Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Folder lock for usb flash drive..?

i need a software to lock folders in my usb flash drive so i may take my usb anywhere and no one wud be able to access my data without me...
    Im NoT InSaNe ,U r InSaNe , U r All InSaNe....

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

you can lock them on password for opening,
    if that can help out

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil
    you can lock them on password for opening,
    if that can help out
    yah tht is wht i need...if u have some way then let me know plz... how to put password on my folders in flash drive..?
    Im NoT InSaNe ,U r InSaNe , U r All InSaNe....

Educator Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default USB lock?

if u have the CD driver then u have a program for encryption too...
    Knowledge is power

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

on any OFFICE - WINDOWS documents:

GO:
    Save as - choose drive(flash disk), name to save etc.
    click tools on top- you get lots of saving options with password option at the bottom of page.
    hope thats it.

Educator Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default try this too

go on rapidshare and download FolderLock or some other simular program...
    Knowledge is power

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Pass word options work on desk top & lap tops on various operating platforms, but not on removable flash drives. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Dude
    I have a software for roco brand usb 2. flash drives.
    This software can partition the flash as per your desire & password protect that half, when you plug in a PC you do not see the protected side,but U can see an icon in the system tray where if you click it will ask for password to open the partition. A 1GB disk will pretend to be 500MB if you configure it that way. But you need to keep the unlock programme icon in the unprotected area so that you could open it on any computer.
    PM me with your email id if you need the software!

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dom06
    Pass word options work on desk top & lap tops on various operating platforms, but not on removable flash drives. Please correct me if Im wrong.
    am correcting you, because, removable flash drives are programmed and saved off the laptops and desktops. the option exists on any drive compliant to the usage on the laptop or desktop.
    you can put the pasword option and then save to any drive option that can be identified, flsh disk beeing one of them.
    the partitioning and opening details as you mention is also an option, using different software.
    correct me if wrong.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Coghil,
    Password protecting a file in word or excel is well known but password protecting a folder on a removable drive, Im not sure, if it does exist, please advise the steps in detail & I will highly appreciate it for enlightening me.

Thnk
    Dom06

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: try this too

i hope this answers the question.

Quote Originally Posted by xNowell
    go on rapidshare and download FolderLock or some other simular program...
    Q2. How to password-protect USB Flash Drive?

To password protect USB Flash Drive such that it remains protected even if you move it from one computer to another (portable security), simply go to http://www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/ and download Folder Lock. Then install Folder Lock in any drive you want or let the path be a default one in the 'Program Files' folder.

Once you are done with installation, run the program. Set and confirm a password of your choice. This will allow you to get into the Folder Lock's main functions area.

Now, to protect files on USB Flash Drives, Memory Sticks, Pen Drives or Zip Drives, click 'Browse' and select the option 'Move to portable disk'. Then read the instructions and click the 'Next' button. Now you will be able to select the drive(s) in which you want protection.

Lets say your USB Flash Drive is L: You can select this drive by clicking the check box next to it. After that click the 'Move It' button, this will move the program folder of Folder Lock to your USB Drive (Only about 1.75 MB). Now you can run the program from that drive, by going to L: through Windows Explorer. Then after running Folder Lock from there, enter the correct password, and keep the files/folders in the 'Locker' folder it creates there. Once all files/folders are transfered to the 'Locker' folder, simply switch to Folder Lock program and click 'Lock' button and choose 'Lock'

Locking files by keeping them in the 'Locker' folder makes them portably secure. You can take your removable disks anywhere if you like, once the files are locked inside the 'Locker' on that drive. This will guarantee that you data is safe from being stolen.

Please remember that the only method that we recommend for USB Flash Drives is the 'Move to Portable Disk' option, don't simply use the 'Lock Folders and Drives' option since it will only lock files in your own computer, but if you transfer files in the 'Locker' folder and then lock it, the only way to access your files is with a correct password even if you move the portable drive from one computer to another.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i also have a question to expert.i just download lock my folder software and after installation i lock some my folders and when i unlock them some folder unlock and some remain lock i also unistall this software but no lock even i reinstall my windows but every time i click on my those lock folder it says access is denied.and showing 0byets it properties.i can't delete this folder too is there any soloution to unlock these folders.plz explain.thanx

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks Boknoy,
    I have tried other programmes to lock folders on a removable disk, but did not work.Hope your suggestion works.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks sir boknoy for enlightening us, we are all learning and will appreciate any new things, plus we should take into account that programmes are improved on, and changes occur daily.
    what you downloaded yesterday might not be the same today.
    thanks"dom"- remember we are both a step ahead now

@Babajee - your answer lies somwhere along the lines

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@cogil,

if it does not work, SUE THEM!
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    @cogil,

if it does not work, SUE THEM!
    Experiments? you cannot sue for free software and your on works +(faults) +virus

Thread Information