Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default KERALA NEWS CHANNEL

Malayala manora starting a news channel Insat 2e 4125-5555-H-3/4. now already getting 3 radio channels. Tune .....
    Tech

baby4u

that is good
    i have tuned it and i also got a music channel on the same frequency
    its anme is kerali music channel

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by baby4u
    that is good
    i have tuned it and i also got a music channel on the same frequency
    its anme is kerali music channel
    MMTV is launching today... but at the moment in this frequency(more than one month it's there ) only 3 Radio channels coming from the same group....So far not found even it's test card...but it's audio is telecasting thru the radio channel..may come on air by today evening....
    Love to explore new informations. Share and take.

baby4u

but i am sure that i watched music channel on the same transponder
    which satellite receiver u have

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by baby4u
    but i am sure that i watched music channel on the same transponder
    which satellite receiver u have
    dear friend,
    are u sure ? its signal quality is more than 80% for me ( Sat. Insat 4A 83/D East )...receiving 3 radio channels at present..no tv channel...my reciever is Mediastar hitech.....
    Is it possible to transmit radio channels in global beam and tv channel in regional beam from same frequency ?

Waiting for experts updates !

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Just i chk only radio channels going onnn.I dont know when the news tv channels comming. To day is the oppening day
    Tech

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

This is what I heard about MMTV.

Mmtv is transmitting in mpeg4 and all other channels r using mpeg2. that is y u people r receiving only the audio in ur receivers. now the receivers r supplied to the cable operators only. the main reason is that they r having regional news, ie, south north and central kerala news. only people in south kerala will see the news frm south, north kerala people will see news frm north and so. they have scheduled time for that regional news.

how they do that is they uplink all three news in different freq, and cable operators in south, north and central dowlink their specific freq. it means that they have currently planned tha channel to be in kerala only. further plans r to b made by them.

Anybody can explain how many channels are using this MPEG4 technology and which all receivers supporting to it ?!

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for your detailed reply. I was also tryig to get Manorama News in that frequency and got only radio channels. i surf Manorma site to find nothing about satellite frequencies. WE have to wait an update from Manaorama side.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi all,
    Please tell me how we can receive the H polarization in Insat2E. I am getting all the Vertical polarization signals. Do we need to change the LNB or with the existing Lnb how is it possible to get it.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mnbl
    Hi all,
    Please tell me how we can receive the H polarization in Insat2E. I am getting all the Vertical polarization signals. Do we need to change the LNB or with the existing Lnb how is it possible to get it.
    Change your LNB with a new one which is having dual polarity.

------I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody-----

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ccchandran
    Just i chk only radio channels going onnn.I dont know when the news tv channels comming. To day is the oppening day
    ------THIS IS ALL ABOUT-----

KERALA ROUNDUP
    Published: Monday, 14 August, 2006, 01:17 PM Doha Time

Manorama to launch TV channel

By Ashraf Padanna

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The television arm of Malayala Manorama, one of India’s biggest and oldest regional language media groups, will go on-air on Thursday with its flagship news channel Manorama News.

Malayala Manorama TV (MMTV) comes up with three channels delivering real-time 3D graphic images for three different regions. One channel will be state-specific while others will have regional flavor.

"We have the technology and resources for reporting live from anywhere in the state and major centers outside. Besides, the unmatchable technology gives us competitive edge over others," MMTV’s Co-ordinating Editor K P Jaideep said.

The launch will be an "in-house" ceremony with the Malayala Manorama Chief Editor KM Mathew lighting a traditional lamp at its office in Kochi at 12 noon on Thursday, the first day of the Malayalam calendar.

Initially, the channel will be promoted by nearly one and a half million copies of Manorama, printed in Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Delhi, Dubai and Bahrain. Jaideep said the channel might not be available in the Gulf immediately since many of service providers there do not have the MPEG4 decoders.
    The MMTV works on MPEG-4 high-definition compression, signal conversion and networking products. Anil George, formerly with the agencies like Maxus and MPG, has joined as Chief Operating Officer while Johnny Lukose has been transferred from the newspaper to the news channel to head the editorial as its News Director.

Manorama is the first newspaper group to enter television market. Its nearest rival Mathrubhoomi is reportedly watching the development closely to decide whether to take the plunge.

Both launched their software production units, Manorama Vision and Mathrubhumi Television, catering to the existing channels a few years back.

Manorama News will be competing with the other news channels Asianet News of the market leader Asianet Communications, Indiavision and People TV of the ruling party-promoted Malayalam Communications which also runs multi-program Kairali TV for the advertising pie of Rs 500mn, according to industry estimates.

The total market of Malayalam channels is estimated to be worth Rs2bn. There are already more than a dozen channels in Malayalam and a new one Bharat TV has started test telecast.

The market is likely to hot up further with the Asianet and Indiavision announcing one more channels.

------I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody-----

Thread Information