Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Angelbox and UBC

Hi Everyone,

Need some help. I have an Angelbox receiver, but unable to view UBC as other says they can. Would appreciate anyone who could email info on how I can get software to install on my receiver. Thank you

Greg

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Angelbox and UBC

Quote Originally Posted by thaigreg
    Hi Everyone,

Need some help. I have an Angelbox receiver, but unable to view UBC as other says they can. Would appreciate anyone who could email info on how I can get software to install on my receiver. Thank you

Greg
    Angel boxes are dead..... time to change to a more reliable unit like EBOX
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

NOT IN THAILAND DEAR FRIEND !
    WE HAVE THE VISION NET 8000 HERE AND RECEIVE ASTRO AND UBC WHICH THE LOCAL E-BOX DOES NOT GET !!!!!!!!!!!!

IN ADDITION IF WE CHANGE THE COUNTRY CODE WITH THE CLICK OF A SWITCH , WE CAN GET THE MIDDLE EAST SERVER AND THE EUROPEAN SERVER BOTH OF WHICH HAVE NUMEROUS BOUQUETS IN THEIR AREA.
    [IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING YOU HAVE TO BE IN THOSE AREAS !!]

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND
    NOT IN THAILAND DEAR FRIEND !
    WE HAVE THE VISION NET 8000 HERE AND RECEIVE ASTRO AND UBC WHICH THE LOCAL E-BOX DOES NOT GET

IN ADDITION IF WE CHANGE THE COUNTRY CODE WITH THE CLICK OF A SWITCH , WE CAN GET THE MIDDLE EAST SERVER AND THE EUROPEAN SERVER BOTH OF WHICH HAVE NUMEROUS BOUQUETS IN THEIR AREA.
    [IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING YOU HAVE TO BE IN THOSE AREAS ]
    Eboxes have UBC and Astro... if you contact the right people. The visionet boxes were off also for sometime this month.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

THANKS FOR THAT.
    JSAT ONE OF THE TWO DEALERS ADVERTISING THE EBOX WOULD NOT GIVE YOU THE UBC SOFTWARE EVEN WERE YOU TO GIVE HIM A MILLION DOLLARS !!
    IF INDEED UBC WAS AVAILABLE HERE, AS FOR THE THAI DEALER, I AM SURE HIS HAND COULD BE GREASED WITH THE RIGHT AMOUNT AND ...AND THIS IS IMPORTANT ...YOU KNEW THE RIGHT WAY OF GOING ABOUT IT. THE 64000 DOLLAR QUSTION IS ..IS IT AVAILABLE HERE.?

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

THANKS FOR THAT.
    JSAT ONE OF THE TWO DEALERS ADVERTISING THE EBOX WOULD NOT GIVE YOU THE UBC SOFTWARE EVEN WERE YOU TO GIVE HIM A MILLION DOLLARS
    IF INDEED UBC WAS AVAILABLE HERE, AS FOR THE THAI DEALER, I AM SURE HIS HAND COULD BE GREASED WITH THE RIGHT AMOUNT AND ...AND THIS IS IMPORTANT ...YOU KNEW THE RIGHT WAY OF GOING ABOUT IT. THE 64000 DOLLAR QUSTION IS ..IS IT AVAILABLE HERE.?
    Do you think somebody in Thailand needs to run the risk of running UBC in their server. If a user in Thailand gets caught using UBC with CS then it's a nice trip to jail for a couple of years.

Yes it is available on the Ebox but it's not free.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

YOU MIGHT WELL BE RIGHT BUT WHAT I CAN SAY IS THAT NO 'USER' HAS YET BEEN PROSECUTED NOR ANY ATTEMPT MADE TO CATCH ANYONE.HERE
    SINCE ONLY A HANDFUL OF DEALERS ARE INVOLVED YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD GO AFTER THEM.... BUT THEY ARE FLOURISHING AS NEVER BEFORE HERE !
    NOT SURE OF THE LAW HERE, BUT DO KNOW THE LAW IN THE UK AND EU AND THAT IS THAT THE USER CAN TUNE TO ANY CHANNEL [OTHER THAN THE MILITARY] ANY WAY HE CAN AND WATCH WHATEVER HE LIKES IN HIS HOME WITH TOTAL IMPUNITY.
    THE LAW IN UK AND EU IS DIRECTLED SOLELY AGAINST THOSE INVOLVED IN COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY. IT IS SO STRICT THAT INFORMATION AND ADVICE IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO OBTAIN FROM A DEALER . IT IS AN OFFENCE FOR A DEALER TO EVEN TALK ABOUT HACKING OR CS.
    FREEDOM OF SPEECH IN THIS REGARD HAS TOTALLY DISAPPEARED IN THE EU.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

YOU MIGHT WELL BE RIGHT BUT WHAT I CAN SAY IS THAT NO 'USER' HAS YET BEEN PROSECUTED NOR ANY ATTEMPT MADE TO CATCH ANYONE.HERE .
    Well with all the pages here being read by all concerned dont think it wont happen. If you're in Thailand why dont you check out the laws.

Why do you think people wont offer UBC there with CS or Angelboxes, which again for the thrid or fourth timne are not working

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

REMEMBER THE MAD MAX CASE A FEW YEARS AGO ? YES HE WAS CONVICTED AND IMPRISONED . WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?
    THE ****** MINDPORT PEOPLE . IT SEEMS THEY LED THE CASE , PAID FOR THE PROSECUTION AND ARREST ....EVEN THE COST OF FOOD IN THE JAIL.
    IT WOULD APPEAR THAT THE INJURED PARTY HAS TO INITIATE PROCEEDINGS HERE AND SEEK A REMEDY FOR ANY LOSS, PAYING ALL COSTS INVOLVED.
    THE RESULT OF THIS WOULD BE THAT MINOR INFRINGEMENTS ARE IGNORED BUT SINCE IT WAS CLAIIMED THAT MAD MAX WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE WAS ABOUT TO DESTROY ****** THEY FELT THEY HAD NO ALTERNATIVE BUT TAKE FIRM ACTION, WHATEVER THE COST.

Thread Information