Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Strange or not ?

Dear all,

I have 3 Dish(2 ku band and C band) (one for Hotbird, one for NSS and other one INSAT) and all working with single switch.

The problem - If I want to scan the channel of C Band I need to choose the LNB mode from the installation menu as "SINGLE-SH" to get only 6 Channels(Asianet, Asianet Global, News, Kairali, Jeevan etc). If I put "SINGLE" instead of "SINGLE-SH" I need to put a different frequency(certainly these frequencies are not listed with Lyngsat INSAT2E section) for Asianet and related channels, more than 6(including CALCUTTA TV AND BBS). At the same time for NSS6 DD DTH signal is very week if I keep SINGLE for INSAT. There is no problem with Hotbird KU dish.

Switch connected as following:
    1 - Hotbird, 3 - INSAT, 4 - NSS

Please can some one advise me - what to do or whats wrong here.
    Regards

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Use DiSEqc switch with proper port connection and set C and Ku band local ossilator freeq..

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear,

DiSEqc is in proper mode only,
    What is C and Ku band local ossilator freeq - ? is what some thing different than the one listed in the receiver?
    Regards

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Anver
    Dear,

DiSEqc is in proper mode only,
    What is C and Ku band local ossilator freeq - ? is what some thing different than the one listed in the receiver?
    LO is 5150
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear

Yes it(5150) appears on both occassions like in SINGLE and SINGLE-SH.

Please advise
    Regards

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hello,As my experiment with 2 Ku and 1 C band dish; first select the satellite and chose 5150 L O freeq... and select port no 1 or A (it is different in different reciverse, be sure you not using mini switch) and connect to C band lnb through DiSEqc port 1.
    To connect Ku band follow the same procedure;( for receiving on C and Ku on same satellite change the satellite as you required).But choose L O freeq
    9750/10600 or select universal lnb and select the port no 2 and connect the Ku lnb on DiSEqc port 2

az30094

Switch should not be a problems when the installation is correct. Hotbird and NSS (6?) use Universal and INSAT use C band LNBs. If these match with your installation, then the rest of the configuration is done in the receiver. The channels you have named are I think in INSAT, i.e., in C-Band.

SINGLE and SINGLE-SH terms are new to me, and I could understand what they refer to? It may be related to the particular receiver you have. You can list your receiver so the other users of the receiver can help you better.

But in general, in antenna settings, you have to configure each satellite, what type of LNB is associated with it and to which port on Diseq it is attributed to. Once this configuration is correctly set, then you can check the signal strength from each satellite to confirm that your settings are correct. The signal strength, of course, greatly depends upon your location, the size of the dish, and the correctness of its positioning.

Hope this will give you an idea about your problem.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear

Thanks for all the response,
    but it is very strange man, when scan single with C band - I used to get strange channel which is not listed in the satellite pkg.
    Example:
    INSAT 2E there is no CALCUTTA TV AND BBS - that is on INSAT4 and position of my dish is on to INSAT2E. but when you scan as SINGLE these channel also popup and also working. But it not coming when you scan as SINGLE-SH but the problem is DD DTH will be weak.

please help
    Regards

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default insat 4

What difference it will make to you when Insat 2E and Insat 4 Satellites are at 83E and both are C band frequencies ? It is quite natural you are getting BBS and Colcutta channels. Eventhough there are 6 Hotbird Satellites, we feel like there in only one Hotbird Satellite. Even the addition of the new satellite Hotbird 7 will not make any differnce in the setting. Only with a re scanning we will get many channels which were on super beam before

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes, that can be true.
    Now one of the expert says - if you want scan the channels with SINGLE on INSAT2E "reduce 600 from the original frequency and keep the polarisation same as original - example If one of the channel's original frequency is 3600 then reduce 600 to make as 3000. Then all the signal will be strong.

is that again strange?
    Regards

az30094

Now one of the expert says - if you want scan the channels with SINGLE on INSAT2E "reduce 600 from the original frequency and keep the polarisation same as original - example If one of the channel's original frequency is 3600 then reduce 600 to make as 3000. Then all the signal will be strong
    It is not true. You are just changing the frequency to a new one. The new frequency may point to a new transponder that may have a stong signal.

Thread Information