Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default RDI in Trouble..

Hey Admin...

Well I noticed that your Database do not Support more Threads ( Users Connected to your Database) most I and I know most of the user faced an Error Msg (" Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (11) in /www/********.ro/f2/db/mysql4.php on line 49

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /www/********.ro/f2/db/mysql4.php on line 331

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /www/********.ro/f2/db/mysql4.php on line 332
    phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database "
    )
    That’s Because your Backend Database is older version of MySQL is not as much powerful... U needs to Upgrade your Database to MYSQL 5.x and Increase the User Threads... Cuz day by day the Users Increasing... and the Mechanism is almost the same...

So I suggest to Up-grade your Database to MYSQL 5.X from your Previous Database Server ... or if you have no Clue then Contact your WEB HOSTER...

If this situation remains for a couple of months... I fear that RDI will Down.. and all of your Previous Data Might be lost...

So If I could do anything in This Regard... ADMINS are Welcome..

Regards

Waqar Hussain
    Get the Truth Before the Truth Gets You !

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

It is true ..I was facing problem while login in this morning ,,I got message that RDI is going to upgrade ,will be back very soon but I continue attempting and finally I could succeed to login with RDI
    I thought may be my PC is virus infected so I re-installed operating system and tried to login hence I'm facing problems while opening pages while replying to the posts
    @Admin
    RDI needs upgradation
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Last evening i couldnt read anything on the forum, showing upgrading.

something should be done because right now am getting this message below, and had to try again and again for long.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (11) in /www/********.ro/f2/db/mysql4.php on line 49

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /www/********.ro/f2/db/mysql4.php on line 331

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /www/********.ro/f2/db/mysql4.php on line 332

Could not connect to the database

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by masood
    Quote Originally Posted by waqarhussain22
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (11) in /www/********.ro/f2/db/mysql4.php on line 49

@Admin
    RDI needs upgradation
    Dear Admin , me too .I'm also faced this error n sometimes I can't log-in here.So Pls. do quickly upgradetion admin... We don't wanna lose our precious threads...
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I think it's not an upgrade of software, but the problem is that the database is getting to big... and the server slow when to many are logedonn
    Terrorist use the muslim faith for there privat intrests, and should be killed more painfull than their victems

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default RDI Sinking...

Quote Originally Posted by henke
    I think it's not an upgrade of software, but the problem is that the database is getting to big... and the server slow when to many are logedonn

Hey Guys... Hey Masood .. Hey All ..

Well Mr hanke.. I guess you don’t know anything about the php or the Databases or might about MySql... MYSQL is a New Database Server system... I mean not as much mature as others of the Database Servers are like Oracle MS SQL Server etc.. and every new release of MYSQL Server Includes more and more stuff... Like MYSQL 5.x is Now Supporting Views Triggers and More Complex Joins etc etc...

Well henke: You will face that error because of the Huge Traffic on the web site... once you have a perfect machanism it supports millions of threads no worry ... so they should upgrade their entire mechanism Queries Databases Tables etc.. and they have almost removes the SEARCH Option from the Forum because its hard to find out something in the forum being having older version of MySQL .. and of course the Dynamic Pages needs proper Maintenance all the time... and I guess RDI Admins... Just Enjoying the Profits and setting enjoying that... which I guess is Polish.. they should come and should Upgrade the stuff as soon as possible... or they should Contact their PHP Hosting to come over this problem....

So ADMIN: if you didn’t come out there... you might be in trouble and RDI will SINK soon....

Regards..

Waqar Hussain
    Get the Truth Before the Truth Gets You !

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

oh well, you can only get so much out of something that is FREE.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hi Hussain,

I think your message is loud and clear, the moderators know about their site capacity etc, the designers am sure will get it going even if it is new softwares, I think we be patient enough.
    at times it is not possible to run, and lets not expect them to run very fast.

SLOWLY THEY will correct, am sure they would be happy to see us comunnicate as usual.

Thread Information