Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: motorized dish

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default motorized dish

I've bought a second hand 2 year old motorized dish- 1.15m, strong srt V50 control box. However there was a lack of cable for the control thing and it will be available only tomorrow. That's an upgrade from my fixed 0.9m dish, which I will use for my living room tv, the new old dish will go to my ss2 and 19 inch monitor. I just hope it will last me 2 or more years wihout maintenance. If you are interested I bought the dish+strong srtv50 from my neibhour for around 70$ (which is about what the controller is worth alone) and had it installed for 100$ , I'm in europe and it will cover satellites from 0 degrees- 60 degrees (there are buildings that block the other sky). They promise to connect the box on monday with the cable free of charge minus the cable cost. Atm the dish, just like the old one, points torward hotbird. I did notice some slowdown in progdvb opening, also many more 'misfires' when changing channels where they turn black the first 1-2 times. Tune in tomorrow to see how this thrilling tale will turn out.

n00b Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

yuriy 70$ and 100$ very cool am reciving 13+26 on 1 dish cost about 30$ in and am from pak here is only these 2 satlites ok ur in uk u can recive from 5w to 68 easily just set the 26 and try 2 find others i haope u will find some thing focal point should be ok but only bad thing in motorized dish u wait 2 others satlites and in my dish no waiting just like normal

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

am I the only one experiencing great delays when replying to existing topics?

Anyhow, the drama continues. Today I was very anxious to get home and for them to finally set up the control cable, but, as often happens in my civilised country, once you give someone money their incentive to come back to finish anything goes away. Their mobile phone does not respond, and their landline says that they are not affiliated, despite both these numbers being on the same business card. They did call once, to say they had some supply problems and what'sisnot and that they'l "give me a call", that however seems to carry as much power as the same lines said after a booty call. What will happen next? will I finally get the pleasure of watching any european satellite I want? or will I get cheated and end up with nothing but a decorational motor? find out next time on "the dish of the days"

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

lol, great drama unfolding here. the incentive not to return back once you give full payment happens also, but more, on the uncivilised world where i live right now. hope that you get your money's worth though.

and no, you are not alone in having the delays when responding to the topics. sometimes it even gives a debug error and you cannot respond to any topics.

add to that the confirmation code nuisance which i have to enter twice now, grrrrrrrrrrr
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

woke up today with just one goal , that is, apart from reaching nirvana
    and that is to get the motor control cable installed and properly connected. The service people, there were 2, left some business cards, but after calling the many numbers on them I got no answers, and I called a lot, during 2 days. Finally, me and my dad finally decided it was time to confront them- and went were they least expected us- to the address on the business card (actually I'm not sure they weren't expecting us, but whatever, drama is drama). Upon finding the they insisted we buy the cable ourselves, knowing very well we could easily get the wrong one by mistake or simply be cheated into buying some cheap incomplatible one. After some time we did buy it, and are now waiting for them to come and connect it. Will they come? will the matrians invade earth? find out next time on "the dish of the days".

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yess, these people finally made it work. no time for the drama- time for some sat action!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hmmmm...... good thing they did not zap you up to oblivion. i believe they said "we come in peace, earthling" when they knocked on your door?
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information