Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default stblink 4.0 access denied

hi there bros!

i was using stblink 4.0 to upgrade my technosat receiver without problem for quite a long time already. but today, when i tried it, it gave me 'access denied' error. i'm using win xp sp2, norton internet security 2006. xp firewall is 'off'.

any idea what gives me this problem? how can i solve this?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by fmcruzjr View Post
    hi there bros!

i was using stblink 4.0 to upgrade my technosat receiver without problem for quite a long time already. but today, when i tried it, it gave me 'access denied' error. i'm using win xp sp2, norton internet security 2006. xp firewall is 'off'.

Try to use diffretent version like :stblink 5 or 5.20.
    Technosat, Humax, Starsat, Metabox, Kaon, Dreambox, Nokia, and echolink all i have in one room.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks for ur reply, weso!

but i tried to use all versions from 4 to 7, all are giving 'access denied' error. even if i am not connected to my receiver.

anymore suggestions on how i can solve this problem?

Satellite Internet Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

XP Firewalls off, SP2 or may be Norton Firewalls are creating problem, also check ur cable

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

hi there bros!

try to again download the STB 7.01, it should work and if it does not work again then use channel editor 1.02 for the upgrades from here

http://www.satlover.com/index.php?in...n_view&idev=38
    take care.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks 4 all ur help!

I finally solved my problem. It is not the firewall nor the antivirus nor the OS. It is not also the stblink or channel editor.

The culprit is Nokia Connection Manager (in Control Panel), which is part of Nokia PCSuite. The reason is if it is configured to use the serial cable, com port is exclusive for it even if no phone is connected. No other application can access the com port. So, I just uncheck 'serial cable' from the options in Nokia Connection Manager (i'm using USB anyway) and 'access denied' problem was solved.

Just sharing the solution if anybody will face the same problem in the future.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks 4 all ur help!

I finally solved my problem. It is not the firewall nor the antivirus nor the OS. It is not also the stblink or channel editor.

The culprit is Nokia Connection Manager (in Control Panel), which is part of Nokia PCSuite. The reason is if it is configured to use the serial cable, com port is exclusive for it even if no phone is connected. No other application can access the com port. So, I just uncheck 'serial cable' from the options in Nokia Connection Manager (i'm using USB anyway) and 'access denied' problem was solved.

Just sharing the solution if anybody will face the same problem in the future.
    Thanks God you solve it , this will be good opportunity
    Technosat, Humax, Starsat, Metabox, Kaon, Dreambox, Nokia, and echolink all i have in one room.

Thread Information