Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default TV Programes Recording

Hello,
    i want to record or copy TV programes on a CD through computer. How it will be posible, if any one guide me in this regard. I shall be very much thankful.
    Regards

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: TV Programes Recording

Quote Originally Posted by daniel jr
    Hello,
    i want to record or copy TV programes on a CD through computer. How it will be posible, if any one guide me in this regard. I shall be very much thankful.
    Regards
    pci av capturing card or buy tv tuner card with av input, my other friends also gives remarks

n00b Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

u can download ur shows and drama etc if u dont have dvb or tv card and then write it

http://www.info.com.ph/~cyberray/LWPro126.zip

this is full version of limewire u can download ur tv data from it and then write it

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi
    I have a pixelview tv card. Its record the prgrame but creates a too large file ie. in giga bite for a 10 second recording, which is not affordable. i have no solution of this problem actualy. please help
    Redards

az30094

Hello,
    i want to record or copy TV programs on a CD through computer. How it will be posible, if any one guide me in this regard. I shall be very much thankful.
    Regards
    This answer may get lengthy. So read patiently.

First of all, what type of TV programes you want to record. Is it from a TV station, or from a VCR. These programs are in Analog format. Secondly, and more common these days is the satellite TV that is in Digital format. But this gets converted to Analog format in the receiver before it is fed to the TV, as common TVs could receive only Analog signals.

Second step is to get the video signals into your PC. If you want to get Analog TV into your PC, then you need a TV capture card like ATI All-in-Wonder. This card is also needed if you want to get the output of your receiver (I call it a STB) into your PC. If satellite TV is the one you want to record, then I recommend you to go for a Satellite card like Skystar 2.

The reason behind the above logic is that when you get Analog video into PC, it gets converted into Digital format before being stored into the PC, whereas with a satellite card, you the digital signals are directly recorded. Any level of conversion means a degrading of quality. Also, analog recording is a cumbersome procedures and needs a lot of playing around and tweaking and settings. These settings mainly depends on what is the final destination of the video - whether it is VCD, DVD, Internet sharing or for just storing in your PC hard disk. The last option is not a good one as your hard disks gets filled up before you can even imagine about it.

Once you get the video in your PC, then you have to convert it into the final VCD or DVD format. For this, I recommend a program TMPGENC.

Finally use a recording program to record your VCD or DVD. Most of the present day recording programs also does a decent job of converting the video files into appropriate formats.

Hope this helps you in your projects.

Good luck.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello,
    Regards
    Why CD, DVD is much better.
    Thanks for reading my mail.
    JPS-Australia

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Maybe he doesn't have a dvd writer in his PC

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Friend in my opinion the most appropriate opinion for u is that u must use some tv recording (video eidting )software.U might use some video editing software like ULead video studio 10 ,this is easiest to use and have many options from smallest mpg,wmv files size to largest dvd mpg file size.OR u can use Intervideo.WinDVR. a good recording software.
    I also have the pixelview capture card and i use these softwares to record programs from satellite tv through video input and cable programs through cable loop.
    To convert ur tv programs in to cd u must have to buy some Dvd/cd writer.
    Then u also have to install Nero(Cd writing) software.

So u need.
    1.Video recording and editing software
    2.Dvd/Cd writer
    3.Cd/Dvd writing software.
    .................................................. ..........................

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Mr daniel jr just download windvr from download.com and crack file from crack.ms than record ur analoge movie from vcr or somting else and record it as vcd file or mpeg 1 file just enjoy.
    if u want more detail just reply in this post not to my personal inbox i have also pixalview but i enjoy its work with inter vidio windvr 3
    ok
    HUDA HAFIZ and Goodbye

Thread Information