Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Skygrabber - System Halt :(

Hi friends

I have just configured my setup with Skystar2+progDVB+SkyGrabber with NSS6. I'm getting massive data available for grabbing from NSS6.

But the problem is the System getting hanged/freeze after few minutes of run and after that all gone... No keyboard no mouse ... After that I'm forced to hot boot the system

Any help from members ?
    Technology Makes You Live

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Skygrabber - System Halt :(

Quote Originally Posted by urpradhan
    Hi friends
    I have just configured my setup with Skystar2+progDVB+SkyGrabber with NSS6. I'm getting massive data available for grabbing from NSS6.
    But the problem is the System getting hanged/freeze after few minutes of run and after that all gone... No keyboard no mouse ... After that I'm forced to hot boot the system
    Any help from members ?
    does this happen when you are viewing encrypted channels? maybe your power supply is not enough to run all your peripherals as pc dvb-s cards require quite a lot of juice from the cpu and the electrical power supply (stable PSU, high wattage).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Skygrabber - System Halt :(

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    Hi friends
    Any help from members ?
    does this happen when you are viewing encrypted channels? maybe your power supply is not enough to run all your peripherals as pc dvb-s cards require quite a lot of juice from the cpu and the electrical power supply (stable PSU, high wattage).
    Hi

No, its not encrypted and not a channel.
    Its a DATA stream on NSS6 for Internet.
    I'm able to grab data for few moments and perfectly grabbing data from the satellite. But after few minutes the system freezes NOTE:All my equipmets are connected to my APS UPS.

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

This problem also happen with me and it start from when I start latest crack version of Skygrabber. It is not only from Nss6, with other sats too, Like Eutlsat on 7 E and from LM1.
    Dream Box 800HD, Neotion 3000, SS2,
    12 Feet Motorized Dish 128 E to 3 E

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

yes, i know it is a DATA steam, that is why i asked if this happens also whenever you are viewing encrypted channels.

anyway, as suggested above, the problem might be your skygrabber.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Hi

Hi

Though I ve invested Rs 7000/- INR on my setup with my PC, I'm not able to watch any encrypted channel from NSS6 Even though the FTA channels which are broadcast by DishTV India, I'm not able to watch them But earlier I heard that if I'll punch the channel information/data to STB/PCI card I should be able to watch them. Any solution to this ? Lets say ETV Gujrat is FTA, but DishTV pkg encrypts it and I'm not able to watch that channel.
    Hope to get a solution to this from members.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi there
    exactly the same problem here, grabbing from OPenSky (Eutelsat W 7E) for some time then freeze, then reboot, then reboot again because of saccades in mouse movement, then ok.
    skygrabber version is 2.75, it should be the faulty one here. 2.76 is out but no cracks available around, still searching so no grabbing until new craks came out.
    if you want you can switch to Datasky, i used it on Alice SAT (Astra 19.2E) some time ago, very good and stable (version 0.09 excellent BTW)

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by wij the king
    Hi there
    exactly the same problem here, grabbing from OPenSky (Eutelsat W 7E) for some time then freeze, then reboot, then reboot again because of saccades in mouse movement, then ok.
    skygrabber version is 2.75, it should be the faulty one here. 2.76 is out but no cracks available around, still searching so no grabbing until new craks came out.
    if you want you can switch to Datasky, i used it on Alice SAT (Astra 19.2E) some time ago, very good and stable (version 0.09 excellent BTW)
    Gr8..
    Thank you for the reply.
    Ya, Skygrabbaer 2.7.6 is out Y'Day. Lets wait for the cracked version
    And I'll also ve a try to DataSky ...

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by wij the king
    Hi there
    Gr8..
    Thank you for the reply.
    Ya, Skygrabbaer 2.7.6 is out Y'Day. Lets wait for the cracked version
    And I'll also ve a try to DataSky ...
    Hi again urprahdan

it's just to tell you that i found what the problrm was, in fact the cracked version pripority is set up by default to... REAL TIME
    so when accessing disk to write or delete big files, system hangs
    so basically go to task manager and under "processes" tab, right click on skygrabber task --> Set priority-->normal.
    i did that 5 days ago and till now, i grabbed from Eutelsat W3 for at least 4 hours without nay problem.
    hope it helps, bye.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default SktGrabber

What is the biggest file you have been grab, What is the speed you are getting.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default hi

Hi

I ve tried that option to set the priority of Skygrabber in TaskManager earlier, without knowing the reason as I sw it was eating too much CPU cycles. So set that to below normal ! Atleast its not hanging now, but not completing/finishing any single file download After few time the timeout is occurring and not completing the file download.

So now I'm happy with FileGrabber module with progDVB. It works fine but you can not set the file limit for individual file extension

Thread Information