Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to tune/setup a Digital Satellite Receiver

Hi guys,

I am currently in Sharjah, UAE.

I have installed 2 dishes and receive Hotbird and NSS6.
    Due to certain voltage fluctations the memoy on my receiver keeps getting wiped out. I thus have to approach the local dish operators who charge me a hefty fee just for a 10-15 minute job of tuning it. Sometimes they intentionally dont tune some channles thereby starting the viscious cycle of me having to call them again n pay them. I am now totally fed up of this.

Even though the voltage fluctuation problem has been fixed, i don want to eb at the mercy of these operators. Could any of u guys point me to some web site or give me some links where i cna elarn the basics of tuning the reciver, learning how to add/delete/modify a channel/satellite, learn abt transponders and which satellites i can receive in Sharjah etc.

I have a simple receviev and can currently view ESPN Intl, Spice,etc. earlier i cud watch BBC Prime but not anymore..

Any help would be highly appreciated

Cheers

Târnacopist Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Can you be more specific? What's the name/model of your receiver? You are looking at FTA chanells only? I suppose not, Spice is coded but anyhow, please give us more details.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to tune/setup a Digital Satellite Receiver

Hi Satwein,

Receiver name is DigiSat. Its probably an old outdated cheap model. But it works. I can see Spice Platinum.. Its got a facility to manually enter keys into it. I am looking to receviving FTA + open any pay channels

I have put dishes for hotbirs, nss6,nilesat
    More priority si to learn how toa dd channels, satellites,transponders etc and learn what these numbers like frequency etc mean..

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SatWien
    Can you be more specific? What's the name/model of your receiver? You are looking at FTA chanells only? I suppose not, Spice is coded but anyhow, please give us more details.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Since you have 3 dishes do you know if your installation technician hass installed a Diseqc switch 4x1 most likely he must have done so on the roof. You also need to know which dish is on which port of the diseqc i.e. 1 maybe Nilesat, 2 must be hotbird and so on. You can check in the menu of the receiver in the search setup to tell you how the installtion is done or else it is difficult. Also take some pictures and post it here so that we know how is the menu look like to help you further to scan all transponders of a particular satellite. Also try with network search on when searching it will search all transponders on the particular satellite once you start scanning.

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello friend,
    Just follow the receiver manual so you can get some idea.But every receiver has its own identity in displaying menu section . Please find manual tuning section, in that section you can add differencce freq., but careful in DiSEqC position because you are using more than than one antenna and check the LO freq., All the best.
    Megahertzpark

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,

First of all make sure from the DISEQC switch which cable related to Hotbird and which one for NSS,, also make a note the size of the Dish(I prefer 120 CM Dish for NSS6).
    Now go to your receiver(You may need to check the manual for tuning)(every receiver have their own menu but the funtions are same), once you are ready to tune the channels - I prefer you make a print out of those satellite (Hotbird and NSS) channels list, and also you can manually tune those channels. For channel list go here

http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html
    http://www.lyngsat.com/nss6.html
    Regards

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

my receiver is Digitallworld SFT 190M.before i upgraded to the latest software, i still can view ESP Int, Spice Platinum.

after i upgraded i cannot view the 2 channels. with ESP Int there is audio but no video. for spice platinum totally black.

i know basic adjustments. i tried to re-scan and input the keys for viaccess but it does not retain, i notice that the format to feed the keys was a little bit changed.

please help as i am fun of watching sports telecast in ESP.

thankyou
    never give the devil a ride - he will always want to drive

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: How to tune/setup a Digital Satellite Receiver

Quote Originally Posted by tango
    Hi guys,

I am currently in Sharjah, UAE.

I have installed 2 dishes and receive Hotbird and NSS6.
    Due to certain voltage fluctations the memoy on my receiver keeps getting wiped out. I thus have to approach the local dish operators who charge me a hefty fee just for a 10-15 minute job of tuning it. Sometimes they intentionally dont tune some channles thereby starting the viscious cycle of me having to call them again n pay them. I am now totally fed up of this.

Even though the voltage fluctuation problem has been fixed, i don want to eb at the mercy of these operators. Could any of u guys point me to some web site or give me some links where i cna elarn the basics of tuning the reciver, learning how to add/delete/modify a channel/satellite, learn abt transponders and which satellites i can receive in Sharjah etc.

I have a simple receviev and can currently view ESPN Intl, Spice,etc. earlier i cud watch BBC Prime but not anymore..

Any help would be highly appreciated

Cheers
    am sure you have missed this one: www.********.com/f2/viewtopic.php?t=70525
    Dstv HD PVR

Thread Information