Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abox Vs. Ebox

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Abox Vs. Ebox

Hi guys,
    I have been looking into Abox and Ebox. They bought look similar except that Ebox relies on a always on internet connection. So in which other ways is ebox more superior over abox and vice versa?

And some post on forums seems to suggest that AngelBox (Dynasat) is similiar to Abox. So I am curious to how similar they are and how different they are. Conceptually they are the same, but in terms of electronics and features and software, what we be the differences? I need to decide on the two and this forum would help me make the best bet. Although I do have an ADSL connection, it's hihgly retrictive. Hence I have a few more queries regarding the ebox, hope you guys would be able to entlighten me:

Ebox.
    Like Ko Yan Naing have asked, does it require the internet to be on all the time? That is to say should the internet be on during the time we are watching on the ebox? Next is a proxy and port issue. Does it work behind a NAT and Proxy? And for ports, we can not do anything other than port 80 and 443. If ebox relies on other ports, it's not going to be easy for us here in Yangon.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Abox Vs. Ebox

Dear M8, the best way is to request from Sir Irdeto2engineer side about Ebox.And also check Ebox on his own website Click here.Pls. also wait suggestion from other experts..

Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Ebox

hi mmcaps

I'm by no means an expert on these boxes but I have recently bought an Angelbox (about 3 months ago)
    If I had the choice now, I'd probably go for the Ebox.
    No hassle with two dishes.
    You'd only have to have the box connected to the internet while you're watching tv (for the keys)
    And this Ebox is great if you're into recording aswell by switching automaticly to a desired channel via timer.

Regards weirdo

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default re

well i am a expert on all these boxe's take my advise cos its the best youll ever get and all the testing's that i have done over a long period

none of the boxe's you mention are any good there all crap if you want to watch un-stable tv where it goes on and off then go ahead and buy

Angel Box and Mydream i dont use anymore for my own personal use they just freak me out cant stand watching a program and it goe's off

e-box seem's to be more stable at the moment and i say thats only cos they have not sold enough box's for the server to crash ,I say most of these problems are down to too many user's on the server .Or to put it more clear they people behind these so called box have not used the right servers or not enough servers to handle there sales of boxe's ...

Me personally and all my Customers have the above and visionet 8000s .
    All my Customers say they use there visionet 8000s more than the other boxe'x its more stable and for support files there everywhere on the NET

I say this ME personally have put all the other box's back in the stores for sale the ONLY box i use now constantly in use 24/7 is my Visionet 8000s it seems to be the only box i can sit down and watch a Full Movie without the loss of the Picture going off .....

Visionet is the Best Supported box around in Asia and Europe

Im not say this for you to buy the Visionet cos i can also sell you all the above box ( IN STOCK )

But selling the Visionet8000s my complaints have gone down to zero

Second best option is the E-Box But i will talk about that when they have sold lots of box's and all running on the same server

I know exactly what the problem is and cannot say Live on the Forum but will say this much some of the above should move there server to a different country

Ah forget to Mention the visionet will not work Telkom so if you want Telkom your best option is the e-box ...
    If the Visionet was working TelKom it would be the best box around and i could sell 1000s

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Edirect

Won't the servers for the Visionnet 8000 run the same risk of poor service when there are too many clients hooked up?
    At least with sharing via satellite the amount of clients won't make a difference.

Regards weirdo

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Interesting post , Edirect,, your promoting your "Visionet 8000" as the best receiver out there.. This is always debaitable, but we are all entitled to our opinion, but then you say it's incapable of accessing programs from "Telkom" satellite.

Would you care to explain, why it fails with this satellite, after all you tell us , your an expert, cough,cough. Perhaps you could explain why your receiver is incapable of utilising signals from that perticular satellite

Your post would seem to be a contradiction in terms..
    regards from OZ bassett

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett
    Interesting post , Edirect,, your promoting your "Visionet 8000" as the best receiver out there.. This is always debaitable, but we are all entitled to our opinion, but then you say it's incapable of accessing programs from "Telkom" satellite.

Would you care to explain, why it fails with this satellite, after all you tell us , your an expert, cough,cough. Perhaps you could explain why your receiver is incapable of utilising signals from that perticular satellite

Your post would seem to be a contradiction in terms..
    Im not promoting anything i sell all the receivers mentioned im just saying for viewing the visionet is the best and its the only receiver i have managed to sit down and watch a full movie without it going off

The visionet does alot of packages

For some reason which i cannot explain they seem to have left Telkom out ( Crazy ) it can work Telkom if you have a server address so i give the visionet a 9/10
    So the next choice is the E BOX

If the Visionet did Telkom it would be the best receiver around >>
    Im lucky to be in a position to test all receivers and i still say Visionet i can live without Telkom cos i have all the other packages in my footprint

But in Australia the Visionet is limited to Multichoice / ST1 / Telstar18
    Australia want Telkom so your option is the ebox or mydream or angel
    After testing both receivers the E BOX is much better than the mydream or angel

My Post are based on my testing and veiwing in the SatWorld and last but not all from a Customer Sales point of veiw my complaints are zero with the visionet // the other receivers i get complaints all the time

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: re

Quote Originally Posted by EDIRECT

e-box seem's to be more stable at the moment and i say thats only cos they have not sold enough box's for the server to crash ,I say most of these problems are down to too many user's on the server .Or to put it more clear they people behind these so called box have not used the right servers or not enough servers to handle there sales of boxe's ...
    Well with a T1 line you could run as many customers as you want.

The Ebox will run with any system a card is put in the server and the server can run 16 different cards.

Telkom UBC DSTV ASTRO all work and so do any viaccess ****** seca and other cards.

It runs what the server host provides with cards. Obviously the best package is DSTV as the beam reaches so many markets.

UBCTV also runs well as does Astro.

Unlike the Angel box which goes off or gets cut off or overheats and shuts down.

With the Ebox server there will be no loss of viewing if the server is setup properly.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer

The Ebox will run with any system a card is put in the server and the server can run 16 different cards.

Telkom UBC DSTV ASTRO all work and so do any viaccess ****** seca and other cards.

It runs what the server host provides with cards. Obviously the best package is DSTV as the beam reaches so many markets.

Unlike the Angel box which goes off or gets cut off or overheats and shuts down.

With the Ebox server there will be no loss of viewing if the server is setup properly.
    Exactly my point - but you said it very well explaind !
    Depends where u buy your e-box and who is running the server

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Well if you're in Thailand you should buy your Eboxes from jsat.tv and from me in Taiwan. From others in other countries....

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well if you're in Thailand you should buy your Eboxes from jsat.tv and from me in Taiwan. From others in other countries....
    Sir I am all game for the Ebox now. But I still on not sure wheather the software inside Ebox have input for Proxy? I havent seen any screenshot that would suggest that it does? Another quetion is the port number. Here in Yangon we can have access to port 80 and 443 only. It´s better if it´s on port 80. Awating your reply.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

just get a dreambox its the best.. besides the price its more realiable for the future.........these boxes, what happens if the servers go down or get caught and things ? = no more use of those boxes.....

dreambox all the way i say.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by xfiles_03
    just get a dreambox its the best.. besides the price its more realiable for the future.........these boxes, what happens if the servers go down or get caught and things ? = no more use of those boxes.....

dreambox all the way i say.
    What happens when the server for the dreambox goes down then? Dreamboxes are not for home customers who cant do more than turn on the receiver anc change the channels.

The EBOX is idiot proof. But some idiots will always prove you wrong by doing a factory reset and deleting all the software. So you charge htem for restoring the decoder. They don't do it again.

In some countries running a server with provider cards for services not provided in that country are not illegal. Just don't do the local content.

And in any case who would anly run one server. The question comes down to this. If you are not paying your server provider then there is no certainty that person will keep running. I have a monthly maintenence fee. Watching is free, server maintenance is not lol.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Yan Naing, Weirdo, Iderto2engineer,

I alsom am considering to buy Angel Box and before buying it I would like to seek your advices.

1) If the transmission or reception is cut off, what can be the max cut off time so far you've experienced? 15 minutes, 24 hours etc

2) Some say that if the kinda cut off occurs, you have to switch to one of the FTA channels of that network you are watching and then go back to pay channel and it would be OK... Is that true

3) Can you guess or do you have any idea about how many of the valid smardcards have been used by the Agel Box manuactures to make card sharing possible through satellite

4) In view of international copyright laws, can those networks such as UBC, Multichoice, and Telkom ask AsiaSat4 operators not to transmit the data anymore How do you scale the possibility from 1 to 10 Do you think those pay TV networks are aware of cardsharing through satellite or internet

5) I think this is the dumbest question... How long would we be able to watch those pay TV networks... I think question no. 3), 4) and 5) are interdependent....If you are asked to guess what would be your comment... 6 months, 1 year, 5 years

Would really appreciate your comment and advice..

Cheers,
    ComplicatedCool

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by complicatedcool
    Hi Yan Naing, Weirdo, Iderto2engineer,

I alsom am considering to buy Angel Box and before buying it I would like to seek your advices.

1) If the transmission or reception is cut off, what can be the max cut off time so far you've experienced? 15 minutes, 24 hours etc

2) Some say that if the kinda cut off occurs, you have to switch to one of the FTA channels of that network you are watching and then go back to pay channel and it would be OK... Is that true

3) Can you guess or do you have any idea about how many of the valid smardcards have been used by the Agel Box manuactures to make card sharing possible through satellite

4) In view of international copyright laws, can those networks such as UBC, Multichoice, and Telkom ask AsiaSat4 operators not to transmit the data anymore How do you scale the possibility from 1 to 10 Do you think those pay TV networks are aware of cardsharing through satellite or internet

5) I think this is the dumbest question... How long would we be able to watch those pay TV networks... I think question no. 3), 4) and 5) are interdependent....If you are asked to guess what would be your comment... 6 months, 1 year, 5 years

Would really appreciate your comment and advice..

Cheers,
    ComplicatedCool
    1. The angel box has been cut of for more than a week sometimes. Then if you need software upgrade or Dongle much longer.

2. No: FTA content is always viewable... going from FTA to pay channels will not turn your system back on.

3. No Idea

4. Yes AS4 could be forced to shut down the service if a provider launches legal action.

5. You could be off after a week. You could be off forever. Remember you will get no support if the AS4 service is shut down. And we only install systems for FTA content anyway. If you use a system for something else then you always do so at your own discretion.

Angel boxes run very hot and sometimes shutdown due to overheating. you need to run an external cooling fan to keep this unit alive.

You'd also better keep firmware handy as sometimes you have to relaod the boxes to get them to work after they overheat.

I'm glad I didt not use angel boxes for any of my customers. In anycase it requires another dish which adds to the cost.

With the EBOX we are not dependent on an unkown source for content.

Al Apsat Casbaa is the server provider for the T1 line the EBOX is using. Also there is more than one server that can be utilized in case of emergencies.

Thread Information