Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: LNB Direction

Spider Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default LNB Direction

Please tell me what is the lnb direction for Asia Sat 3S.....

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: LNB Direction

Quote Originally Posted by ta6ish
    check this link... www.igp.net/antenna_alignment and then select your county and other details of satellites etc... and you will konw the direction of satellites and lnb etc....

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Two receivers/One Universal LNB

As Tata Sky offers to have an additional STB for another room. For this do they put a twin output LNB on Dish?

As I am unable to use two receivers with single KU LNB. What I face is, If one receiver is tuned to say a frequency range 12? then other receiver will be able to tune to frequncy with 12? range only, no any other frequncy like 10?/11? will work and vise versa.

Any comments on this?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

from the loop-out of the STB, both receivers can tune to the same Polarity transponders, ie, Horizontal-Horizontal. not possible if one is on Vertical and the other is trying to view Horizontal Polarity freqs.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

probably we could get a standard to set lnbs,
    have noticed that where i set for pas 7 10 68e with v and h will not work for nss7 and atlantic bird on R and L even after adding in the polarator. I still have to fine tune the lnb about 10 degrees clockwise to get the last two sats.
    where do we get the rule of the lnb direction for different sats, including circular polarities.
    have always used the 0 for east and west formular on the c bands, but principle doesnt seem to work for the circular transmissions R and L.
    Any ideas would also help the author on the sat he mentioned.
    Dstv HD PVR

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil
    but principle doesnt seem to work for the circular transmissions R and L.Any ideas would also help the author on the sat he mentioned.
    To get stronger signlas on R and L polarities with a C Band LNB one rectangular strip can be used in the LNB's inlet.that strip supports only R and L polarities specially for russian channels.
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

the problem i have is when changing dish from a non circular sat to a circular polarised one you must also change lnb direction, unlike just fitting in the rectangular strip and it works. i must turn the zero point on the lnb clockwise abt 10-15 degress. otherwise cant get the R and L even with the strip inserted
    Dstv HD PVR

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

The originel question would seem to have got lost in this thread, which is a shame and a disapointment for the original poster

Quote Originally Posted by ta6ish
    Asiasat 3s is located at 105.5 degrees east, regardless of where your located, you will need to consolt a dish positioning program to asatain the asmith [angle] of your dish, try Satcodx.com.

Quote Originally Posted by masood
    To get stronger signlas on R and L polarities with a C Band LNB one rectangular strip can be used in the LNB's inlet.that strip supports only R and L polarities specially for russian channels
    You will agree that adding a Dilectic plate in a linear lnb, with cause quite a loss in db, with a large 3 meter plus dish this might not be so apparant, as it would with a smaller dish

Quote Originally Posted by cogil
    the problem i have is when changing dish from a non circular sat to a circular polarised one you must also change lnb direction, unlike just fitting in the rectangular strip and it works. i must turn the zero point on the lnb clockwise abt 10-15 degress. otherwise cant get the R and L even with the strip inserted
    This is interesting as normaly a Circular polorised LNB, does not need ''optomissing" and the same thing applies if your using a Linear LNB, once the thing has been optomissed for horz // vert, [ on a Linear LNB] that setting should work quite well once the dilectic plate has been inserted, and the settings are then as follows Horz = left, vert = right. I can't see a reason for turning a Linear LNb to facilitate it's operation.
    regards from OZ bassett

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

The supporting rod of the dish may not be dead vertical. Anyway every satellite needs some skewing. So that is the problem the member faces. I also face the same kind of problem as the above member faces.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@bassett
    thanks for your comment, actually in principle whether you change from vertical and horizontal to left and right, there should be no change in lnb optimizing, but practically i have found it a bother to retune the lnb. maybe as lnb 15k says partial loss of direction through the lnb support.
    for the author i foud him to be asking about the lnb direction and not dish direction, so we are not far off the topic though his question seems not yet answered and thats how i thought of my lnb direction problems. thanks M8.

@ lnb 15k
    thanks and as you say it is possible the lnb supporting rods are not dead vertical making a change on linear reception on lnb to dish with change of direction from east to west on dish, cause i have never bothered to scrutinize the dead centre for dish to lnb. but if you have seen that kind of problem, i face it all the time between pas 7,10 and atlantic bird 3, one east the other west, dish is prime focus 6ft solid.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear brother ta6ish,
    AOA.
    If u r using single C band LNB then first fix the lnb in horizontal direction and then turn the lnb anti clock wise about 45 deg angle now lnb not horizontal or not in vertical position. Look like ( \ ) this. In this position u will get all vertical polarity C band channels of Asiasat 3s.
    I hope u will undersatnd my point.
    Thanks and best regards.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

To Cogil,
    I use to point all the sats in your profile with a 12 ft dish with actuator. I do not have problem switching from linear to circular signal: no need to tune the lnb skew which is set permanently on its current position. I just play with the remote of my Drake ESR 700e on my sofa to move the dish.
    The only problem i am facing is loss on linear signal if i insert the full dielectric, loss on circular if not inserted.
    I am applying a midway solution to get the maximum signal both linear a circular: i reduced the thickness of the dielectric to 2 mm iso 4 mm.
    PIV 2.66Ghz RAM 512Mo WinXP Pro Sp1
    Skystar2 - 3.75m KTI- Drake ESR700e - Yuri 15 k C-Band - Sharp 0.6 dB Ku-Band

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Salomon,
    at least you receive the sats i talk of and that will help me quite a bit, as it looks like my problem.
    also thanks for letting me know about reducing the size of the dielectric to let both circular and linear operate without having to remove it.
    will also try on an eight feet dish. thanks M8
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Looking for Drake ESR 700e user manual

Dear Salomon, Would you kindly help me with the user manual for Drake ESR 700e? I just got one second hand for 12 feet mesh dish but don't have the manual. I particularly need the pages for the positioner programming if you can help. You can pm if possible. Thank you very much for anticipated assistance. Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by salomon View Post
    To Cogil,
    I use to point all the sats in your profile with a 12 ft dish with actuator. I do not have problem switching from linear to circular signal: no need to tune the lnb skew which is set permanently on its current position. I just play with the remote of my Drake ESR 700e on my sofa to move the dish.
    The only problem i am facing is loss on linear signal if i insert the full dielectric, loss on circular if not inserted.
    I am applying a midway solution to get the maximum signal both linear a circular: i reduced the thickness of the dielectric to 2 mm iso 4 mm.

Thread Information