUGHT IN RUPEES 1700 FROM IMPERIAL MARKET FROM ANTENNA WAY.

0321-5282174

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear khurram, as Sir Masood said don't buy bad quality dish.My opinion one important thing in satellite equipment is "satellite dish".If not good u will be unhappy while u tunning satellites.If ur receiver can decrypt all channels but if ur bad dish can't access these channels , how do u fee in that timel? (only suggestion)

Thanks.
    Good Luck.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Master
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear u can get both satellites and insat2b3b also on 6feet fiberglass best quilty signals

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks to all.I totally agree with Yan Naing and Masood bhai .I also want to buy some reliable and good quality Dish .As a long weekend is comming in Pakistan i.e (sat----tues) before that i want to gather precious suggestions from respectable members of RDI and then purchase the Dish this weekend.
    @nice27
    Do u install it ur self or dishfitter.If dish fitter installed then how much he charged.
    Please upload the picture if u can, on some image uploading site and put forum link here.(e.g ImageShack.us).
    @picies
    From where i can get FiberDish (crack Proof) in Rwp or ISB.

Thread Information