Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Where to buy Twinhan VisionPlus cards in Kuwait?

Hi,,

Where to buy Twinhan VisionPlus cards in Kuwait?

Please if any one know where to buy them, tell me
    cuz i've searched along ebin-khaldon street & beirut street and i had found a bad cards ..

=================================================

* another question: I've tried alot to receive the (Eutelsat W2 16E) and i've received all the following satellites (in yellow) but i coudn't receive it by 1.8m dish

i've heard many guys received it by a 1.8m dish ..
    But i've tried alot and i couldn't
    In receiving .. when i get close to this satellite the signal strength get better bet there is no signal quality ..

I don't know where is the problem , can any one give me any strong freq. and the signal of it..
    or i've to try using a 2.40 m dish ?

thanks ..

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

on ibn khaldoun, you can see a lot of Twinhan cards on sale. price range is 15 to 18kd. what do you mean by bad cards? twinhans are known for bad tuners, btw. if you want, you can get skystar2 pci for around 20kd. the last shop i found that on sale was soft-island (on IRC building) or in front of that building, the gigabyte dealer near the basement (you won't miss the gigabyte sign from the road).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

thank you my friend for your answer ..

but you didn't aswered me for my question about Eutelsat W2 ?

Do you know any info on that ..

today i was on the roof for 2 hours trying to receive Eutelsat W2
    but i coudn't ,, please help me ..

thank alooot

bye

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hi virusx,
    if others are getting it on 1.8m dish you should get it too. 2hours on the roof is still not enough, just make sure the settings on your receiver are correct, plus the signal you are looking for is actually strong and transmitted to your point of vision. that will reduce your time on the roof.
    check or google "lyngsat eutelsat w2" from that check the best beam to your area and set the receiver accordingly, you will succeed.
    good luck
    Dstv HD PVR

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

2 hrs is a waste of time. you can get it on 1.8m dish, u just need to fine tune it. but if u want to save your energy and time, just get somebody from hawally and give 3kd for tuning. that's the easiest way.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear sir boknoy, I want to buy a pc-dvb card and I don't know which one is best between Skystar 2 and Twinhan card.Plz. tell me which one I should use?In my region , I can only get Twinhan but that dealer said to me they can order Skystar 2 from Thailand if I want to use it.Plz. suggest me sir.

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if you want the best possible there is, get skystar1 or nexus-s, costs a premium but performance should be better since they have onboard MPEG decoder, freeing up your cpu cycle. or if your options are limited as you stated, get skystar2 as the price difference is negligible.

in so far as my experience is concerned, i do not find anything wrong with twinhan cards. they worked great on my systems, still works just fine up to now. there have been reports of twinhans being shipped with faulty tuners. well, you can always send it back as long as it is covered in warranty.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    if you want the best possible there is, get skystar1 or nexus-s, costs a premium but performance should be better since they have onboard MPEG decoder, freeing up your cpu cycle. or if your options are limited as you stated, get skystar2 as the price difference is negligible.

in so far as my experience is concerned, i do not find anything wrong with twinhan cards. they worked great on my systems, still works just fine up to now. there have been reports of twinhans being shipped with faulty tuners. well, you can always send it back as long as it is covered in warranty.

Dear Sir boknoy, thank for ur great support and very appreciate knowledge for me sir.Tomorrow I'll buy Twinham card and tell u my result.

Regards.

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing

Dear Sir boknoy, thank for ur great support and very appreciate knowledge for me sir.Tomorrow I'll buy Twinham card and tell u my result.

Regards.
    Good luck with your Twinham
    We have just sent a load back to the supplier dont rate them at all

Skystar2 or USB version are the best around never had 1 faulty unit and never had a un-happy customers with skystar 2 . Quality Product made in Germany. Also i would advise you to wait 5/6 day's when our stock arrive's you might find the price down
    We also have a large range of DVB brands in stock 5/6 day's
    TOP Quality Products

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

thank you experts for your replys ..

I'll buy Skystar2 & i hope i'll find the german version.

And if i wouldn't find Skystar2 i'll buy the Twinhan VisionPlus card ..

thanks again ..

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by VirusX
    thank you experts for your replys ..

I'll buy Skystar2 & i hope i'll find the german version.

And if i wouldn't find Skystar2 i'll buy the Twinhan VisionPlus card ..

thanks again ..
    Make sure you buy the Latest Version Vr2.6d
    Like the one we sell here
    http://www.eldsat.com/catalog/produc...00ff1240aba59b

If you have no money budget the best DVB Cards are Technotrend
    Techontrend are true DVB Cards the highest quality and performance around techontrend products cannot be beaten for quality and performance

We also ship worldwide most Country's via EMS 3/5 days MAX

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

ah.... the smell of money.

go get yourself a skystar2, should not cost you more than 20kd tops. usb version is 40-45kd. i just went yesterday to see if there are available stocks on the computer stores. check out the gigabyte outlet i told you about. and don't even think of getting your pc/sat supplies anywhere else if you plan to send it via EMS/Postal service, you know how it is here in kuwait, don't you? unless you want to spend the extra money for Fedex/dhl/etc... buy locally. at least you can rant and have your money's worth (and back) if the product does not work in your favor.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thank you mr boknoy_ph for your reply

Today I'm going to buy a Skystar2 Tuner ..
    But the only thing that Skystar2 not included is (HDTV not Supported)
    That's all..

hope to be one of your internet friends in Kuwait
    Expert in Computers
    [email protected]

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear sir boknoy , today I bought Twinhan pc-dvb card and I paid it for 52$.Still I'm not test it yet and thank u so much for ur help sir.

Regards.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

ah.... the smell of money.

go get yourself a skystar2, should not cost you more than 20kd tops. usb version is 40-45kd. i just went yesterday to see if there are available stocks on the computer stores. check out the gigabyte outlet i told you about. and don't even think of getting your pc/sat supplies anywhere else if you plan to send it via EMS/Postal service, you know how it is here in kuwait, don't you? unless you want to spend the extra money for Fedex/dhl/etc... buy locally. at least you can rant and have your money's worth (and back) if the product does not work in your favor.
    Its is nice of you to help Members
    But you reallt should support the sponsor's of this FORUM after all the sponsor's do pay RDI to keep this FORUM Alive ?
    If it was not for the sponsor's im sure RDI would not be here they dont do for LOVE but for sponor's to pay ?

Also we can beat any price on the Internet and provide FULL WARRANTY

Thread Information