Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Please help about C-band LNB details.

Can anyone please help me understanding the C-band lNb... i just purchase one Eurostar C-band lnb.............. but it is completely different to KUband lnb which I got from dishtv...
    this c-band lnb is somewhat rectangle in shape and i am not understanding how to adjust it to the dish.. please if anyone had some pictures about it please post it here.. or else just let me know how to put it..

for kuband there is round lnb.. but what is the rectangle shape one of c-band.. is this useful or not. please help

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default c band lnb

it sounds as if your c band lnb does not have a feedhorn fitted,is it voltage
    controlled polariser? does it have dielectric slab in it for depolarising circular signals?do you have sat meter

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

www.dmsiusa.com/c-band_lnb.htm

look at this if same then you add a feedhorn, or you should have bought an
    LNBF - comes with feedhorn.
    Dstv HD PVR

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

[img][/img]

yes.. i also think i do not have the feedhorn... What should I do now.. how much does the feed horn cost in india.. and Can i put it to ku band feed horn or not.. i think it will not work.. plesae reply

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

DOES ANYONE HAS THE IDEA OF C BAND LNBF AND C BAND LNB IN INDIA .. WHAT IS THE COST OF FEED HORN ALSO IN INDIA.. PLEASE HELP. THANKS

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

am sure there are lots of c band lnbs in india, but yours will also work. do not give up so fast.
    look at this too if it will help:http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/...3444/17278.htm
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default lnb`s

yep,,,,cband lnbf,ku band lnbf,diseq 2 into 1,best setup in my opinion
    make sure cband is 20k or less,and also has small square piece of fiberglass slab fitted at 45 degrees to internal antennas
    i would recommend precision lnbf-v/h 20k,,it works same as single ku band lnb[no 22khz switching],please reply,i`m not sure if i`m working site properly,

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil
    am sure there are lots of c band lnbs in india, but yours will also work. do not give up so fast.
    look at this too if it will help:http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/...3444/17278.htm

Thanks for your encouragement.. but Please let me know how to put this to my Dish antenna without Feed horn.. I think it wont work without feedhorn.... Will the feedhorn which i have now and using Ku band lnb of any use to put this c-band..
    I TOOK THIS C BAND LNB FOR 400RS.. IS THIS RATE CORRECT .. AS I DID NOT GET THE FEED HORN WITH IT.. SO I WANT TO KNOW THE COST OF CBAND LNBF NOW.. PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE ANY DETAILS

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mj786

Thanks for your encouragement.. but Please let me know how to put this to my Dish antenna without Feed horn.. I think it wont work without feedhorn.... Will the feedhorn which i have now and using Ku band lnb of any use to put this c-band..
    I TOOK THIS C BAND LNB FOR 400RS.. IS THIS RATE CORRECT .. AS I DID NOT GET THE FEED HORN WITH IT.. SO I WANT TO KNOW THE COST OF CBAND LNBF NOW.. PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE ANY DETAILS
    is you dish off set, or prime focus and whats the diameter
    Dstv HD PVR

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for your encouragement.. but Please let me know how to put this to my Dish antenna without Feed horn.. I think it wont work without feedhorn.... Will the feedhorn which i have now and using Ku band lnb of any use to put this c-band
    Dear MJ, as far as I know most of C-Band LNBs have description angle on the top to place the LNB. (30-0-30)
    I always put "0" at East or West of my dish Angle (North & South).I saw some solid dishes work fine without Feedhorn.But I don't like without Feedhorn. May be I can wrong...

Hope this will help u anyway.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello mj786,
    For receiving signals there are two types of Feed Horn is used
    1.Linear-V/H
    2Circular-L/R
    1. In linear- super FH is used to fix one lnb (In this type you should turn the feed position to 90' to catch other polarisation) and Dual FH is used to fix two lnbs to catch V/H signals (in this you need not required to turn the FH position)
    To receive circular signals in Linear FH your dish antenna should be large enough to handle the signal other wise you should fix one FIBER GLASS or TEFLON or DIELECTRIC SLAB in to the FH.

The approximate cost of LINEAR FH in BANGALORE is starts from Rs250 onwards it will vary on brands.

2. I dont have any circular feed horn but for receiving circular signal i am using one super feedhorn with inbuilt stepings : That one is our local technology.

For receiving Ku+C on same FH you should use C+Ku combo FH. It is difficult to find circular,combo FH ,C band lnbf and other high end items in our India .I heard that these are easily available in HONG KONG market i dont know properly.MAY OUR RDI FRIENDS HELP YOU SOON
    Megahertzpark

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

The LNB rate is correct. As said in the one of the posts here the feed horn would cost around Rs.250. You can easily buy a feedhorn from the shop you bought the LNB. You should also buy the scaler ring and the teflon slab also. Scaler ring would come as part with the feedhorn. Good luck. What is the size of your dish?

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello friends,
    I want share some points with you ; the feed horn position varies for some satellites in FIXED MOUNT dish antenna when you focus to the other satellite .
    FH position remains almost same in POLAR MOUNT dish antenna.
    Better purchase LOW NOISE FIGURE LNB because lesser the noise signal handling capacity is more.

Please note that LNB and LNBF are different, But function is same. In LNB you require FEED HORN and in LNBF you need not required FEED HORN. In LNBF lnb already inbuilt with feed horn.

One simple method to test C band lnb is ; if you have analog receiver with inbuilt decible meter ,connect the lnb through RG-6 cable to receiver, switch on the receiver and face the lnb probe to small flurocent lamp (it is in emergency torch) , switch on the flurocent lamp and watch the decible meter - if decible meter ossilates a little (small moment) than that lnb is fine another wise lnb is weak.
    Megahertzpark

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing

Thanks for your encouragement.. but Please let me know how to put this to my Dish antenna without Feed horn.. I think it wont work without feedhorn.... Will the feedhorn which i have now and using Ku band lnb of any use to put this c-band
    Dear MJ, as far as I know most of C-Band LNBs have description angle on the top to place the LNB. (30-0-30)
    I always put "0" at East or West of my dish Angle (North & South).I saw some solid dishes work fine without Feedhorn.But I don't like without Feedhorn. May be I can wrong...

Hope this will help u anyway.
    Ok thanks for everyone who posted their replies.. but what is the "0" at East or West.. how do you put that.. .. so it is possible to get without feedhorn also... How should we fix it.. does anyone has the image picture or it..

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Take at least a week on this site, for it is reading and doing, after that come up with more difficult questions which will come out of your set up.
    am sure you'll get answers.
    http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tun...l#anchor797917
    Dstv HD PVR

Thread Information