Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default One Dish - two recievers- reply plz

I have only one output in my LNB, I am trying to connect two receivers, used a splitter but it does not work, i don’t get signals when I connect thru splitter, what should I do?

I cannot use dual Lnb option.

Being expert, please let me know easy solution of above situation.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

please note your splitter must have power pass, otherwise there will be no power reaching lnb from receiver, otherwise use dual lnb and run 2 cables. also you cant get 2 polarities off 1 lnb say rcv1=v and rcr2=h, but both can view different channels on same polarity.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Switch of the power on one of the STB's. not main power but remeber that 22k power option when setting your Dish options on the STB. this will work but both the power off decorder will only recieve freq in the range Power on STB is viewing. when it works try switching on the Power off STB. that would make would already Power on prompt no sgilnal for a second or two and wala. if it don't work get rid of the spliter and use the lnb out to feed the other STB.
    nothing at the moment

Platinum member Expert
    21.95° N 97.06° E
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: One Dish - two recievers- reply plz

I'm using 2 way splitter 5 -2400MHz power pass (gain 24db) with one dish on C-Band LNB.Not working at both ploarity, but working on same polarity.As far as I know the best way is to use duel output lnb.Just wait for sir boknoy support , I'm sure he can give u the right way.

" 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default twin output

i used also splitter before , but as yan say this works only on one polarity, you need to use twin output lnb ( as i have now) , but you must make cable to 2e receiver, when can not i think you stuck on the one polarity system, i used splitter before 950-2050mhz, split inside afther my 1st receiver and than went to bedroom, lost also strenght , but worked on
    1 polarity,(it only worked with both receivers on, when i shut down receiver in living , in bedroom not worked !) is up to you what system you can use......
    good luck....

Thread Information