Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Need Your support M8's

Hi everybodey. From my nick name, you can know that i am from UAE-Abudhabi and i use to have a reciver and it was hard to me to get its name. it just say metabox in the box when i buy it. I am an Engineer and i use to do everything by my self, thats why i was checking for all the needed softwared to upgrade my box and i have been choked when i found all that kinds of metabox. Anyway i was looking for the same pictures of my reciver in the net and i found that they use to call it :
    besat5300 Emetabox II

Again this was another problem, where almost all the sites doesnt talk about a spicific updates for this kind, they use to talk about besat 5400 or dreambox or or or . i am fed up guyse and need some support. I think that there is some files with other names can work on this one but i am not sure which of them. i went to these links :

and went to many alot. but again when i go to the download section there is nothing called besat5300 or Emetabox II

i found metabox II but not Emetabox II are they the same or what . need some body to explain this to me and provide me with a direct link with also the name of the files i chould download from that link . Do you belive that i bought the reciver before 2 years or more and until now i didnt upgrade it because of this conflict of names.

thanx guyse in advance.

Platinum member Expert
    21.95° N 97.06° E
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear uaeabudhabi77 , check here this website and very best support for metabox and besat.Click Link

" 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts Thanks / Likes

yes, please visit that site and download DS since the latest metadream has a VERY pale tv resolution and the engineers in korea are trying to address the issue. here's how to determine what you exactly have:

NO CI/CAM slot = metabox1 or metabox FTA
    1 CI NO CAM slot = metabox2
    1 CI & 2 CAM slots = metabox3.

almost all of the latest releases of metadream and Dreamsoft are compatible with metabox1/2/3 series.

if you can post to us the results when you press menu/system setup/system information and tell us which hardware and software you have (pressing f1 will even tell you the cpu type and other data if supported by your hardware).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default thanx

thank you very much guyse

Thread Information