Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Exclamation Accessible Channels

Does anyone one know of any software that allows me to check what satellites are accessible in my area. The SatcoDX software must be high on something it still does not pick Pas 7/10 C-band and Telstar 12 now just buy that How am I supposed to trust such software to think I used to bust my.. to import their mag from South Africa every month. I mean seriously I thought is was just Zimbabwe but service is just crap in my region at the moment. Any way help please.
    nothing at the moment

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mafutah View Post
    Does anyone one know of any software that allows me to check what satellites are accessible in my area. The SatcoDX software must be high on something it still does not pick Pas 7/10 C-band and Telstar 12 now just buy that How am I supposed to trust such software to think I used to bust my.. to import their mag from South Africa every month. I mean seriously I thought is was just Zimbabwe but service is just crap in my region at the moment. Any way help please.
    Firstly the beam maps are not always accurate. People are watching Dream TV in Australia Thailand India China but the beam maps would not show that.

The only way to find out is to start trying to tune into sats up there. Have some patience and if you can start trying to find some other sats.

You might find there are many sats you can pickup. Dish size is important. I have one 2.4m solid with 5 satellites tuned into it. Another for PAS10, Thaicom5, Agila2, Another for LM1 & Telstar10... Another for the Chinese sats.

You might things or not. You just need to try for them.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Will do thanks for the advice
    nothing at the moment

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Suggestions

Thank you very much for your nice suggestion / advice

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Will do thanks for the advice
    @ I2E You spot on with your advice.
    @ Mafutah
    Hope u keeping well,
    Truth is, all this time my sat supplier told me only KU band sats visible at my location, were PAS7/10, Telstar 12 and a few other very weak signals that I would not be able to find or decode.

A few weeks ago I set up a 90 cm KU band dish, can only cover from 15 Deg W to about 75 Degrees E, due to topography and started searching, my satfinder is no use for the weeker sigs but I have a satlook FSM meter.

The first KU I found were Angolan TV, two ch's of NSS7, and plenty more reasonable quality signals of other sats, I never made a complete list but there were some that I blind scanned that displayed the various ch's as CH*** so I don't even know what sats they were, one had about 70 encrypted ch's

So, I2E is correct, the only way to find out is to experiment.

How's your Earth TV signal doing, still no luck my me.

Regards
    DM500S, FortecStar Alpha, Lifetime Ultra, Lifetime Classic:
    Intelsat 7/10, TelStar 12 and NSS 7

Time spent on Reconnaissance is seldom wasted.

6thsense

Default 90cm and fortec

this forum has been very helpful. am planing to invest in a fortecstar and the 90cm dish. my location is zimbabwe and really wanted to check what i can pick up. i guess u will be seeing more of me around here

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by 6thsense View Post
    this forum has been very helpful. am planing to invest in a fortecstar and the 90cm dish. my location is zimbabwe and really wanted to check what i can pick up. i guess u will be seeing more of me around here

Hi and welcome 6thsense,

Try to buy a stb that is better known, then you can get updates etc without struggling.
    I use three Fortecstars, but ONLY the latest model autorolls on Nagra and Crypto, this is with additional soft loaded.

@ Mafutha Maybe you can advise which stb is best supported/available in Zim

Regards

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Boknaaai View Post
    @ I2E You spot on with your advice.
    So, I2E is correct, the only way to find out is to experiment.

How's your Earth TV signal doing, still no luck my me.

Regards
    I Lost it altogether - no luck there

@Boknaaai thanks for the support man.

Does any one know what the conax keys in some softcams are for.

I guess we will have to wait for Cogil to get broke first for use to start watching MyTv. No I am not wishing you ill my Friend.
    nothing at the moment

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by 6thsense View Post
    Nice my brother Nice to know my fellow Zimbabweans are realises the beuaty of ********

PM me with you location my Friend I am in H-Twon how about you
    nothing at the moment

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi and welcome 6thsense,

Try to buy a stb that is better known, then you can get updates etc without struggling.
    I use three Fortecstars, but ONLY the latest model autorolls on Nagra and Crypto, this is with additional soft loaded.

@ Mafutha Maybe you can advise which stb is best supported/available in Zim

Regards

Yes I agree with Boknaaai it's just that The Fortec Brand is expensive here in zim so you are better of with Wiztech but it is a clone that is only known here I think because no one seems to have our versions here . the Wiz tech is sold only to our region from Dubai. Other 's get the proper wiztech here we get the High School/Under Graduate experimental s

So wiztech my friend
    1. Wiz-220 is strong but no canax and Ngra2 (autoroll)
    2. Wiz-222 is weak but has conax and Ngra2 (autoroll)but you won't need them yet. well untill Cogil gets broke... opps I already said that some where else. I just beleve in you so much you are my hero

Enough with that However You ultimate goal is DREAMBOX

with this baby you are one the the satellites.
    nothing at the moment

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

2. Wiz-222 is weak but has conax and Ngra2 (autoroll)but you won't need them yet. well untill Cogil gets broke... opps I already said that some where else. I just beleve in you so much you are my hero
    @ Mafutah YES, YES, YES You r correct !, I get MyTV on 50 cm with tweaking, how come u so clever ?
    @ Cogil LOL, maybe we are all waiting !

Regards

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@ Mafutah YES, YES, YES You r correct !, I get MyTV on 50 cm with tweaking, how come u so clever ?
    @ Cogil LOL, maybe we are all waiting !

Regards
    thanks to all of you for wishing me bad
    I have a spare card-conax, and will dispense it to you on air, so join card sharing on dreambox soon.
    6thsense - welcome to rdi and join your bro mafutah, he has been lonely and naughty of late
    Boknaai, let you not be fooled to wait for conax AU, the experiment hasnt even started, buy a card and experiments to find you on the way

for the fta receivers, have used all mentioned, nothing beats the arisat600, even arisat1000single Ci - is good for cards, accepts anything. and support is beatiful, and there is an agent in zim.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    Boknaai, let you not be fooled to wait for conax AU, the experiment hasnt even started, buy a card and experiments to find you on the way

for the fta receivers, have used all mentioned, nothing beats the arisat600, even arisat1000single Ci - is good for cards, accepts anything. and support is beatiful, and there is an agent in zim.
    @ cogil
    Hello Sir Cogil, we all hope you are well,

Maybe I will look at going that way, I will have to buy a new receiver then, as the Fortecs don't take smart cards.

I see MyTv specify Strong stb's

Maybe your suggestion of the Arisat is better, I checked with Fedex, there is an additinal import tax to pay 20% on purchase price.
    Can you confirm that MyTv will work on the Arisat?

Regards

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@ cogil
    Hello Sir Cogil, we all hope you are well,

Maybe I will look at going that way, I will have to buy a new receiver then, as the Fortecs don't take smart cards.

I see MyTv specify Strong stb's

Maybe your suggestion of the Arisat is better, I checked with Fedex, there is an additinal import tax to pay 20% on purchase price.
    Can you confirm that MyTv will work on the Arisat?

Regards
    yes am using the same ar1000 on mytv, and on IR2 but single card at a time.
    and for fta ar600. have had this for abt a year with three times software updates from net - well supported

strong uae are the sponsors or owners of mytv, whichever, though programme base is in nigeria, but meant for africa, except sa, i think because of probs with dst..
    visit site: mytvafrica
    Dstv HD PVR

betasat

Thumbs up

Hi guys
    I'm in Cape Town, South Africa and pick up the following:

C-band
    27.5W - Intelsat 907
    24.5W - Intelsat 905 (1 channel)
    22W - NSS 7
    11W - Express 3A (only 2 channels - 1 freq)
    5 W - Atlantic Bird 3
    1 W - Intelsat 10-01
    26 E - Badr C
    57 E - NSS 703
    60E - Intelsat 904
    62E - Intelsat 902
    64E - Intelsat 906
    68.5 E - Pas 7/10
    72 E - Pas 4
    76.5 E - Telstar 10
    78.5 E - Thaicom 5

There are some other sats further west right up to 53W which can be picked up, but my motor cant go that far. Also look out for 91.5E (Measat 3) which was launched last month.
    ABS 1 (75E) also has a strong C-band, but they not using it at the moment except for Madagascar Tv in analog.
    Intelsat 802 (33E) used to run RTB but its now on 24.5W since I802 had problems. This bird also has a Ku band for SA but they not using it.
    ---------------------

Ku Band
    22W - NSS 7 (2 Channels)
    15 W - Telstar 12
    7 E - Eutelsat W3A
    36E - Eutelsat W4 (all encrypted multichoice channels)
    45E - PAS 12
    68.5 E - PAS7/10
    72E - PAS 4 (2 channels)

There are other sats with Ku-band beams for South Africa but htere seems to be no channels at the moment (according to the websites - lyngsat, flysat, satcodx - at least). They include Hellas sat, Eutelsat 10E, 18W etc.

Pity my Ku band aint working at the moment so i cant really play around. It's hard to find someone who knows about these things in SA. My c-band is fine though.

I think most of the Ku band sats on SA are being kept for the anticipated boom in TV here. The regulator is currently considering applications for another PAY tv system to compete with Multichoice. To me, these sats are a real waste. All that's needed is free-to-air broadcasters to setup outside SA or Africa and beam to us. This market is untapped, they'll really give multichoice a run for their money. btw did u guys know Multichoice owns the rights for ****** in Africa. ie. no one else on this continent can use that encryption!

My setup: 3.1m mesh dish with actuator and c/ku band corotor. Manhattan Plaza ST550 receiver.

Thread Information