Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to download messages from PC to Mobile???

Dear All,

I am sory to ask about irrelevant question in this forum ...but i know there are some computer professional in this forum ..and they can solve my problem...My problem is that i have text messsage in my computer ..i want to copy it into my moblie Nokia 6600 so that i can send it as sms to my friends...so is there any software to copy messsages from computer to mobile or any other method...? plz help me in this regard,,

MAJID KHAN
    PESHWAR
    PAKISTAN

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

get nokia suite (you should have the cd when you purchased it) and use that to send messages from your pc, synchronize data, etc. you need to have either an IR port, a bluetooth dongle or data cable inorder to do this.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

az30094

Nokia phones don't come with the CD. You have to download this software from their website. You also need an appropriate connection cable for your model of phone. This you may get easily from your local mobile store.

Forget about IR. Most PCs don't have this facility and add-ons are impossible to find. However, you can try blue tooth.

Good luck.

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

boknoy_ph was right all Nokia phones for int'l & local distribution comes in a box contains CD softwares. it's only the dealers that wants to cut cost that sells its without a CD.
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Nokia phones don't come with the CD. You have to download this software from their website. You also need an appropriate connection cable for your model of phone. This you may get easily from your local mobile store.
    they DO come with nokia data suite CD. you ask for it if you want. however, as khan2ton said, it's cost cutting so they will try to reduce as much accessories as possible, if you don't know what you should be getting.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I got a new Nokia recently in Oct 2006 with the PC suite CD & some features did not work properly on the suite.
    So I downloaded the suite software from their web site, it was their latest version & everything worked fine after that.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

get a USB and use it to connect with your mobile and then you can send messages from PC to your mobile

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by sinbad20
    get a USB and use it to connect with your mobile and then you can send messages from PC to your mobile
    USB what?
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have a Bluetooth ....plz suggest me a software to copy text to mobile to send as a sms... i have Nokia suit for my mobile Nokia 6600 ... but it does nt have any option for message copying or sending ..plz suggest any suitable software to solve my problem and where can i download it...

regards,
    MAJID

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i am pretty sure that it is included on the Nokia Data Suite. after connecting your phone and pc via bluetooth, you can send sms from your pc via your mobile.
    CCcam 2.1.4

bme

Boknoy,
    I think he means to type the message on the pc and send the message to the cell phone. If the way I understood it is correct there is no method in the Nokia siute that can do this.
    One method I can think of is to use IM like yahoo messenger and register the cell number for the IM recepient. That way the message can be sent from the pc using IM to the recepient's cell number.
    Another method is via the Service Provider of the cell phone. Usually on the Provider's website there is a link to be able to send sms via the pc.
    Otherwise if I am wrong here then I don't know of a way to even VIEW SMS MESSAGES on the cell phone using the Nokia suite. Only the files are visible to me but not the sms messages.
    Do you know of a way to do so-I mean view the sms from the pc?

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Use Nokia Text Message Editor included in Nokia PC Suite. Connect your phone to your pc. In Windows Explorer click Nokia Phone Browser then click the tab "Create a New Text Message" to open Nokia Txt Message Editor. Compose your message and click "Send" button. you can also save the message to your pc pr phone.

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

U can send messages from PC to mobile and Vice versa from the BLUE TOOTH or with USB cable (data cable).. ( Only if ur mobile has the option for those)

For using Bluetooth.. Install the software which u get along with the Bluetooth.. there will be software in CD..

after u install the software in ur system, then ON the blue tooth connection in the Nokia mobile. U can find it in Connections .

It is some what easy with Bluetooth...

For connecting with Data cable also u need to install the software then just insert the USB pin into the USB port to the CPU.. and the other end to the Mobile..

Anymore doubts please post .. i will try my best

Junior Member Friend
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: How to download messages from PC to Mobile???

Quote Originally Posted by majidpsh
    Dear All,

I am sory to ask about irrelevant question in this forum ...but i know there are some computer professional in this forum ..and they can solve my problem...My problem is that i have text messsage in my computer ..i want to copy it into my moblie Nokia 6600 so that i can send it as sms to my friends...so is there any software to copy messsages from computer to mobile or any other method...? plz help me in this regard,,

MAJID KHAN
    PESHWAR
    PAKISTAN

You can try REMOTE S60 PROFESSIONAL, you can download that one from Handango... you can try that for a number of days, you can buy it if it suits your need.

you can also try, Remote S60 Lite or Smart Remote for Nokia S60...
    What better place than HERE,
    What better time than NOW!

Thread Information