Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Regarding my receiver

Im in presently Kuwait(Middle East) and Long time back i had taken a subsricption for showtime and received a decoder from them to view the channels, Now i was just wondering if i could use the same receiver now to view hotbird,Nilesat,arabsat and asiasat channels.The receiver had come with a password and i have forgotten the password for it is there anyways that i can reset the passwordI will check on the name,make and model number of the receiver and will post it for futher detailed help.
    Pls do reply back and help me out in this it will be really appreciated

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

In short NO

i am also having the decorder like that but its only for decoration of my room only

az30094

There is one more way . . .

If your subscription to the provider is not valid any more, and if there are no warranties on your receiver, the read the following:

Open up your box and take a look at the hardware. Most important are the main processor, the flash chip and the tuner. Then try to match your hardware with a similar receiver. Then you can try to upgrade your receiver with the software for this receiver.

Most important ! Before you do anything, you have to make a backup of your existing flash.

Things become more technical as you proceed.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

the subscription is over way to l0ng and the decoder was just kept in the locker, While cleaning i just went through the decoder and was wondering if i could use it to view hotbird and other satellite channels.I dont know whats the name of the receiver execpt for it is an IREDTO module decoder.I tried connecting the Lnb to it but dont know the way to go about it.Whats the possible ways to use this decoder and how. If i could use the fun cards or someother cards would it work?and also if i could use it to view FTA channels

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i have a showtime decoder here too (you can call them at 807007 and ask for the master password). other than that, there is nothing you can do, even if you modify the transponder list, still it will hunt for signal on the showtime network at nilesat. i had the galaxis ird 6000 receiver with me and an ****** cam that came with it. sorry to burst your bubble but it seems your box will be relegated to a very big doorstop. unless of course you can find a software patch for your box (once you get to know which make/model it is actually).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

If not mistaken i guess its the same receiver galaxy with iredto cam module that came with it...So is there a possibility that i can use this decoder to view FTA channels

Thread Information