Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Sky UK major card change

Some people may have noticed that some channels from the British Sky packages are viewable with CW for quite sometime now. This has to do with a major card change. All old cards will stop at August 31th, leaving only subcribers with a clear view. Allmost every program to MOSC I've seen doesn't do anything with the new card. Gonna be a long dark season from September the 1st or is there still hope?

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

so many channels are disappearing and this will just make more people put their work and experience together to come up with a few solutions, otherwise we lift thumbs up to the software manufacturers, and pay the premiums.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well at least there are companies with major anonymous shareholders (read Sky or Murdoch) in Europe so that it will be possible to onofficially subscribe to these channels without having socalled friends abroad. Leaves us with the question: Why can't we pay by subscriber in stead of by country? I still haven't figured that out.

It would be a strange world for the Americans when they are prohibited to subribe to a Los Angeles based movie network in New York. So why can't we subribe to a movies network from Stockholm in Paris?

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Oomen
    Leaves us with the question: Why can't we pay by subscriber in stead of by country? I still haven't figured that out.

It would be a strange world for the Americans when they are prohibited to subribe to a Los Angeles based movie network in New York. So why can't we subribe to a movies network from Stockholm in Paris?
    It's because those providers do not have the rights to sell or broadcast those programs in other countries.

It's all to do with copywrite and broadcasting issues. LA & NY are in the same country.... Stockholm and Paris arent
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes, LA & NY are in the same country, but in different states. Stockholm and Paris are both in the European Union, but also in diffrent states. In the Europen Union you may move free around between different states, you may import and export as much as you like, but when talking about exporting television signals there seems to be a slight problem: American movie companies do not recognize the European Union and still see the different memberstates as individual countries which will have to pay their own movierights.

When will the EU be recognised by the Americans. Do we have to get one currency in all countries, one constitution or will they never see all EU-memberstates just like there own United (sub)States?

For example as a Dutch citizen I may go live in Spain when I retire and I will get my Dutch pension and social rights from the Netherlands, but I may not watch Dutch television in any legal way cause I live in Spain?

Thread Information