Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    MIddle East
    Posts
    127
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default MPEG4 TECHNOLOGY - SEEKS OPINION OF EXPERTS


    Friends,

    What's the difference between Mpeg2 and Mpeg4 transmission system ?
    Mpeg4 is really advanced and how many channels are using this technology to transmit and which all Receivers will support this technology ? Any option to change our current STBs to catch Mpeg4 Channels ? Expecting the replies from our experts.......

    Thanks in advance...
    Love to explore new informations. Share and take.

  2. #2
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Satalite Factory
    Posts
    312
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default Re: MPEG4 TECHNOLOGY - SEEKS OPINION OF EXPERTS

    Quote Originally Posted by secretman73
    Friends,

    What's the difference between Mpeg2 and Mpeg4 transmission system ?
    Mpeg4 is really advanced and how many channels are using this technology to transmit and which all Receivers will support this technology ? Any option to change our current STBs to catch Mpeg4 Channels ? Expecting the replies from our experts.......

    Thanks in advance...
    What is mpeg-4?

    This is a most advanced system for multimedia representation and distribution.

    Features:
    This offers a variety of compression options, including low-bandwidth formats for transmitting to wireless devices as well as high-bandwidth for studio processing.

    MPEG-4 incorporates AAC, which is a high-quality audio encoder. MPEG-4 AAC is widely used as an audio-only format.

    A major feature of MPEG-4 is its ability to identify and deal with separate audio and video objects in the frame, which allows separate elements to be compressed more efficiently and dealt with independently. User-controlled interactive sequences that include audio, video, text, 2D and 3D objects and animations are all part of the MPEG-4 framework.

    Visit www.mpegif.org for more details.

    MPEG-4 system is widely started using for HD TV Nowadays.

    Hope it helps
    ------I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody-----

  3. #3
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    MIddle East
    Posts
    127
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default Re: MPEG4 TECHNOLOGY - SEEKS OPINION OF EXPERTS

    Quote Originally Posted by koovery
    Quote Originally Posted by secretman73
    Friends,

    What's the difference between Mpeg2 and Mpeg4 transmission system ?
    Mpeg4 is really advanced and how many channels are using this technology to transmit and which all Receivers will support this technology ? Any option to change our current STBs to catch Mpeg4 Channels ? Expecting the replies from our experts.......

    Thanks in advance...
    What is mpeg-4?

    This is a most advanced system for multimedia representation and distribution.

    Features:
    This offers a variety of compression options, including low-bandwidth formats for transmitting to wireless devices as well as high-bandwidth for studio processing.

    MPEG-4 incorporates AAC, which is a high-quality audio encoder. MPEG-4 AAC is widely used as an audio-only format.

    A major feature of MPEG-4 is its ability to identify and deal with separate audio and video objects in the frame, which allows separate elements to be compressed more efficiently and dealt with independently. User-controlled interactive sequences that include audio, video, text, 2D and 3D objects and animations are all part of the MPEG-4 framework.

    Visit www.mpegif.org for more details.

    MPEG-4 system is widely started using for HD TV Nowadays.

    Hope it helps
    Thanks mate for this valuable information......Keep your good work..
    Love to explore new informations. Share and take.

  4. #4
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    MIddle East
    Posts
    127
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    One additional question too related to this dear Koovery......To enable this format for us we need to rebuilt our Receivers or the Software has to be made supporting this system ?! I mean software support of Hardware support is required for this ? Any of our current receivers supporting to this system ?
    Love to explore new informations. Share and take.

  5. #5
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Satalite Factory
    Posts
    312
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by secretman73
    One additional question too related to this dear Koovery......To enable this format for us we need to rebuilt our Receivers or the Software has to be made supporting this system ?! I mean software support of Hardware support is required for this ? Any of our current receivers supporting to this system ?
    To support MPEG-4 ,Normal STB's must need a hardware upgrade too.With the existing decoding engines,it is not possible to support this system.

    Hope it helps
    ------I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody-----

  6. #6
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts
    5,711
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by secretman73
    One additional question too related to this dear Koovery......To enable this format for us we need to rebuilt our Receivers or the Software has to be made supporting this system ?! I mean software support of Hardware support is required for this ? Any of our current receivers supporting to this system ?
    too early to jump on this yet as HD roll-out and support is a little bit slow. maybe when HD becomes mainstream in US/UK then we can safely say that it is the right time. but until then, you may purchase all the HDTV compatible hardware you wish for bragging rights, lol.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

  7. #7
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    MIddle East
    Posts
    127
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default


    Thanks a ton Mr. Koovery and Boknoy for your valuable infos.
    Love to explore new informations. Share and take.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Opinion: France 24 - a strange breed
    By first_zipper in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th December 2006, 22:41
  2. Murdoch seeks Polish studios
    By first_zipper in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th August 2006, 16:43
  3. code menu+future+technology
    By geosaleem in forum RDI - English
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th October 2005, 19:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top