Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Dish Alignment ? help..Pakistan, Faisalabad

Hi everyone..
    I am facing a few problems regarding dish alignment. Can anyone of u give a detailed reply for help
    I have an 8 feet solid dish..a c-band dual polarity LNB, a Ku band LNB, a PC DVB card named Oryx 1000 DVB-S ( I wanted to get a skystar2 but my friend in Dubai got me this one..I did’nt mind much cause its not very costly Rs.2300 only) it comes with a software called DVB S plus..i also got my theater latest cra*ked version but it seems that this one aint compatible with my DVB card…my location is Faisalabad Pakistan..
    Now…I had left this hobby since analog satellite days..at that time it was fairly simple..tune into the frequency of a channel…move ur dish here n there..n get the channel…times have changed now..i have been trying hard for 2 days without any success..i would be highly obliged if someone could answer the following questions.
    1. How do u align a dish to find a satellite I am interested in Panamsat 10, Asia Sat 3S, and Hotbird (8 I think)..lets say PAS 10 at 68.5°E..it means 68.5 degrees from west towards east or something elseand how do u get to know what the height of dish should be
    2. I want to use both C and KU band LNBs on the same dish..can someone tell me how it can be donei picture of ur dish with 2 LNBs would be a great help if anyone can.

Please accept my thanks in advance
    Waqas

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

here have a go at this . . .

http://www.********.com/f2/viewtopic.php?t=82208

Haven't tried it though bu pic look genuine and I am in a total difrent location
    nothing at the moment

az30094

Dear sudai

As you are trying to install the antenna with a PC-DVB card, some things become simple.

First, you need an antenna alignment software that determines the azimuth and elevation for your antenna for a given satellite. I will recommend you the following website that serves this purpose:
    http://www.igp.net/Antenna_Alignment/Index.php

Just input your location, the satellite you want to setup and you get the above values for setting your antenna.

For fine tuning, I recommend you use a program called "Fastsatfinder". You can download from here:
    http://www.dvbskystar.com/download/click.php?id=143

Run this program on your PC with full setup, I mean antenna connected to your PC-DVB card. It gives you the signal strength. Adjust your antenna and lnb to get the maximum strength possible.

Hope this is enough for you to get starting. Rest will follow automatically.

Good luck.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks people...i luvvvvvvvv u all
    Waqas

Thread Information