Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default URGENT: Please suggest

Friends, I have a solid 8 feet dish. My dish has fallen down 2-3 times due to hurricane in the past few months. Now its frame is OK but its surface is not even and has bumps. Due to which reception results are not good.

I do have an idea, please suggest if you think its workable. Can I use metallic ('just' in urdu, out of which trunks are made) sheet on top of its surface to get good results?. Any other idea OR pointers. I dont want to spend on new solid dish beacause I'm collecting money for fibre dish and would not like to make a mistake again. I hope fibre dish 's surface dont get bumps so easily.

THANKYOU.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

WHAT IS ACTUALY FIBER DISH.DOES IT CONTAIN SINGLE METAL PIECE.SOME CONTAIN RODS BEHIND.WHICH ONE IS MORE EFFECTIVE FOR BOTH KU AND C BANDS.
    Abdur-Rehman Dawar.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear scorpionz,
    Please use metalice sheet, which should be smooth & free of any curves or depression.
    Use segments like a sliced pie (round sheet cut into 8 or as required).
    Remove one sheet in good condition from the dish & make a duplicate
    & paint the surface with a matt finish paint, any color will do but avoid pure white color.

Hope it helps, as Ive tried it before

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thankyou brother. Can you please specify which metallic sheet you used?. I believe that even fibre dishes are coated with metallic paint which makes the signal reflect more.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionz
    Thankyou brother. Can you please specify which metallic sheet you used?. I believe that even fibre dishes are coated with metallic paint which makes the signal reflect more.
    Actualy I used Tin sheet, similar to milk tin & you you can use something similar, the thickness of the sheet does not matter, if you want it to last longer go for something which is thicker but should also be flexible to take the shape.
    Paint first coat with red oxide to avoid corrosion & then use silver color paint which actually has aluminium powder content, this will be glossy for a few days & later will become dull.
    The dish surface will last for years even in rainy conditions.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Sorry brother couldnt edit the post
    Actually the above works well for C band reception & Im not sure if it is feasable for Ku band..........as I have not tried it.

My new offset dish would loose signals in the mornings at a particular time, although the dish was black it was reflecting sunrays into the K band lnb.
    My building was being painted around that time, so just got some emulsion paint & painted the dish & presto it worked.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks brother for this helpful info. I really appreciate.

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dom06
    Actualy I used Tin sheet, similar to milk tin & you you can use something similar, the thickness of the sheet does not matter, if you want it to last longer go for something which is thicker but should also be flexible to take the shape.
    Paint first coat with red oxide to avoid corrosion & then use silver color paint which actually has aluminium powder content, this will be glossy for a few days & later will become dull.
    Hello dom06,
    When i was painted silver paint to my 8ft chikan mesh dish antenna feed horn cap was melted and i lost one C band lnb. So i changed the dish antenna colour to black colour mat finished paint. The signal quality remains same as earlier. You had any experience like these please share with me. Thank you all the best
    Megahertzpark

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

NEVER use reflective paint on a dish. always use matte. sat signal does not need a reflective paint, only a perfect curve, properly aligned lnb and direct line of sight to the satellite.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kachak
    Quote Originally Posted by dom06
    Hello dom06,
    When i was painted silver paint to my 8ft chikan mesh dish antenna feed horn cap was melted and i lost one C band lnb. So i changed the dish antenna colour to black colour mat finished paint. The signal quality remains same as earlier. You had any experience like these please share with me. Thank you all the best

Dear
    My C band dish was also 8ft as well, & I used an ordinary brand silver paint & thinned it down & then I used roller to paint (& not brush or spray) & I used only one coat of paint. It worked fine after that, this does not enhance signals but prevents rusting. After some months I could see other dishes on my building rusting but not mine.

As Mr Boknoy pointed out use matt finish, avoid white white.
    Most offset dishes are light grey & neither white or black.
    This is from personal experience.

Thread Information