Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default GOOD QUALITY DISH IN ISLAMABAD

hi

if anyone from islamabad can guide me from where to buy a good quality solid dish, preferably 8feet.

please advise the name of shop from where i buy the dish,LNB and if they can visit home to install it aswell by themselves.

thanks
    STB info:
    Humax5400 with ****** FREECAM 2-019, Coship, Manhattan Plaza ST550 PVR with 80GB Maxtor Quickview HDD.
    Dish Info:
    HotBird,NileSat;ArabSat;Panamsat-10,AsiaSat3s
    Subscriptions:
    Showtime,Pehla

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi in islamabad, i saw some shopes in blue area,

i live in rawalpindi n i bought dish from college road, the best brand availble is SABA n Shabir, SABA dish's are mostly used for data, Shabir's quality is also very good and the cost of 8 feet dish is 2500-3000, 2) moving stand will cost u 2500(shabir's), 3) Actuator 24" cost 1200/-, 4) dish controle Pakistan 1000/- and chaina 2700/-, 5) LNB C band: 500/-, Ku band 500/-, 6) Disque switch 250/-, 7) Dual Feed horn 450(shabir's) , normal 50/- coaxel cable 15 feet 150-, 9) moter cable 200/- 15 feet 10) reciver 4000-6000

Installation charges
    moving stand: 2000/-
    static : 1000/-

Shop

Idrees Electronic
    College Road Rawalpindi
    Phone number: 051-5530207

there are other shop in Raja bazar in faisal market, Antena way and few other.
    The wisest mind has something yet to learn.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

thankyou very much for a quick and detailed reply.

i appreciate..........

regards
    STB info:
    Humax5400 with ****** FREECAM 2-019, Coship, Manhattan Plaza ST550 PVR with 80GB Maxtor Quickview HDD.
    Dish Info:
    Subscriptions:
    Showtime,Pehla

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

No problem,

U can install dish by urself, all u need few directions, and proper use of mind, and u can save installation money, besides its really fun, u won't enjoy watching tv as much as u'll do while aligning

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear friend, I want to know about Disque switch... it is four Pin or eight Pin Take care… Bye.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

hi Pisce
    no doubt its fun to install a dish i have been doing it back home, but in pakistan i don't know how to point the dish towards Arabsat, hotbird or Panamsat or Asiasat. so i will get the help of a professional installer.

thanks again
    STB info:
    Dish Info:
    Subscriptions:
    Showtime,Pehla

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for precious info Pisce.I also live in Islamabad but i also purchase dish realted equipment from Rwp college road as rates are very reasonable in Rwp(some shops on college road and some in Imperial Market) . I also bought shabir mesh dish 8 feet about 10 yrs ago in 1996 and it still working fine and i can watch all channels from asiasat to paksat c band easily till the date.So i would prefer to buy shabir dish as pisce advised u its better to buy dish from college road ,two shops are at the end of the Gawalmandi Chowk,i bought power supply last year from 1st shop on right side of the road from gawalmandi side this shop rates are better.There are some shop in Imperial mkt but they are comparitively expensive.So its better to purchase dish products from college road for reasonable price.

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bigboss
    Dear friend, I want to know about Disque switch... it is four Pin or eight Pin Take care… Bye.
    Normally DiSEqC switch has five ports ,,one port from STB to switch and four are used for LNB connection.
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well, its not very difficult to find proper direction in pind islmabad, if can c ther margla hill this is north, and oppsite to it is south where u dish will b pointing on the top of the art , the hight sattlite are Insat 3C where u can find DD National with very strong frequency of c band, facing south there is pas 10/7 about 2 degrees left and towards right is thaicome both has strong frequecey. if u have alligned ur dish properly at these sats then go all the way down towords right and find Asiasat 3S, adject ur elvation there, now ur in the arc can find any sat between asia3s 105 to paksat 38,for c band, now the trick for dual lnb, put ur ku band lnb on right side of c band lnb and u have to adjest elevtaion again, one draw back using dual feed horn is lost of few signles. so try it u'll get everything write

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

In very simple desi way u can adjust ur dish to arabsat by adjusting its face slightly toward Left of Qibla and dish is horizontal to the roof.( i think this may work).Hot bird is located approx in direction of Qibla and slighly horizontal to roof i.e about 100 degree( bend slightly backward).

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yeah they are, infact Eutle 3W lowest sat viewable in pakitan and when dish is pointing towards its on 90 degree, and toward Qibla, but i found that way more difficulte, i found the top of the arc sat method found more convinient. Now after palying with dish alignment for last 2 years. Now i can guss the direction the other way to find the direction is using sun at specific time of the day. SAA(sattlite antina alignment) tool is also very helpful find the direction or at least giving some idea.

I hop guy will try installing dish himself
    there is another problem which i faced first time thats is how to assemble the pieces of parabola , the trick is, there are tiny parrallel hole on all pieces. so when u join pieces the hole come parallel to other, usually 2 holes are near the center and 2 are near the corner to distinguish between the pieces.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Code:
    i live in rawalpindi n i bought dish from college road, the best brand availble is SABA n Shabir, SABA dish's are mostly used for data, Shabir's quality is also very good and the cost of 8 feet dish is 2500-3000, 2) moving stand will cost u 2500(shabir's), 3) Actuator 24" cost 1200/-, 4) dish controle Pakistan 1000/- and chaina 2700/-, 5) LNB C band: 500/-, Ku band 500/-, 6) Disque switch 250/-, 7) Dual Feed horn 450(shabir's) , normal 50/-  coaxel cable 15 feet 150-, 9) moter cable 200/- 15 feet 10) reciver 4000-6000 

Installation charges 
    moving stand: 2000/- 
    static : 1000/-

the cost of 8 feet dish is REAL SHABIR IS 4500 TO 5000 AND (2 NUMBER SHABIR DISH IS 2500 TO 3000 ) moving stand will cost u 2500shabir's ( 2 NUMBER STAND IS 1000 )
    dish controle Pakistan 1000/- and KOREA 2500/-, 5) LNB C band: 450/-, Ku band 400/-, 6) Disque switch 200/- coaxel cable 15 feet 150-, 9) moter cable 200/- 10 feet
    reciver 3000-7000

Installation charges
    moving stand: IS 1500/-
    static : 500 /-

IN FASIL MARKET ( NEAR AMPERIAL MARKET BARAT BAZAR )
    KAMRAN Electronic 5540360, 03335126962
    OK .

College Road IS NOT GOOD ONE TIME I PERCHIS RECEIVER IN Idrees Electronic OWNERS FASIL IS VERY BAD .SO DO NOT BAY ANY PRODEC HIS SHOP OK
    i have tatasky , dish tv , multchoice , all hotbird and many more with my sharing server.
    [email protected]

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by masood
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboss
    Normally DiSEqC switch has five ports ,,one port from STB to switch and four are used for LNB connection.
    Dear Masood, thanks for the information… actually I want to know about Disque switch for 8 LNB’s and also its price… Take care… Bye.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by maliks_1
    [code]
    6) Disque switch 200/- coaxel cable 15 feet 150-, OK .
    Dear friend, I want to know the price of Disque switch for 8 LNB’s Take care… Bye.

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@bigboss
    Asifde may tell you in more detail,,,but may be he couldn't read your post ,,plz start a new thread
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Thread Information