Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default VERTICAL "OR" HORIZONTAL SIDE DEAD OF LNB'S

nowadays most of lnbs loose their one side.i want to know this one side dead actual reason is it due to the extra voltage supplied by receiver or any other reason?
    please reply

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: VERTICAL "OR" HORIZONTAL SIDE DEAD OF LNB'S

Quote Originally Posted by dhome05
    nowadays most of lnbs loose their one side.i want to know this one side dead actual reason is it due to the extra voltage supplied by receiver or any other reason?
    please reply
    I have lost all my H channelsin ASiasat 3? weird isn't it? Reasenos might be as follow:-

- Faulti Cable
    - Faulti LNB off course ( may be due to water/dirt deposition inside box)
    - Loose connection
    - Set-up in Receiver
    - GOD Knows

Any Suggestion?
    Enjoy while FTA....................

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

its the low quality of manufacture, my new cheap lnbs keep loosing one polarity, but the old expensive ones keep going day in and out

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

As for me , my old LNB is now for 8 yrs and still no problem.Some new brands LNB in my country is not good for long use bcoz. it's releasing Gain (I think ) in 5-6 months after use.For ex: if Freq: is 3704 S/R 4706 , can't get signal with this Frequency.So change the Freq: to 3708 then the signal is fine.All TP must be change to add 4 or 5 n all channels r back.I don't really know why this happen in short time.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

The problem may happen if the dish or the lnb is moved slightly from facing the satellite. You don't need to add or minus 2 or 3 mhz in each transponder. Just adjust the LO frequency in the receiver. It would be easy. In some cases the LO in the LNB may be defective.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear lnb15k, thanks for ur help.But I'm already try this on Lo.Freq to 5154 but some r working but not at all.What's wrong with me and plz. guide me bro.

Thanks.

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I think i have experienced what dhome mentions on 2 ku forte*** lnbs
    when you loose v - you never get anything out of v transpondersbut h works.
    when you loose h - you never get anything h but v works ok.
    thought of rhe receiver, but measured to produce the 14 and 18v respectively. changed lnbs and all was well
    Dstv HD PVR

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Yan naing,

As you have increased each transponder by 4-5Mhz you need to do the same in LO frequency by adding or subtracting it by 4-5Mhz. You only changed it by 1 mhz as your reply suggests. Also don't forget to change the tps back to their original values if are going to change the LO. Change either the LO or the TP and not the both. I want to know the size of the dish you are using. Because for me +/- 2 mhz is the maximum I can offset before I completly loose the satellite.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear lnb15k, I'm using 8 feet mesh dish.I'd been change 3 LNBs for this dish and all the time it occour same problem.My dish has nothing wrong , all adjestment r fix.

Thanks in advance for ur help.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

If the dish nor the lnb hasn't moved then the problem must be with the receiver. I also faced the same problem but for me the dish and some times the lnb moved. So I needed the shift the Mhz. Did you check with any other receivers? Did the problem happend to them also?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

I bought two new c band lnbs in pakistan rwp the both were expensive that other but faulty vertical was not working signal goes to 1 to 80 % every time (Supermax)that lnb was worth 500 rupees i got neosat lnbs and now all is fine.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i have lnb grundig 0.7 from germany.its very old but its great.one day i bought a strong 0.3 but the signal is weaker on this NEW LNB.so,do not trust that cheap lnb's
    DREAMBOX 500S
    STARSAT 550D SUPER
    DISH 140CM PARABOLE
    LNB GRUNDIG

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k
    If the dish nor the lnb hasn't moved then the problem must be with the receiver. I also faced the same problem but for me the dish and some times the lnb moved. So I needed the shift the Mhz. Did you check with any other receivers? Did the problem happend to them also?

Dear M8, I've been checked with other receivers but same result.

Regards.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@Dear emco,

for my experience that in the days of satellite installer some LNB r very good signal for some dishes, but not ok for some dishes.May be it depend on the dish manafucture.May be I can wrong.

Thanks.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Then there is only one thing left. That is the cable. Because as you said there are no other things left. I hope that the transponders would not be changing like that

Thread Information