Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: dvb codecs

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

dead sea
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default dvb codecs

hi friends

i am using k lite codec pack plz help me out this is something very much serious i am using altdvb when i change the channel i lost audio on almost every channel i tried diffrent combinations of audio decoder but its not working

secondly plz tell me some video decoder which take less space while recording cyberlink video decoder n all mpeg2 decoders take a hell lot of space. any good sites where i can get video decoders like divx or any other

Platinum member Expert
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts Thanks / Likes

the codec does not have anything to do with the MPEG file compression format i think. you need to the codec to interpret and show the audio/video on your system, not record it. now, as for your file size, there is nothing you can do about it when recording as most DVB apps will encode to mpeg2 format which has a 1 minute = 10mb filesize. to reduce the filesize, re-encode it to divx/xvid (but you will lose quality) or kvcd format. other than that, there is no workaround to your filesize problems.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information