Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Not getting signals for some channels? Dish positioning?

Hi guys,

Just got my dishtv receiver. I connected it and scanned on the frequencies of NSS6.. I am getting most of the channels. But there r a few channels tht i am not getting. I tried manually scanning those frequencies but to no avail. It is then that i noticed that on these certain frequencies my receiver shows that it is not getting any signal..Like ic an see Tensports nut i cannot get any signal for espn

Is it a problem with my dish positioning? I wud ahve thought tht if it wasnt positoned properly i wud get 0 channels. Is it possible tht it is marginally off position and thts why i am getting some and not getting others?

Basically wht is the problem? is it wrong scanning of the receiver or somethign wrong with the dish position.

Cheers

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I would say it's not the signal,it's your card.
    ESPN should be there but will not authorise you to view it "OR"
    Dish TV is having problems uplinking the signal.

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Not getting signals for some channels? Dish positioning?

Quote Originally Posted by tango
    Hi guys,

Just got my dishtv receiver. I connected it and scanned on the frequencies of NSS6.. I am getting most of the channels. But there r a few channels tht i am not getting. I tried manually scanning those frequencies but to no avail. It is then that i noticed that on these certain frequencies my receiver shows that it is not getting any signal..Like ic an see Tensports nut i cannot get any signal for espn

Is it a problem with my dish positioning? I wud ahve thought tht if it wasnt positoned properly i wud get 0 channels. Is it possible tht it is marginally off position and thts why i am getting some and not getting others?

Basically wht is the problem? is it wrong scanning of the receiver or somethign wrong with the dish position.

Cheers
    Just check and let us know on which TP 's you are getting signal and on which TP's you are not gettting signal. Maybe something to do with Polarization too VERTICAL OR HORIZONTAL. Try to reposition the dish again just a little bit upwards. I THINK YOU SHOULD GET SIGNAL TO ESPN CHANNEL EASILY IF YOU ARE GETTING FOR OTHER CHANNELS.
    ok just let us know what channel you are presently getting.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi guys,

Cheers
    Dear,
    Are you presently in India or abroad - if abroad then use the larger dish.
    Regards

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Anver,

I am in Sharjah, UAE..Getting most of the DishTV channels on NSS6 except those on the below frequencies.

11037 H SR 40700 FEC 3/4
    11172 H SR 27500 FEC 3/4
    12535 V SR 40700 FEC 2/3
    12688 V SR 27500 FEC 3/4
    12688 V SR 27500 FEC 3/4

I am receiving the below fine without any problems:
    12595 H SR 40700 FEC
    12595 V SR 40700 FEC 2/3
    12647 H SR 27500 FEC 3/4

Its a strange problem. The channels which i am not getting is becoz there is no signal shown on thsoe frequencies..

Quote Originally Posted by Anver
    Hi guys,

Cheers
    Dear,

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,

what is the dish size?

Use bigger size dish - you should get.
    Regards

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,

what is the dish size?

Use bigger size dish - you should get.
    yep mr. anver is right....
    1 of my friend also was havin da same problem of tensports n espn signal...he is in dxb...whn he try 2 fix da signal 4 espn,tensports thn da other tps signals r gone...so he asked me wht 2 do..i asked him wht is da size of dish ur havin...his was 90cm...so like mr anver i suggested him 2 go 4 a bigger dish..thn he bought a 120cm dish..earlier was 90com..an am sure ur,s is also 90cm...so now his pro is ok...but still a litttle pro with da signal of 10sports...sometimes da channel freezes 4 a sec or2...so i will suggest u 2 go 4 more bigger dish like 140 or 160cm...thn i think ur signal pro will b fine...
    yes mr anver kya bolta tu am i right or not...

i am havin a 90 cm dish which i use 2 change frm hotbird 2 nss6 almost everyweek...i tried 2 change it 2 hotbird 4 worldcup 2006...n i was not getin evn a single signal....4, 5 attempt i was fail...finally i fixed it on nss6....now im planning 2 buy a big dish 4 hotbird..
    but earlier hotbird was very fine with da same size of dish...dunno what,s da pro...
    any suggestion 4 me mr anver....
    frm my side everything is fine
    nufffin is blockin da way of da dish da stand is perfect..lnb is ok...good wire...dish quality is ok...thn wht,s da pro.....now nss6 is workin fine with da same dish .....90cm....
    mr anver....wht could be da pro.....or something 2 d0 with the footprints of da satellite......
    thx
    cheers...

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Anver,

Got the problem solved witha little tinkering around...

I am in Sharjah, UAE..I am using a small dish..

All i did was invert the ploarization on the LNB. For e.g. for 11037 H i set it as 11037 V and voila i had signal strength n i cud see the channels. I belive the reason for this is tht i have a diseq switch on the terrace to which i have hotbird n nss6 connected. The output of tht switch is a wire running down fromt eh terrace to my flat. I thk becoz its coming thru a switch n not by itself there was a problem..so just playing around with it helped..

Thanks a lot for all thsoe who helped and answered..

Cheers

Hi Anver,

I am in Sharjah, UAE..Getting most of the DishTV channels on NSS6 except those on the below frequencies.

11037 H SR 40700 FEC 3/4
    11172 H SR 27500 FEC 3/4
    12535 V SR 40700 FEC 2/3
    12688 V SR 27500 FEC 3/4
    12688 V SR 27500 FEC 3/4

I am receiving the below fine without any problems:
    12595 H SR 40700 FEC
    12595 V SR 40700 FEC 2/3
    12647 H SR 27500 FEC 3/4

Its a strange problem. The channels which i am not getting is becoz there is no signal shown on thsoe frequencies..

Hi guys,

Cheers
    Dear,

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,

Enjoy watching.
    Regards

Thread Information