Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Channels viewable with Ku band dish from Asiasat 3s

Hi,, Can anyone please let me know how many channels can be viewed using Ku band dish from Asiasat 3s or Asiasat 2 satellite.. Is it possible to view any channels from that satellites apart from NSS6 satellite..

I have dish dth so i want to know if I can also get FTA channels from any other satellites.. avaialbe in India .. What requirements are necessary to get Asiasat 3s.. is 60 or 90cm dish is enough ..

Please anyone who knows post about it..

thanks.

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

check here www.lyngsat.com for ku band channels .
    it is never too late to....

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dillberz
    Thanks for posting but I already know this site.. actually i wanted to ask how many channels can v watch with Kuband dish from Asiasat 3s satellite.. ARe there any channels which we can watch.. such as sahara, ptv or any other channels.. I know in Lyngsat website there are C band frequencies.. but I want to know if v can see it with kuband also.. Have anybody tried it or not.. and are they are getting any channels. please let me know.. I read about one DTH which is providing FTA channesl from this satellite with Dish size of 90cm with C band lnb........

aimal

Default hi

to watch asiasat 3 c band channels along with NSS6 u will be need a six feet dish, C band LNB and KU band LNB.u can fit both these LNBs in single easly. c band LNB price in pakistan upto RS 500.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mj786
    Quote Originally Posted by dillberz
    Thanks for posting but I already know this site.. actually i wanted to ask how many channels can v watch with Kuband dish from Asiasat 3s satellite.. ARe there any channels which we can watch.. such as sahara, ptv or any other channels.. I know in Lyngsat website there are C band frequencies.. but I want to know if v can see it with kuband also.. Have anybody tried it or not.. and are they are getting any channels. please let me know.. I read about one DTH which is providing FTA channesl from this satellite with Dish size of 90cm with C band lnb........
    Dear friend, you have absolutely wrong information about Free to air C band DTH. Only free to air DTH is DD+ on Ku band … Take care…Bye.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear friend, you have absolutely wrong information about Free to air C band DTH. Only free to air DTH is DD+ on Ku band … Take care…Bye. [/quote]

Hi, thanks for replying.. but i dont have wrong information about it.. just check the website.. www.apnadth.com here you can find the C-band FTA channels with 90cm dish antenna and C -band lnb.

Better reply if you have full knowledge.. bye..

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Mj

These are 2 different satellite NSS 6 and Asiasat 3S - As far as I know ASIASAT is only provding C Band and NSS 6 provides KU Band.

I have 90 cm dish with C band lnb for Asiasat and a similar dish with KU band for NSS6.

Both are working fine through DISEQ switch.
    Regards

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Anver
    Dear Mj

These are 2 different satellite NSS 6 and Asiasat 3S - As far as I know ASIASAT is only provding C Band and NSS 6 provides KU Band.

I have 90 cm dish with C band lnb for Asiasat and a similar dish with KU band for NSS6.

Both are working fine through DISEQ switch.

Dear Anver,, Thanks for posting ... Please let me know more details about the C band dish.. how much is it going to cost along with C band LNB... I am planning to take it.. how many channels are you able watch with that.. Please post.. thanks.. waiting for your post..

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,
    For channel list - see here, ZEE, SAHARA, STAR, PTV most of them are encrypted and a lot chinese channels.

http://www.lyngsat.com/asia3s.html

approax $65
    Regards

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hi anver.. i know the channels and the website lyngsat.. but i want to know are all the channels viewalbe with just 90cm C band dish.. are all the FTA channels viewable with that...

Also let me know the cost of 90cm Dish antenna and also LNb.. and Diseqcswitch... ok waiting for ur reply

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,

Yes,

Read my earlier reply again.

Regards

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Channels viewable with Ku band dish from Asiasat 3s

hi all,
    this is pratik from pune, india. just read your posts. i would like to know that apart from asiasat 3s & nss6, which other satellites can i receive with a 90 cm. dish antenna? (both c & ku band channels) what about panamsat 7/10, arabsat, insat, thaicom, hotbird, etc?

az30094

@ pakoba

The number of satellits you can get depends on your location and the proximity of each satellite to one other. In your location (Pune), You may be able to get Asiasat 3s and NSS6 in one dish, whereas all the other satellites you have mentioned are floating in other angles, that means you have to go for different dishes for each satellite.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanx az30094, for ur prompt reply.
    but maybe u did not understand my question.
    i would like to know that which other satellites, apart from nss6 & asiasat, would i be able to receive here in pune, with my 90 cm. dish? i am willing to change my direction. i am not asking about combined reception on one dish, but about different satellite angles. can i receive panamsat, arabsat, insat, thaicom, etc. with it?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by pakoba
    thanx az30094, for ur prompt reply.
    but maybe u did not understand my question.
    i would like to know that which other satellites, apart from nss6 & asiasat, would i be able to receive here in pune, with my 90 cm. dish? i am willing to change my direction. i am not asking about combined reception on one dish, but about different satellite angles. can i receive panamsat, arabsat, insat, thaicom, etc. with it?
    This site should help you in your query.
    http://www.cyberestore.com/includes/.../dishsize.html

Thread Information