Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: Newcamd 6.10

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Newcamd 6.10

Hi ,

I am using Newcamd 6.10 on a nagra1 provider in order to get the AU feature function but it does not work.

I have to enter the keys in the keylist file manually all the time . This can be very frustrating @ times.

I have entered the RSA info in the rsakeylist file, but still no luck.
    Could my problem be associated with the nagra*.bin filrs found in /var/ssce ?

Would I have to create my own provider specific nagra*.bin files or can I use any nagra*.bin files the net?

Any info is appreciated !

Regards

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cozierj View Post
    Hi ,

I am using Newcamd 6.10 on a nagra1 provider in order to get the AU feature function but it does not work.

I have to enter the keys in the keylist file manually all the time . This can be very frustrating @ times.

I have entered the RSA info in the rsakeylist file, but still no luck.
    Could my problem be associated with the nagra*.bin filrs found in /var/ssce ?

Would I have to create my own provider specific nagra*.bin files or can I use any nagra*.bin files the net?

Any info is appreciated !

Regards
    wich Nagra1 Provider you want watch ?
    Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default newcamd 6.10

Thanks for responding

I live in the Carribean area, so I am not sure if you are familiar with our system. However, we use a system refered to as MCTV, it is nagra 1 and it is identical to NTL.

P.S. I forgot to mention in my first post that newcamd gives the following error "Caid 1800, Provid 000000, ecm 063e, vkey 1d0110 not available."

Hope this info is of some help..

Regards

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

there you have it, means your vkey is not present which is needed to confirm the au codes. ask somebody to ftp their var/scce to you (the ones with working au). there are a lot of unverified RSA key list flying about in the internet.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Newcamd 6.10

Hi Boknoy ph,

Thanks for your reply.

Since I am from a different location, and my provider is different, wouldn't I have to get nagraroms & nagraepr specific for my provider?

I thought that the info like RSA and vkeys for my provider would be different from what is on the net for other providers.

I am not clear on this issue ! Can U explain more?

Regards

ambo

Newcamd works with or without the vkey. If it doesn't find the vkey...it tries to decode the stream anyway. If you have your vkey, it should be placed inside the keylist files along with your 1d0100 and 1d0101 entries. The format is exactly the same as for the 1d0100 and 1d0101 entry.

I am not an expert or knowledgeable person on the bin files and this is only my opinion on how I understand it.

Basically, the bin files should work with any provider. But as a specific provider will send out ecms or custom emm update packets to counter, a patch that will block that specific emm is needed on the bin files. Thus the bin files becomes provider specific.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Newcamd 6.10

Thanks Ambo for clearing up some of the fog

Would you have any information relating to ecms or custom emm update packets that a provider would typically use to counter (bin files)?
    And the type of patch that will block that specific emm on the bin files?

How do you test to verify that Newcamd AU is working after installing it?

I have installed Newcamd on my system. However I am not sure if it auto updating, I have noticed that the active key in /tmp/cainfo.txt is different form the key in /var/scce/keylist (the one I typed in manually). Where is the info in /tmp/cainfo.txt being read from?

P.S. Please bear with me as I am trying to understand this area while acquiring knowledge @ the same time

Regards

Thread Information