Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Cband installation Help required.- Urgent

Anyhelp is needed regarding how to adjust the elevation for Prime focus solid 8ft dish........

there is one piston rod.. but i cant understand how to set the elevation etc... not understanding which screws to loosen and move the dish up and down......

Also need help about how to get Pas 7 / 10.. and other cband satellites in South India..

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

first get the easiest satellite. whichever is above india, in bearings of longitute and latitude, then from that, get any other you can receive.
    if you have done the offset dish then prime focus is aprox 20-30 degrees before off set. offset is more difficult than prime.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Friend
    Posts Thanks / Likes

by the way what is prime and offset focus.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

prime has lnb in centre of dish, with deep curve
    offset has the lnb inclined to one side, with very low curve - shallow
    Dstv HD PVR

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Cband installation Help required.- Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by mj786
    Anyhelp is needed regarding how to adjust the elevation for Prime focus solid 8ft dish........

there is one piston rod.. but i cant understand how to set the elevation etc... not understanding which screws to loosen and move the dish up and down......

Also need help about how to get Pas 7 / 10.. and other cband satellites in South India..

Dear mj , sorry for my late and I forget to paste the url.Here u can go and check ur elevation,azimuth , etc from ur area.

http://www.satlex.de/en/azel_calc.html
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello friend,
    Genarally two types in prime focus antenna, First one POLAR MOUNT and second one is FIXED MOUNT. In Polar mount once you set the EL and AZ perfectly it is easy to trace the different satellite by rotating handle .
    But in Fixed mount for every satellite you should change the EL and Az and also feed horn position for some satellite.
    As your question i understood that you are using FIXED MOUNT dish antenna.,In tracking you should loose all then bolts for adjusting Az and EL. Try to concentrate on El angle it is very importent then slightly adjust Az. After you receiving some signal fine tune your dish antenna by slightly adjusting Feed Horn position and Az and El. Better use Dual feed horn with Lnb. In dual Feed horn once you got V or H polarization in center lnb automatically other lnb receives other polarisation ( I am also using 8ft prime focus antenna. For tracing different satellite i didnt tight with any wrinch just tight with the finger. In my area wind load is less. Heavy trees blocks the wind) If dish antenna is in open place every time tight EL and Az adjusting bolt. I hope you understood my method
    I got 5 days leave so i am going to my native place . Have a nice time friends. ALL THE BEST
    Megahertzpark

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello Friends........ I had got the signal for V polarity channels yesterday and saw Islam channel, Islam Tv, Itihad Tv Dm digital channels.

Thanks Yan for Strong TP which u gave me....... that TP first started showing teh signal level up 25% so then I adjusted teh feedhorn by moving it upwards and that was succes.......... but that time I did not got signal for another V polarity TP of 3590 v 26657 .. had to try for some more time to get the signal for that too..... At present I am getting signal level of just 35% and Quality as 40%....... I think it is very less....... what to do to increase the signal.......... and how to receive the H polarity channel........ Do i need to rotate the LNB to H position.......

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi MJ, First I want to ask what's ur lnb type? Single or Duo polarity.I think ur dish is like this pic , as u mention prime focus.Have ur dish has actuator or not?If u rotate ur LNB to H , V signal will decrease.So,I need to know above questions.Can u plz. tell me.

Thanks.

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Master
    Posts Thanks / Likes

mj786!

Hello there, nice to see you got it going with C Band.
    First try to get the the horizontal beam first as it is very strong and it seems that you are right under the hot spot, wich means you can get very strong signal for the horizontal beams.
    Try first the horizontal beam then check for the vertical as the vertical is a little weaker then the horizontal.

Secondly try moving the LNB forward and back, and find the best position for the LNB. Also check the scalar rings, if your dish is shallow and not too deep then move the scalar ring a bit forward to the throat of the LNB, if it is deep than do the opposite.

Third try and get a dual polarity LNB, or a C/KU Dual Polarity would be best since you have a solid dish it will be good for receiving KU band also in the same time.

with a 2.4 m Prime focus dish you should have no problems at all in India getting a strong signal on PAS 7/10, try the above and let us know

Wish you luck!
    O Innocent victims of Cupid,
    Remember this terse little verse
    To let a fool kiss you is stupid,
    To let a kiss fool you is worse.

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing
    Hi MJ, First I want to ask what's ur lnb type? Single or Duo polarity.I think ur dish is like this pic , as u mention prime focus.Have ur dish has actuator or not?If u rotate ur LNB to H , V signal will decrease.So,I need to know above questions.Can u plz. tell me.

Thanks.

yes.. my dish is the same prime focus type dish as you had showed in the pic....... the LNB is single only I think...... it is not LNBF with which we can get both the V and H pol........... but it is just LNB so must have to move to get H pol and thereby loosing V pol.......

rightnow I am getting V pol as my LNB is Vertical position...... I get signal upto 15 to 20% for H position too........but no quality........... So i assume i will have to rotate the LNB and feedhorn to H position in order to receive those channels on H position such as Q tv, Peace Tv etc...

By the way what is actuator........ there is just Scalar ring with can rotate if i move the 3 rods from different parts of dish

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by spartakus
    mj786!

Hello there, nice to see you got it going with C Band.
    First try to get the the horizontal beam first as it is very strong and it seems that you are right under the hot spot, wich means you can get very strong signal for the horizontal beams.
    Try first the horizontal beam then check for the vertical as the vertical is a little weaker then the horizontal.

Secondly try moving the LNB forward and back, and find the best position for the LNB. Also check the scalar rings, if your dish is shallow and not too deep then move the scalar ring a bit forward to the throat of the LNB, if it is deep than do the opposite.

Third try and get a dual polarity LNB, or a C/KU Dual Polarity would be best since you have a solid dish it will be good for receiving KU band also in the same time.

with a 2.4 m Prime focus dish you should have no problems at all in India getting a strong signal on PAS 7/10, try the above and let us know

Wish you luck!

Thanks for such beautiful post of information......... I got V position signal easily than H position........ dont know why..?

Now that I had got the V pol signal can i just rotate the feedhorn to H position and get the H pol signals...... I think there is issue of F/D setting. but I had checked that if i put the feedhorn just 1/4 th of percent below the scalar ring then I am getting the signal..... if i put it below or above that they not getting quality signal...

will i need to check the Elevation again or no need as i am getting signals now......

I will try to rotate the feedhorn and LNB and check H pol signals......

About the Dual LNB i dont know if it is available here........ it will be better if i can atleast get LNBF with which i can get both signals of H and V easily..

Now I have to purchase Diseqc as I have to connect my Dishtv also to the same receiver... Is it easy to put the Diseqc and receive the signals from both the satellites pas 10/7 and Nss6.

About the Dish i think it is deeper dish....... it is some old type of dish.. it is metal dish .. would have posted the picture of it here but not finding how to post........ if u have email id then please give me so that i can send u .......

also Yan Naing please provide me ur email id so that i can send the pic to u also..

Junior Member Master
    Posts Thanks / Likes

mj786!

Yes you need to rotate it to get the H beams, that is if you don't have a dual polarity LNB.

But First before doing that just try to move the dish and elevation just to make sure, and determine the best position for your dish and fix it tight, after that move the LNB forward and then backward and lock on to the best signal you can get, then search for the different polarities.

Also don't forget that deep prime focus dishes have a very narrow beam, so you need to fine tune them ie the azimuth and elevation to the milimeter to get the best result out of them.

If you think your dish might not have the right f/D Ratio and focal length then go to this site
    http://www.satlex.de/en/fdratio.html it has a calculator that helps you determine the right f/D and Focal distance, that should help you determine the right settings for your dish, of course you need to missure the depth of your dish and the diameter.

You mean a Diseqc switch? It shouldn't be a problem connecting both your dishes to one receiver.
    Do you have a Diseqc motor with the NSS6 Dish? if yes it might give you some truble at first connecting the switch with the motor and the two dishes if not then no problem, just make sure you set the options correctly at the receiver ie the 12V Option and 22Khz Tone Option.

best of Luck!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear mj, spartakus is sharp in this and try as his suggestion.U need to check ur Ele: and adjest the focus.For DiseqC it may no problem with this two fix dishes.
    I want to watch ur dish and just check ur PM .

Best wishes.

Junior Member Master
    Posts Thanks / Likes

mj!

Another thing i forgot to mention.
    Make sure 100% that the LNB is facing straight at the very center of dish exactly.
    This is a common issue when seting up C band.

Assuming that you have monuted the scalar rings with the arms of the dish
    One way is to measure the length of the arms and seeing that they are exactely the same size, and that they connect with scalar ring straight.
    Another way is to put a straight iron in the middle of the LNB and see if it goes to the center, if it is not then adjust the LNB so the iron tube is in the center of the dish
    Or you can just eyeball it, ie trial and error style.
    I know C band can be quite bitchy sometimes when seting it up, but once you have it runing there's nothing more rewarding, so don't give up.

ps. you can upload a picture at http://imagevenue.com/ and put the link here so we can see the dish and the results.

Again good luck!

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing
    Dear mj, spartakus is sharp in this and try as his suggestion.U need to check ur Ele: and adjest the focus.For DiseqC it may no problem with this two fix dishes.
    I want to watch ur dish and just check ur PM .

Best wishes.
    Hey Yan......Again i think u forgot to send the PM. U mentioned here to check my PM.. but did not receive any message today.. just 1 which was also sent yesterday only.

Thread Information