Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default 2 receiver by One LNB

I want to connect two receivers by using one LNB, I got the prolem when I want to change the channel with different Polarization.

Can any body help me how to configure this problem.

What should I do. Please Masoud and Other members . I need your help

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: 2 receiver by One LNB

Quote Originally Posted by haluissy
    I want to connect two receivers by using one LNB, I got the prolem when I want to change the channel with different Polarization.

Can any body help me how to configure this problem.

What should I do. Please Masoud and Other members . I need your help
    Pal my advice is, be sure that said LNB is two outputs, i guess you will not have difficluties on it & your 2 stuuf will work perfect.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi , elcath

Thank you for Advice but , Is it necessary to have two output LNB ?,

What if I have LNB which have only one Out put, Is there any possibility to resolve the said problem of Polarization.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

not knowing whether ku or c band, please read this too
    www.********.com/f2/viewtopic.php?t=71344
    Dstv HD PVR

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi , elcath

Thank you for Advice but , Is it necessary to have two output LNB ?,

What if I have LNB which have only one Out put, Is there any possibility to resolve the said problem of Polarization.
    if C you can, not on KU though. you risk damaging the lnb, or the tuners of your STBs.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil
    not knowing whether ku or c band, please read this too
    www.********.com/f2/viewtopic.php?t=71344
    sorry for not asking it, I assume that he's using KU

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

sorry Cogil and Others,

I have Both C band and KU band LNB

I dont have any Problem with Ku band LND because I use only one freq. it is only E tv on Pass 10.

My concern is on Cband LNB that I have to use so many Freq, with diffrent polarization and diffrent channels. I was able to cennect both receivers and when I want to see diffrent chaneel from different polarization the proplem start.

Help me please!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

sorry Cogil and Others,

I have Both C band and KU band LNB

I dont have any Problem with Ku band LND because I use only one freq. it is only E tv on Pass 10.

My concern is on Cband LNB that I have to use so many Freq, with diffrent polarization and diffrent channels. I was able to cennect both receivers and when I want to see diffrent chaneel from different polarization the proplem start.

Help me please!
    on that case, i guess one at a time or one lnb each receiver in 1 dish

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi,

I want to see from one LNB and One Dish using both Receivers but at different channels with diffrent polarization

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi,

I want to see from one LNB and One Dish using both Receivers but at different channels with diffrent polarization
    lets wait for the others to comment about this,
    Boknoy any Idea? Mr. Masood any suggection?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

1.Is it possible to use more recievers for single LNB?
    if it is a single LNB dish the LNB must be dual output; This is very easy to Check just look at the bottom of the LNB if it has to coaxial out puts it is dual. You must have two coaxials running into the multi-switch from the LNB and you will hook the Tvs coaxial into the outputs on the multi-switch.

2.Is there a way to split the signal after has it already left the multi-switch?

unfortunately there is no way to split signal.the receiver send a 13 or 18 v signal to the lnb when you change channel to determine transponder set. 13v for odd transponder and 18v for even transponder,so using a spitter on the line will send only one of the 2 voltage to lnb causing lost of channels. you can split output signal from the receiver to 2 tv and use a rf remote or remote extender to change channel,however you will get the same show on both tv.

Hope it helps
    ------I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody-----

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if your lnb is useing a seperate polarizer sorry but its another dish
    but is your useing a universal lnb or such where the lnb its self is doing the switching then its a duel feed lnb with two f feed on it there is no other way m8
    ABA

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Here is some more light on this issue my friends,

1.)The signal coming down from the satellite is up in the the Ghz range (11-21 Ghz), so your tv can't process it. It looks for vhf and uhf (65-800mhz). It has to be "processed" by the receiver first. Besides the fact it is m-peg2 digital and encrypted.
    2.) To get more transponders (each can carry up to 15 channels) out of the frequencies they are allowed, they transmit them in a heilical pattern. Just think of a coil spring stretched out.Some transponders are clockwise some are ccw.
    3.) With a single port LNB you can only have one reciever, otherwise the other receiver would only be able to see the same rotation (CW or CCW) or only half the channels.
    4.) With both services ,dish and direct,if you have a 18" round dish you are looking at one satellite. The rotation is controlled by 13 or 18 volts DC going up the coax.
    With a dual port lnb you can have 2 recievers, each switching their own port.
    5.) With systems having more than 2 recievers you have to have a matrix or multi-switch. The switch makes one port of the lnb CW and the other CCW. The voltage comming up the coax switches the switch instead. You can, with the right type of splitter (DC passive and the correct frequency) split the signal from each port to multiple matrix swithces.

------I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody-----

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by koovery
    Here is some more light on this issue my friends,

1.)The signal coming down from the satellite is up in the the Ghz range (11-21 Ghz), so your tv can't process it. It looks for vhf and uhf (65-800mhz). It has to be "processed" by the receiver first. Besides the fact it is m-peg2 digital and encrypted.
    2.) To get more transponders (each can carry up to 15 channels) out of the frequencies they are allowed, they transmit them in a heilical pattern. Just think of a coil spring stretched out.Some transponders are clockwise some are ccw.
    3.) With a single port LNB you can only have one reciever, otherwise the other receiver would only be able to see the same rotation (CW or CCW) or only half the channels.
    4.) With both services ,dish and direct,if you have a 18" round dish you are looking at one satellite. The rotation is controlled by 13 or 18 volts DC going up the coax.
    With a dual port lnb you can have 2 recievers, each switching their own port.
    5.) With systems having more than 2 recievers you have to have a matrix or multi-switch. The switch makes one port of the lnb CW and the other CCW. The voltage comming up the coax switches the switch instead. You can, with the right type of splitter (DC passive and the correct frequency) split the signal from each port to multiple matrix swithces.

Koovery are you telling DISEQ sw on 5.)? if not pls tell me more how you describe it. I'm interested on this matter.

thnks

:P

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

It is better to change polar lnb you have 13/18 volt,change it an Multi connection LNB like Eurostar or some other and change the freequency.
    Tech

Thread Information