Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Please Guide me how to receive Asiasat 3s, other Satellites

Hello everyone.. I just want all of the people's HELP who visits this thread . I just want to know what equipments do I need to receive satellite signal from Asiasat 3s, 2 , thaicom etc.... In South India. Please let me know in details.. I just know few things as below.

1. dish antenna (minimum size maybe 3 ft or more).
    2. C band LnB, Feedhorn
    3. STB FTA.
    4............ and what more do i need .. please let me know .

I asked cable operator and he tells me that i will need receiver, module and lot more things and will cost more. I am confused because I now have Dishtv DTH and I think I just need the same things except Cband lnb instead of Kuband, Dish size somewhat bigger than what I have from dishtv.. PLEASE ANYONE GUIDE ME IN WATCHING SATELLITE CHANNELS . Thanks.. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN SIMPLE WORDS THE THINGS AND EQUIPMENTS I REQUIRE.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

rg6 cables batteries for your remote control and lots of patience.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Please Guide me how to receive Asiasat 3s, other Satelli

Quote Originally Posted by mj786
    Hello everyone.. I just want all of the people's HELP who visits this thread . I just want to know what equipments do I need to receive satellite signal from Asiasat 3s, 2 , thaicom etc.... In South India. Please let me know in details.. I just know few things as below.

1. dish antenna (minimum size maybe 3 ft or more).
    2. C band LnB, Feedhorn
    3. STB FTA.
    4............ and what more do i need .. please let me know .

I asked cable operator and he tells me that i will need receiver, module and lot more things and will cost more. I am confused because I now have Dishtv DTH and I think I just need the same things except Cband lnb instead of Kuband, Dish size somewhat bigger than what I have from dishtv.. PLEASE ANYONE GUIDE ME IN WATCHING SATELLITE CHANNELS . Thanks.. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN SIMPLE WORDS THE THINGS AND EQUIPMENTS I REQUIRE.

Dear MJ,
    120 CM is more than enough and buy a DISEQ switch and connect with your existing DISHTV STB.
    If you are worrying about the STB then atleast get a PCI DVB card and try, no need to buy the DISH now try with the existing "Dishtv Dish" and once your are Ok with ASIASAT then get a different dish for ASIASAT.
    For testing purpose you don't need to spend much money.

Try - Good Luck.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,

Yes that is a good idea - just reposition the dish and try the ASIASAT.
    Regards

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Anver
    Dear,

Yes that is a good idea - just reposition the dish and try the ASIASAT.

Is it possible to view Asiasat Channels with Dishtv Dish antenna.. is the size of it enough.. I know i will have to change LNB to Cband.. but is the dish size going to be enough.. Please also let me know if we will need any more equipments to complete Cband dish antenna installation.. I just have Dishtv dish, STB of Zenega 1002, cable, Cband LNB (not installed and put on dish antenna yet... and also no Feedhorn).

Please let me know if with Feedhorn all the equipments will be complete or still i need anythign more..

IS ANYONE ABLE TO VIEW ASIASAT CHANNELS WITH DISHTV size DISH ANTENNA and C-band lnb. Please let me know if it is possible.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,

Hope the DISHTV size is 90CM - that is OK but 120 is good.

What is there in ASIASAT 3s (hope it is AS3s) - most of them are chinese and a few Hindi channels - Sahara and ZEE a few of them are now available with DISHTV .

Better sitck with PAS7/10 .
    Regards

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,

What is there in ASIASAT 3s (hope it is AS3s) - most of them are chinese and a few Hindi channels - Sahara and ZEE a few of them are now available with DISHTV .

Ok I want to know about Cband installation and then I will check all the satellites.. Is 90cm enough for Pas7/10... and also thaicom is there..
    I know the bigger the size of dish the better but i just want to know minimum if we can receive the signal atleast..

what about dish size 60cm.. is it possible or not..

BY THE WAY I AM ASKING ABOUT THE EQUIPMENTS REQUIRED.. NO BODY IS ANSWERING DETAILS .. PLEASE PROVIDE THE STEP BY STEP DETAILS OF EQUPMENT.. Thanks..

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

60cm on Cband?
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,

There are many Pakistani channels as well if you are interested
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,

60CM is not at all good for Cband reception.
    Regards

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

As for as equipments are concerned if you are going to watch free to air channels then a FTA receiver which you have now is enough. If are going to watch pay channels then you have to buy the decoders from the respective channel providers. This would cost you many thousands of rupees.

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k
    As for as equipments are concerned if you are going to watch free to air channels then a FTA receiver which you have now is enough. If are going to watch pay channels then you have to buy the decoders from the respective channel providers. This would cost you many thousands of rupees.
    Yes. i just want FTA channels only

.. and masood I am also interested in india, Pakistan and Saudi channels also which are FTA.. But my doubt is with the Dish and STB , Cband lnb, Cable be enough to receive these channels .

But my cable operation is telling me that I will be module, receiver and lot more things ( dont know what receiver he is talking about,, i told him that i have FTA STB.) maybe he is just trying to fool me.. I doubt I need more than what i have with dishtv equipments and cband lnb and large size dish..

Can I try with 60cm dish , if at all i may need to spend more time also, is it possible that i can receive the signal.. or it is just waste of time and energy. please let me know.. IS THERE ANY SATELLITE WHICH HAS GOOD COVERAGE IN SOUTH INDIA .

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

If you are going to watch the FTA channels in your house then modulators are not needed. Your receiver is enough to get FTA channels. For multiple satellite reception, you need a big dish and multiple LNBs connected with a DISEQ. Thats all needed. Just try receiving some powerful C band satellites. I have seen posts about receving C band in a 60cm dish!

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k
    If you are going to watch the FTA channels in your house then modulators are not needed. Your receiver is enough to get FTA channels. For multiple satellite reception, you need a big dish and multiple LNBs connected with a DISEQ. Thats all needed. Just try receiving some powerful C band satellites. I have seen posts about receving C band in a 60cm dish!
    Can you be able to post the link for that posts if possible.. I have Echostar cband lnb..
    Also anyone let me know which side should face the Dish.. and where should the pin face ( which is inside the lnb where it is written do not touch this pin )

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

The pin should face the Feedhorn. The signals from the dish should be allowed to enter the feedhorn and from then into the LNB pin.

Thread Information