Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Bad Sectors in Seagate HDD...

im having a seagate Baracuda HDD there are some bad secors in it im trying to fix it with zerofill Quantum but its not working on it its giving error and get exit i've used the zerofill quantum on many drivers including seagate but on this hard drive im unable to use ... plz give me the seagate zerofill to remove bad sectors from my HDD... looking forward to ur reply...
    Im NoT InSaNe ,U r InSaNe , U r All InSaNe....

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

imho, there is no alternative fix for a bad sector. a bad sector means a PHYSICAL damage on the disk. if it is under warranty, have it returned to the shop or store you got it. if not, then you may opt for http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/utils.html and see the utility that suits you.

there are a lot of low level format (zero fill) utilities out there. and since your disk is almost dead anyway, try to play with it http://www.disk-utility.com/hard-dis...el-format.html.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

n00b Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

try HDD regenerator
    http://abstradrome.com/products/hddr...7464/hr151.exe

serial 000017-D5KJKA-N8YPR3-DYX34X-272KJB-JVU5A4-R2Z0WW-YJZE91-BCZEG2-FH83NG

or Name:TEAM ACME ser*al Number: 01B5KT-ZN5D6F-HW62FV-BR3M9W-A94HDC-NWT6U7-1Y56RD-0B2WW2-FUEVD2-PN9NK3

orName : Master XinClub Serial : 000017-D5KJKA-N8YPR3-DYX34X-272KJB-JVU5A4-R2Z0WW-YJZE91-BCZEG2-FH83NG

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi,

In my knowledge, zero Quantum has been replaced by DataEraser. Try search it via google and if you're lucky you can probably find the crack for it.

rbpij

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

HDD regenerator is a good utility too.

but still, if ever you recover your data back, i suggest you migrate to another HDD as that bad sector is a bad omen for your data.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thnx Bok infact i have fixed many drives suffering from Bad sectors this one is not under waranty anymore zerofill is a best utility i am trying to find one zerofill for seagate only ... Hdd regen is a very very slow software i already have its bootable cd but it will take abt 2days to fix my drive ... ur given site is not opening of hdd utilities plz help me to find a zerofill for seagate... thnx in advance..

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

http://www.driverskit.net/drvdisc/get17286.html or google for seagate discwizard and download from the site which is accessible to you.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thanx bok i have just fixed my drive with zerofill it had more than 20 badsectors now its clean like brand new ... it tuk abt 5 hours to complete its formating through zerofill... but i dont know if bad sectors will again appear in my hdd..or wt will be the affect on drive afterwards...

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

bad sectors on a hard disk is bad sectors! the utility only do is marked it as not to be use so one won't lose data. one will only be courting with disaster if bad sectors 10% of the capacity & still use it!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by baba4u
    thanx bok i have just fixed my drive with zerofill it had more than 20 badsectors now its clean like brand new ... it tuk abt 5 hours to complete its formating through zerofill... but i dont know if bad sectors will again appear in my hdd..or wt will be the affect on drive afterwards...
    Send zerofill

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Hi

Hi Friend

Seagate offers 5 years replacement warranty.
    So if any problem occurs simply show ur bill to the sop/ Seagte, they will replace that with a brand new one. I know few who just done that and got new HDD.
    Technology Makes You Live

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Hi

Quote Originally Posted by urpradhan
    Hi Friend

Seagate offers 5 years replacement warranty.
    So if any problem occurs simply show ur bill to the sop/ Seagte, they will replace that with a brand new one. I know few who just done that and got new HDD.
    only 10months waranty dude... not 5

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

actually it's more than 10 months, lol. it's your dealer who does not want to shoulder the cost of sending the drive back to the main supplier, etc. but it should be covered under seagate terms and conditions. the only thing is you have to convince your supplier.

anyway, congratulations on your recovery of the ailing HDD. have your data transferred for backup, and return/replace the HDD as soon as you can since bad sectors are physical errors and it has been marked by zerofill so that no data will be written on it.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information