Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Descrambling Consequences ??

Can we discuss something about the consequences of descrambling - scrambled channels, are the laws international, or commercial law or private law. are they just made to protect the service provider interests, or also the consumers, are the charges regulated world wide.
    just want to know where i should hide and where i can come out.

This applies to some countries and not some or what?

This would help anybody know and study more, if you know which country is relaxed, you would study in that particular country.

I hope those in the business would also help me in this question
    no strings attached..
    Dstv HD PVR

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

dude piracy is everywhere nobody can stop it.. and as long as is the satellite business is concerned u dont need to get worry about it cuz u r not involved in hacking or cracking ..in my view these scrambled channels are the piece of cake it encourages the consumer to subscribe and buy the original cards... as long as i know in uae in europe n asia ppl are sticked to watch the channels through this pirated method cuz buying power does matter to every nation...
    Im NoT InSaNe ,U r InSaNe , U r All InSaNe....

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks baba4u,
    thats why its wise to think about it, knowing it is one thing that has always been there and still will be there in the distant future. I only think people shouldnt be criminalised, it takes a lot of brain to crack.
    they should only not trade in it but can watch what they crack.
    Dstv HD PVR

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

We practicise only for learning purposes and to enjoy "hobby" as well

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

this is a very grey area. for example, selling FTA recievers is not outlawed in the US per se, but loading them with emus and selling them could mean big trouble. there have been a lot of lawsuits. but that is not the case in canada it seems, as the laws are much more open in that country. lately, there have been rumors of a crackdown on all these satellite traders and websites.

laws differ from one place to another. so unless you are making a very big announcement that says "i am viewing pirated satellite" out of your doorstep, the providers just might get some kind of interest on you and make you a case sample for everyone to see.

my point, you can tinker and do whatever you wish with your equipment, load emus, modify software as you want just don't be too obvious.

but here in the mid-east, aside from the occasional raids of the religious police, everything is well and calm on the satellite arena.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks boknoy for your very open answer which will teach me not to stand out and shout about....., but can do anything with my equipment and anounce it to my other learning friends. I feel this area gives a lot of monopoly to some service providers of ages back. we should have more service providers for commpetition, and costs would also go down for subscribers.
    Dstv HD PVR

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by satlover
    We practicise only for learning purposes and to enjoy "hobby" as well
    satlover, thanks and your practice for learning realy helps so many of us learners, while some feel their toes stepped on by people learning. thats why i feel no one should be penalised for learning his hobby, and that makes monopoly on the providers.
    lets keep learning in a free world. ten descrambled signals will not make a service provider any poorer than he was B4
    Dstv HD PVR

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

The problem is not the hobbiest, simply because he might play with a receiver, or a few keys to watch encrypted stuff.. The problem lies with the card supplier on a mass scale, someone who derives a financial gain, from hacking, pirating, call it what you will.

Some time ago , in the US,. they instigatted a way of turning of cloned cards, "black friday"" and litrilly millons of pirate cards died, But it really comes down to the encryption systems being used, If the system is working, it won't be compromissed, if it's sub-standard, there will always be someone to attempt to hack into it.. NDS is very secure, as is the latest series two encryptions..

But tell people they can't have something, and they want it all the more,,
    and just how many wild stories, and experts did we hear about, when Zee changed there system.. And has it been compremissed, NOPE
    regards from OZ bassett

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks bassett
    At least there is a good sense of humour, as most hobbiests just want to experiment and am sure they cant even watch all the channels, whether hacked or descrambled but to feel great
    It is those who now pick the isue and trade on it, all the same a hobby is only felt to be ok if others enjoy it free, while majority pay.
    Dstv HD PVR

Thread Information