Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default " Pehla" expert's help required

I had Pehla subscription which is expired, i don't have any intention to renew, now even, i can not watch FTA chanells. is there any possibility to watch FTA chanells using same receiver.

-- Humax IR-ACE SII

Appreciated your's kind help.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

this receiver is programmed by the service provider thats Y they offered it in cheap so that when its services r expired u have to renew.If u program it by ur own self u might get the FTA channels but u wont get pehla package in future and the pehla service ppl might fine u for the programming if u r suppose to return the receiver when contract was signed.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lovebird
    this receiver is programmed by the service provider thats Y they offered it in cheap so that when its services r expired u have to renew.If u program it by ur own self u might get the FTA channels but u wont get pehla package in future and the pehla service ppl might fine u for the programming if u r suppose to return the receiver when contract was signed.
    Thanks, i don't have any contract to return, how i can change Humax software to view FTA chanells, Thanks

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

You can watch FTA Channels without modifying software. Were you able to watch any FTA channels when you had the Pehla subscription. If yes then something is wrong with the software. If no then you have a single polarity LNB i.e. Pehla broadcasts all channels on Horizontal frequency and most of the FTA Channels on Nilesat are on Vertical/Horizontal. The single polarity LNB does not allow you to switch from Horizontal to Vertical as it can only allow either H or V, so try changing the LNB to a Universal LNB this will help you to get the FTA Channels back. Go on the roof and check, the LNB clearly states if it is Universal or allows one polarity

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: " Pehla" expert's help required

Quote Originally Posted by SHY
    I had Pehla subscription which is expired, i don't have any intention to renew, now even, i can not watch FTA chanells. is there any possibility to watch FTA chanells using same receiver.

-- Humax IR-ACE SII

Appreciated your's kind help.
    Dear,

Same thing happen to me before, you don't need to return the Dish or STB it is all yours and you paid for that.
    Did you check the configuration or LNB - Get a Universal LNB
    Regards

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by RM1296
    You can watch FTA Channels without modifying software. Were you able to watch any FTA channels when you had the Pehla subscription. If yes then something is wrong with the software. If no then you have a single polarity LNB i.e. Pehla broadcasts all channels on Horizontal frequency and most of the FTA Channels on Nilesat are on Vertical/Horizontal. The single polarity LNB does not allow you to switch from Horizontal to Vertical as it can only allow either H or V, so try changing the LNB to a Universal LNB this will help you to get the FTA Channels back. Go on the roof and check, the LNB clearly states if it is Universal or allows one polarity
    I'm greatful for your kind attention, When i had Pehla subscription i was able to watch all FTA chanells,I never noticed about Polarity, so if LNB is not universal, then i shall be able to view V polarity chanells,I can confirm the LNB an comeback to u.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

so sorry to hear this, you will be not able to watch fta channel, until u renew yr subscription on same card.
    i have DSD 900Z and when mine subs expired my receiver also locked, even i put my friend card [not mine card] it did not shown fta channel,
    i checked everything softs etc... but NO
    then i renewd my subs and it works all, it doesnt matter POLARITY V / H

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

It is better to return the stb to the pehla dealer or if any one to watch intersting pehla channels.The main problem the stb maintained by the card which has no subscription its not work. the humax service center can do the problem to change the software .
    Tech

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default dear

dear u can watch free chanles on this receiver with out upgrade any software

1st open ur receiver front panel plat

then see on plat near grip wire 2 smal solder points . conect the

booth points with solder gun . now that is ok 100%%%%%%%%%

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

im surprised how misguided some members here are. not only that you are trying to misguide genuine questionners aswell faisalramzan ?

SHY you cant watch the free to air channels now coz the software restricts you from doing so.......... thats how ART, SHOWTIME and PEHLA are programming their receivers now.

regards
    STB info:
    Humax5400 with ****** FREECAM 2-019, Coship, Manhattan Plaza ST550 PVR with 80GB Maxtor Quickview HDD.
    Dish Info:
    HotBird,NileSat;ArabSat;Panamsat-10,AsiaSat3s
    Subscriptions:
    Showtime,Pehla

Thread Information