Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default periodical firmware update

I noticed that since end of august STARTRACK (for example World In Box I) are updated almost each week.

I wonder if this periodical update is necessary to introduce a set of one week TPS keys (so that means it will be necessary to update receiver very often) and I wonder if there is a way to update directly the list of keys for this receiver.

Thanks

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: periodical firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by OlivierTheBest
    I noticed that since end of august STARTRACK (for example World In Box I) are updated almost each week.

I wonder if this periodical update is necessary to introduce a set of one week TPS keys (so that means it will be necessary to update receiver very often) and I wonder if there is a way to update directly the list of keys for this receiver.

Thanks
    STB's have limited memory space to store huge files of TPS keys. Unless your box has at least 1GB capacity, then the s/w writer would be able to put more than a month of keys.
    Opportunity knocks only once!

Educator Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default just a note

i dont think that a key table (periodical or regular) will still 1GB from reciever memory that is not possible, man. you see bercouse of the MAS one regular key table could take 1 MB space, or as ur sayin' for 30 days prox. 2 to maybe 3 MB most. depends of keys number. and there r very few recievers that can store that much memory needed tables or patch (hex places)
    Knowledge is power

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: just a note

Quote Originally Posted by xNowell
    i dont think that a key table (periodical or regular) will still 1GB from reciever memory that is not possible, man. you see bercouse of the MAS one regular key table could take 1 MB space, or as ur sayin' for 30 days prox. 2 to maybe 3 MB most. depends of keys number. and there r very few recievers that can store that much memory needed tables or patch (hex places)
    Don't quote me wrong coz new models have only 2MB but this contains the main s/w. The remaining space is only adequate for 1 week data of keys as explained to me by an expert from the vendor/supplier. The 1GB I used was hypothetical and it was meant for MORE THAN 1 MONTH that means 2, 3, 4, 12, etc. I am currently using ss2 PCI card with ProgDVB to view TPS ang other encrypted channels. I only add new keys week per week into the same softcam key files but I never delete old one's hoping that the new plugins might work when one the old keys will be repeated.
    Opportunity knocks only once!

Thread Information