This program is an MD plugin that grabs the radio program's description when an
MD-compliant application tunes to a radio channel. It then sends an event to
Girder with this information. Girder can then display the info in an OSD.
I've tested this with Bell and Dish under both MyTheatre and ProgDVB. I assume this
will work with any application that supports the MD API.
For some reason, Dish has messed up the PMT data on AUD03 so BSPradio won't work on
that radio channel.
eventname = nowplaying
device = 18
pld1 = title
pld2 = artist
pld3 = CD
none - it just works on its own!
1) Copy BSPradio.dll into the MD plugin directory (MyTheatre/MDPlugins/ or ProgDVB/).
2) If you haven't already done so, install Girder (from www.girder.nl)
3) Put the gireventlib.dll into a directory that's on Window's path (gireventlib.dll can
be found in the Girder's root directory). Personally, I just copied it into the root
of MyTheatre and ProgDVB's directories. I suppose the Windows root directory might
also be a good spot for it.
4) Define the event to Girder. Either load the included BSPradio.gml or create your
5) Start up MyTheatre or ProgDVB and watch the radio program info appear in Girder's OSD.
I believe you have to start MyTheatre or ProgDVB after Girder or it won't work.
BSPradio-1.0 (Dec 31, 2003)
BSPradio-1.1 (Jan 1, 2004)
Added a fix for BSPradio so it will work with v3+ of MyTheatre.
Added a safety net that shuts down the PMT filter after 12K of data has been read.
BSPradio-1.1b (Jan 3, 2004)
Stop sending Girder events if Girder isn't present.
BSPradio-1.1c (Mar 7, 2005)
Handle incorrect PMT pid reported by MT3.08 for Bell GXY stations.