Hello everybody,

I have a few questions about this box in order to make up a clear opinion before I decide to by it.
1. Besides the card-sharing could it be used in standing alone mode for the scrambled channels? I mean I don't want to have 20 pakages all over the world but to watch from time to time TPS for instance. Is there any program able to update in real time the keys or to substitute the official thing? After all it's a computer not a simple decoder....
2. If this is right which will be the channels I could watch... TPS was only an example, I had this pakage with my Sunny 7011 before they changed the system... I'm talking about europeean satellites anyway, I'm living in Belgium and we are rather French speaking in the family, but English and German are OK too...
3. Can it control a motorised dish or should I buy a separate controller for it?
4. What about the quality and stability of a program compared to a normal decoder?
5. Between 500s and 7020 is there any difference as standing alone operating system? Coud the lack of memory be supplied by a PC in network? Which should be the PC's requirements?
6. Should a SS2 card be a better choice for this?

Thank you all for giving me a few hints, there are a lot of forums for that but rather for those who are already "in"... I'm a little "out" for the moment...
I'm not trying to cheat anybody, but I think that the culture should not become a question of money or borders... we did that for years and we can see the issue today in the evening news...

Friendly
Paul