Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default asifde ...... Help needed

Hi all

sometime ago ... we talked abt the ways of watching channels thorugh Single Sol LNB + A signle LNB ...... using just one cable ....
    now i have setup the single solultion for my Panamsat 10 ...... ( by subtracting 600 from the H Frequencies ) ..... plus a single lnb for the vertical channels of Thaicom only .....
    i m using 0-12 volt switch ( is it the right switch that i m using ...... ) ..... how should i use it ..........

in my opentel 2000ci receiver i have only options like ....

0/12 volt switch ........... on/off
    Diseq ............ Diseq 1, 2,3,4, Tone Burst A, Tone Burst B

plz if u can tell me the sol for this setup ...............

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

very difficult

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

weso
    well ... let us see.........

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: asifde ...... Help needed

Quote Originally Posted by superia4u
    Hi all

sometime ago ... we talked abt the ways of watching channels thorugh Single Sol LNB + A signle LNB ...... using just one cable ....
    now i have setup the single solultion for my Panamsat 10 ...... ( by subtracting 600 from the H Frequencies ) ..... plus a single lnb for the vertical channels of Thaicom only .....
    i m using 0-12 volt switch ( is it the right switch that i m using ...... ) ..... how should i use it ..........

in my opentel 2000ci receiver i have only options like ....

0/12 volt switch ........... on/off
    Diseq ............ Diseq 1, 2,3,4, Tone Burst A, Tone Burst B

plz if u can tell me the sol for this setup ...............
    Yes i rembember All our discussion about single solution LNB and its good that now you are using the method successfully about which we was discussed.
    Now you want to use 0/ 12 volt switch with your receiver. 0/12 volt switch is use to attach more then 4 LNBs with a receiver with the help of two diseqc switches. You can attatch 8 LNBFs by using 0/12 volt switch with two siseqc switches.
    0/12 volt switch has three pins and a lead same as AV lead. Two pin on which is written 0 volt and 12 volt are for two cables from two diseqc switches. Third pin is to connect 0/12 volt switch to your receiver whith a little piece of cable less then 1 feet. The lead which is attatched whith 0/12 volt switch is to insert into the 0/12 volt pin in the receiver which is available on the back pannel of almost all receivers.
    Now the satellites which you have attatched on the diseqc which you have connected to 0 volt pin select 0 volt option for them in Antenna or satellite setting of your receiver and for other 4 satellites select 12 volt option. and enjoy with 8 satellites just by changing the channels with your remote.
    I hope now you should understand about connecting more then 4 LNBs throuh 0/12 volt switch. If you still have any confusion you can ask.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

well thanks for the answer ....
    i will try this too .......... but is it possible for me at this time that i just have the Panamsat + Thaicom( only H channels) ...... through only one cable .......... by using any other switch ............ like we discussed before .......

I want to have something like that .......

Panamsat + Thaicom ............. Diseq 1
    Hotbird Diseq 2
    Asia Sat 3 Diseq 3
    Nss Diseq 4

thanks in advance for ur answer ........ ( which has made something else clear to me ........ and i will try that too .......... )

thanks very much

bye

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

0/12 volt switch has three pins and a lead same as AV lead. Two pin on which is written 0 volt and 12 volt are for two cables from two diseqc switches. Third pin is to connect 0/12 volt switch to your receiver whith a little piece of cable less then 1 feet. The lead which is attatched whith 0/12 volt switch is to insert into the 0/12 volt pin in the receiver which is available on the back pannel of almost all receivers.
    Now the satellites which you have attatched on the diseqc which you have connected to 0 volt pin select 0 volt option for them in Antenna or satellite setting of your receiver and for other 4 satellites select 12 volt option. and enjoy with 8 satellites just by changing the channels with your remote.
    i did it ..... i have ;
    Panamsat + Thaicom + Hotbird + Insat 2 E ; on 12 V Pin
    (and for time being) Asia Sat -3 only : on 0 V Pin

( i did not connected the Asia Sat-3 to the 0 Volt Pin and just checked 12 v Pin ............. just for checking .......... )

Problem
    the problem is that the signal is distorting ...... i mean the signal is not a constant one ......... the signal breaks all the time ....... so i have no constant picture ........

Note :
    i m using the diseq which is about 50 meter from the place of my receiver i.e, 0-12 v pin

plz help in this regard

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

i did it ..... i have ;
    Panamsat + Thaicom + Hotbird + Insat 2 E ; on 12 V Pin
    (and for time being) Asia Sat -3 only : on 0 V Pin

( i did not connected the Asia Sat-3 to the 0 Volt Pin and just checked 12 v Pin ............. just for checking .......... )

Problem
    the problem is that the signal is distorting ...... i mean the signal is not a constant one ......... the signal breaks all the time ....... so i have no constant picture ........

Note :
    i m using the diseq which is about 50 meter from the place of my receiver i.e, 0-12 v pin

plz help in this regard
    If you are using about 50 meter cable and you are using diseqc switch alongwith 0/12 volt switch then you must should use very good quality cable because by using two switches there are many joints in the cable. So normal cable drops the volt from receiver to LNB. So check your cable.
    One thing you can try before changing the cable, Try by changing the pin of 0/12 volt whitch. I mean use 0 volt pin in place of 12 volt pin to attach your diseqc to 0/12 volt switch.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Try by changing the pin of 0/12 volt whitch. I mean use 0 volt pin in place of 12 volt pin to attach your diseqc to 0/12 volt switch.
    i already tried that ....... but no luck

If you are using about 50 meter cable and you are using diseqc switch alongwith 0/12 volt switch then you must should use very good quality cable because by using two switches there are many joints in the cable. So normal cable drops the volt from receiver to LNB. So check your cable.
    instead of 0-12 V when i connect another connector ( in order to give more joints ) even then the signals were ok............ but i do not know what happened ..........
    plus these days my Hotbird signals are very very weak .......... which tp should i get first in order to make sure that all other tps will be ok then....

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

these days my Hotbird signals are very very weak .......... which tp should i get first in order to make sure that all other tps will be ok then....
    You can use any week frequency for this purpose such as 12303,12380 12577, etc. If you will be able to get any of these frequencies with good signal then you could get almost all Hotbird channels in Pakistan.

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by asifde
    these days my Hotbird signals are very very weak .......... which tp should i get first in order to make sure that all other tps will be ok then....
    You can use any week frequency for this purpose such as 12303,12380 12577, etc. If you will be able to get any of these frequencies with good signal then you could get almost all Hotbird channels in Pakistan.
    focus on 12092,,which is easily accessible over Peshawar
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks asifde and Masood ...........
    one thing else i have noticed is that after using the 0-12 v switch i m getting only Vertical channels now and i m getting no Horizontal channels now ......... i will check may be LNB has got damaged ........

bye

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks asifde and Masood ...........
    one thing else i have noticed is that after using the 0-12 v switch i m getting only Vertical channels now and i m getting no Horizontal channels now ......... i will check may be LNB has got damaged ........

bye
    Your 0/12 switch connection with your reciever is not properly configured
    (there is a +/- polarity in 0/12 switch ,which l doubt is not properly wired)
    lf this polarity is altered then the switch doesn't switch the polarities and work only on one polarity (V or H) of the LNB
    OR
    You've damaged your switch due to reverse/altered polarity during installation ,in this case also the switch work only on one polarity

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

hi
    jaju at this particular moment i m not using any 0-12 v switch .................
    i have a diseq which is about 50 meters away from my receiver and it has Hotbird, Panamsat , Thaicom and Asia Sat-3 on it ..............
    can u give me the single solution tip ...... i mean i have done everything and now i just want to know the configuration of Opentel Receiver for having 2 satellites on 1 Cable ( i.e Panamsat Single Solution LNb and Thaicom-3 Simple Single LNB for either V or H channels) which switch should i use .......

i tried new thing this time ...... but still no luck for me .............. in getting all the channels which i want

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

hi
    jaju at this particular moment i m not using any 0-12 v switch .................
    i have a diseq which is about 50 meters away from my receiver and it has Hotbird, Panamsat , Thaicom and Asia Sat-3 on it ..............
    can u give me the single solution tip ...... i mean i have done everything and now i just want to know the configuration of Opentel Receiver for having 2 satellites on 1 Cable ( i.e Panamsat Single Solution LNb and Thaicom-3 Simple Single LNB for either V or H channels) which switch should i use .......

i tried new thing this time ...... but still no luck for me .............. in getting all the channels which i want
    You were using 0/12 v switch for 5th LNB?now you want to configure two SATs with DiSEqC switch?what is complicacy?

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

You were using 0/12 v switch for 5th LNB?now you want to configure two SATs with DiSEqC switch?what is complicacy?
    first of all Salaams ....... hope u are ok ,satlover ........
    well yes i tried using 0/12 v switch for the 5th LNB but it did not work ....

now there is also another way ... i.e by using Single Solution LNBS in order to get two satellites via just one wire ........... ( i hop u r understanding ) ...................
    i still want to have the 5th LNB without using 0/12 volt switch ...........
    this is what asifde and i talked some time ago .............

take care

Thread Information