Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Completely new, need some help for the SkyStar 2 tv card

Hello everybody. I am completely new on this field. I was searching in the internet for a tv card. And as the best possibility I found skyStar 2. It says that you can open several scrambled tv channels with it. I haven't yet bought this card, but can anybody tell me, after I install the dish and the LNB, how do I install the card, and how can I open any scrambled tv-s? OK, I know I can find the codes in the internet, but there are some satellite packets like Sky or TSP or TSI that change the codes every 5 minutes, and I can't connect to the internet to get those codes. So is there any program that works locally and generates these codes in the right time so I won't have problems in watching these channels?
    I had a terrestrial receiver and I paid for it the monthly fee, but now this packet is not going the give the european championships or champions league, so I desperately need some help on this.
    Thanks for any help

Platinum member Expert
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts Thanks / Likes

first, install your card (there is a usb version of SS2) and the necessary drivers. then install progdvb and the plugins. start with s2emu since you do not wish to connect to the internet always. as far as i know, there are no AU plugins to date that generates keys by itself (specifically TPS). so you may opt to load a softcam.key version that has all the TPS keys for the week. all files including plugins can be found on mach1 download page from the main page of this forum.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for your answer boknoy_ph. Now I have clearer ideas on my mind about what should I do. I will have a look at that thread that you suggested me. However I will install the card in my pc and if I'll have any problems I'll let you know.
    I saw that usb version of the skystar but it's a bit more expensive and I'll get into difficulties to bring it home because in my country they do not sell skystar cards.

Thread Information