Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Dreambox -- Which One ??

I have changed many Receivers and now I would like to go for something that would give me the "comfort & ease" in my life I am thinking of buying a DreamBox -- now there are four models available i.e. 500, 7000, 7020 & 7025. Can anybody guide me which will be the best one for me; considering the following points :

1. Ease of update - I am tired of using my serial cable and updating the software on my Neosat 9800i Receiver. It should be capable of auto-updating, preferably

2. Running Cost - I heard that there are some servers where we can get the current keys auto-updated - some of them are free and some are paid. What do you say about this Of course, the bottom line of everything is to keep the cost low and but that does not also mean that I will compromise on quality; if I have to pay for something that is really worth, then I am ready to do that too

3. Maximum number of English Movie Channels available on this.

I do have an 8 Feet Motorised Dish with both KU and C Band LNB and a DiSeq, of course

I would really appreciate if any expert (there must be hundreds on ********.com) can give me his expert and sincere advise on this selection
    Omar S Chaudhry

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

1. Ease of update: since the operating system is linux, the learning curve if you are initiated to this OS is pretty steep. but once you get the hang of linux, it's kinda easy.

2. you may always opt to join the free servers of course, provided that you have something to share in return. if not, then some groups do accept payments. for listings, see the spider network thread on this forum.

3. depends on the card server group you are connected. common package will be that from hotbird and nilesat. others will carry orbit from arabsat. so many english channels to be availed on astra but it is way out of footprint from pakistan. also look for asian card server groups that might be available for you.

lastly, since you are willing to shell out the bucks, then by all means go for 7025. also have a look at the triple dragon. the same capabilities as dreambox. but the main programmer for dreambox before, Dr. Overflow, is now on triple dragon team. dreambox had a headstart but triple dragon will overtake it after some time.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear friend u need dm 500 is very easy

enjoy with free cardsharing

Dreambox CCcam Server - 7 dishs
    pakistansatellite

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dreambox's are a breed apart from anything else, [except triple dragon]
    They are a learning curve, and do take quite a bit of getting used to, Even the remote can be complecated if your not used to multiply usage.

Don't think for one moment, that you can buy one plug it in, and get a wealth of free stuff,, It dosen't work like that. You will need to do a great deal of reading and reserch before you start to get all that they offer, If in fact you ever reach the end of learning woth them, but you will need to have one connected to a computer a great deal of the time.

And for the record, after 20 odd years in the hobby, from analogue only, viewing, to the advent of digital, I still can't get the hang of them, and have had a couple, and have now given up on them,,,

Dreambox 2 dog nil.
    regards from OZ bassett

Banned
    RDI - Board Banned Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

digimart , try reading here : http://www.********.com/f2/viewtopic....77062&start=15

If you don`t want to spend much money , i recommend Dream 500 (i have a 500 too) . Attention : Dream Multimedia Dreambox 500 , NOT THE CLONE .

Here are the clone : [PLEASE READ]
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en...0_copy_eng.php

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear ALL .......... Thank you so much for your GREAT help & support ....... I purchased DreamBox 500 ...... I again thank to *********, bassett, usmanlahore and boknoy_ph for their support and helping me to decide
    Omar S Chaudhry

Thread Information